Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: That time of year again...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

His Lovely Wife

Ok, so it's Cindy's birthday time again. Just seeing if anyone was interested in arena fighting one afternoon/night next week. I'm thinking Sunday, Monday or Tuesday. Virtue, Pocket D.
Bob, if you can drag Peggy along, that'd be fun.
-Cindy
I'll try -- Stiletto is still on Virtue, untouched since last year...-- Bob
---------
One of the primary differences between the Left and the Right is their attitude toward the Future. The Radical wants the Future to have gotten here yesterday. The Reactionary wants the Future quietly shot and the corpse buried where no one can find it.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
I will try to be there as best I can. After all your online b-day parties are always fun. [Image: wink.gif]
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

crimsonsun

Gimme a specific date and I'll see if I can make time[Image: faveosig.jpg]

His Lovely Wife

Day: Sunday Sept 30, 2007
Server: Virtue
Activity: Arena Fights to start!
Time: 5pm EST until I fall asleep, usually around 9pm EST. For those who can't make it, let me know another time and I'll do my best to pop in and give hugs.
-Cindy
Aww, darn! I'm working then. Seems I'm like the only guy they can get for that specific time at work... *mutter grumble*
In other news, I MIGHT be able to finagle Thursday night and Friday... in fact, I think I'll go post my plan for Friday in another thread...
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

His Lovely Wife

Quote:
Aww, darn! I'm working then. Seems I'm like the only guy they can get for that specific time at work... *mutter grumble*
Hmm, how did I know that would happen? OK then, two parties again this year. Those that can make it Sunday evening and those that can't make it Sunday evening but can make it at another time to be determined.
Two parties. Watch me suffer. ;-) -C-
I should bring Bowtruckle. If I can actually use the Oil slick, it might be worth a giggle.--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
"Camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel. The stuff of legend! Right, Boo?"
There's an off chance I might be there for a little while - depends how tired I am at night, how it shakes down. I'd have to reactivate my account, but it's not like I wasn't planning on doing so anyway. [Image: wink.gif]
-- Acyl

His Lovely Wife

Thanks to everyone who came out to join me in celebrating my birthday in the arena.
Grats to Hexane who seemed to hand everyone their butts on a silver platter in almost every battle.
Same time next year? ;-)
Group Hugs! -Cindy
Quote:
Grats to Hexane who seemed to hand everyone their butts on a silver platter in almost every battle.
Except the last one, after you left. That one was a three-way tie when the whistle blew. (I finally figured out a good mix for my team.)-- Bob
---------
One of the primary differences between the Left and the Right is their attitude toward the Future. The Radical wants the Future to have gotten here yesterday. The Reactionary wants the Future quietly shot and the corpse buried where no one can find it.
-- Bob
---------
That was fun, yeah. Sorry I couldn't stay for longer. Looks like I missed the lion's share of the action. =)
And thank you for getting us together for this.
-- Acyl
Yeah, Bob, those Tank Smashers are tough as all get out.
I also noticed that the Gladiator match auto-levels everyone's pets to the same level as the highest person there, so it's perhaps not quite such a total shock that Misao's did as well as they did given that she herself is about half the level of her opponents....
Glad everyone had fun!--
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Well, yeah, Tank Smashers. But also Longbow Warden -- can you say Healer? Made all the difference for me -- it let the Smashers save their intrinsic heals for when they really needed them.-- Bob
---------
-- Bob
---------
You're welcome Cindy, it was a lot of fun. And quite surprising not to get totally owned in PVP.
--
49. I may not provide covert funding to any red haired, budding mad scientists.
a. Even if they dye their hair.
b. Or are from an alternate future reality.
- 50 things Hexane has learned since joining the Infamous.