Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Request for The Base
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

His Lovely Wife

I don't know if this is a good idea, or if we have room for it in the base, but I'll ask for it anyway.
Could we have a room dedicated to Inventions? Have the vault there, the invention worktable, a salvage rack and an enhancement table?
-Cindy
I think we could. But it would require some juggling of items.
I have a question of my own, related to this, that I wonder if anyone could answer? It'll directly effect what I can do.
There are three types of work tables for both technology and arcane base salvage and base item construction.
There are also 3 levels of Empowerment stations for both tech and arcane. These are the ones with the circular bases.
I've noticed that the Empowerment Stations also serve as worktables by themselves.
My questions - Do the level 3 Empowerment Stations serve as both level 3 and level 2 (or even level 1) worktables?
Do we need any but the most basic worktable, (tech or arcane) if we have the corresponding level 3 Empowerment Station?
If not, then I can remove the extra worktables from the second shop along the hallway (behind the trees), and we can use basic worktables and level 3 Empowerment stations in the main workshop for our base needs. And we can move the Invention Gear into the workshop off the main hallway.
Anybody know for sure about that?
-Logan
-----------------
"Wake up! Time for SCIENCE!"
-Adam Savage
-----------------
level 3 empowerment stations are good for refining salvage down to Base components, and the Worktables really aren't needed except for a few minutes at a time by the base architect. All that's really needed for day-to-day base functionality is: storage for Base and Invention salvage, arcane and tech Empowerment stations, Invention Table, Invention storage.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
That actually reminds me of something. The wiki page for the Legendary mentions "personal items"... but what's a personal item for bases? '.'
-Morgan."Mikuru-chan molested me! I'm... so happy!"
-Haruhi, "The Ecchi of Haruhi Suzumiya"
---(Not really)
Okay, changes have been made. No new rooms were created, but I created a 3rd Tier Arcane Empowerment station. Left the low end Worktables where they were.
The Vault and Invention Worktable are now in the workshop just off the main hallway. There's a base storage rack there as well as an enhancement bin.
-Logan
-----------------
"Wake up! Time for SCIENCE!"
-Adam Savage
-----------------
Quote:
That actually reminds me of something. The wiki page for the Legendary mentions "personal items"... but what's a personal item for bases? '.'
Something that you've crafted yourself, like an aux item, or a veteran reward, like the trophies.
--Sam
"What does your sofa turn into? The sonar radar perimeter defense unit?"

His Lovely Wife

Quote:
Okay, changes have been made.
Looks great! Uhm, I didn't know there were specific level ranges for the enhancement tables.
-Cindy
Essentially it boils down to how long the buffs last. Tier one station has like 10 minutes or so, and tier 3 is like an hour, iirc.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll