Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: I live again. Sorta?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Chibi Konatsu

Wow. So, here's what just happened.
For the purpose of this discussion, assume 'just' has a looser meaning than otherwise is accepted.
So. At the end of January, I found myself incapable of affording another month of our fine shared addiction. I thought 'okay, wait for an opportune moment'. Then I noticed that one would not be forthcoming for some time. When this occured I thought of going onto the boards and letting people know that... and then I made little panicky noises until the urge to do that went away.
I never said this was an explanation that would in any way exonerate my decision-making prowess.
Long story short, I /am/ taking advantage of the free weekend, but I am not quite back yet.
Note 'quite'.
I /should/ be able to pay with my next paycheck and indeed plan to do so. It'll be hard, because my Local Computer Gaming Store has opted against continued stocking of the time cards for this game, but it just means I'll have to do it another way which is a tad inconvenient for me. But I want to come back, so I'll deal.
Long story short? I return, a bit behind schedule.
I had a similar angsty moment myself.
Just an FYI, ANY NCSOFT timecard will work.
So Auto Assault and Lineage II time cards will work just as well for City of Heroes/Villains
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Can you belive it, Just when I finaly get my character booted off the roster for being inactive for so long I finaly get things together and reinstall the game. I'm so weak.. lol, oh well Now I just have to wait for the silly game to patch *glares at the timer* Oh not much..just 26 Hours! lol as things stand right now, It makes me sad to have to wait that long to play heh.
Welcome back... I hope!

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.
Huzzah and all that Jazz..after like 28+ hours of patching..I log on to find out..oh god I'm so out of practice I can't remember anything heh heh. If i ever consider takeing this game off my computer again..somebody slap me please.
Throwing in my hat here. I'm supposed to be tragically busy with RL. Well. I am. But being weak, I'll be checking out I9 on Sunday. =P
(I'll probably only get the chance to reactivate my account proper in, eh, a month or so, tho. Pfft, well.)
-- Acyl

Mekadave

Welcome back, you poor lost souls! [Image: tongue.gif]
Global: @Jimmy Amp
"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will Rogers

Chibi Konatsu

So the time has come, and hopefully within a few days I'll have the time to go pick up a timecard again. I'd really rather not be paying through my card: this has historically worked out... poorly.
See you soon!
aaaaargh. Moved into a new apartment. No net yet. aaaaagh.
*gnaws Verizon's slow, backwards-thinking bones*

===============================================
"I'm terribly sorry, but I have to kill you quite horribly now."

Render

The computer I rely on for most of my CoX play runs out of virtual memory all the time & is terribly slow when it's not just crashing programs. It's been getting worse for a while, but over the last week or two, it reached the point where the game is completely unplayable.
I've defragged, checked for viruses, spyware, malware, root kits etc, to no avail. It looks like I'm going to have to do a clean install or replace hardware. This is complicated slightly by the fact that we just moved into a new house and I can't find the relevant DVDs, so it may be a few more days before I get something sorted out.
Render... the culprit is Issue 9 and the Auction houses.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Mekadave

Also, make sure your video and other drivers are updated. That can contribute to problems if you have older ones.
Global: @Jimmy Amp
"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will Rogers

Chibi Konatsu

And that's when I found out the DNA evidence was ta... I mean, that's when I started having money problems again.
Shtuff happened, folks, and I'm not going to be able to start back in this paycheck. Next paycheck's not looking so good either. But soon!

Render

I have replaced my balky, sucky computer with one that is neither.
Just in time for work to get busy and to have to stop termites from eating my house. Sooo... hoping to be on more often, but probably after Memorial Day.

Chibi Konatsu

And now, gentlethings, I live once more! Well and truly this time!
The only problem with my current arrangement is that it is, well, temporary if long-term. See, my credit card doesn't authorize online. Dunno why. So my recourse is to buy timecards, but the only store nearby that had any had two of them and didn't seem too likely to be getting more. So I've got four months of play and then... well, we'll see.
But in the meantime I plan to club thugs like it was going out of style.
Well, if you have four months, why not try to special-order timecards?

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.

Chibi Konatsu

The stores in my area don't special order. I'd buy them online but this meets the same problem as just trying to pay online in the first place.