Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Task Force Hunter - Crey Season! Rabbit Season! Crey Season!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Crey condemns Task Force Hunter
PARAGON CITY (AFP) - Countess Crey called for the arrest of Task Force Hunter today, following clashes between Crey Industry security and the heroes in Paragon City - blasting their actions as a campaign of deliberate percecution against Crey Industries.
But Freedom Phalanx member Manticore defended Task Force Hunter's actions, calling them within the autonomy afforded to registered heroes by the Federal Bureau of Super-powered Affairs. Praising their actions, he insisted the Task Force had the Freedom Phalanx's full support.
Task Force Hunter was composed of Evangelia, Wide Receiver, Brightsky, Cyberman 8, Shizuru, Frenetic Sublimation and Space Mage, all of The Legendary supergroup, and the notorious hero MechaDeuce. Several of them also hold reserve membership in the Freedom Phalanx.
Task Force Hunter exposed alleged illegal research being conducted at a Crey facility late on Friday. Reports say Rikti technology was seized on-site following Task Force Hunter's raid.
Task Force Hunter later responded to the kidnapping of Paragon City Councilman John Birch, rescuing from what were apparently Crey Industries personnel. Task Force Hunter later arrested Countess Crey's personal assistant, Hopkins, in connection with the incident.
Countess Crey insists the illegal Rikti technology and the alleged kidnapping were staged in a deliberate smear campaign to damage Crey Industry's reputation. The Paragon Police Department and Federal Bureau of Super-powered Affairs are investigating the incident. City Representative Brighid Moreira had no comment for the press at this time.
[Image: tfhunter.jpg]
Task Force Hunter poses in uniform
[Image: tfhunter2.jpg]
The heroes in individual costumes
Or in other words, Evangelia, Wide Receiver, Brightsky, Cyberman 8, Shizuru, Frenetic Sublimation, Space Mage and MechaDeuce did the Manticore TF last night.
Aside from some hiccups here and there, mostly issues with coordination - we seriously kicked ass.
Thanks, folks! =D
-- Acyl
You got some great screenshots there. Better than the angles I was able to get. Cyberman 8 was on the end of the line, so my angle wasn't the best for the group shots.
And yeah! we just STEAMROLLED that Task Force! We got split up a couple of times, and there was that time where near half the party fell, but the rest of us pulled it together and stood our ground long enough for the downed party members to recover (and without even a hospital trip!). But otherwise Crey couldn't even slow us down!
And I knew it was a good idea to bring Cyberman 8 along once I remembered that he had access to a Warburg Warhead. Calling down an orbital strike on Hopkins at the end there made that go so much easier! Heh. ^_^-Logan
-----------------
"Wake up! Time for SCIENCE!"
-Adam Savage
-----------------
Did anyone get a screenshot of the orbital strike? I caught the invocation, but didn't actually see the strike itself.
And god, yes, we were the unstoppable godly horde. Even when I got stuck taking forever to zone, and then went the stupid way around to get to the next-to-last mission.

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.
Oh BTW - In case things were going to fast and you didn't get a chance to read the messages from Manticore in the mission briefings, here's all the messages and text that the team leader would see during the course of the Task Force. Just replace "Task Force Basilisk" with "Task Force Hunter" when reading in your mind.
The home site of the above is a good place to catch up on ALL the story arc and Task Force plot lines. Very handy for writing about your adventures later if you forgot about something.-Logan
-----------------
"Wake up! Time for SCIENCE!"
-Adam Savage
-----------------