Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Pics from Ice Mistral Strike Force
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After months of cajoling, complaining and wheedling Lady Nogitsune was finally able to gather together enough villains of sufficient threat levels to accept a job from Ice Mistral.
Not that she would stoop to such tactics, for they are beneath her. There are you happy Mace? Can I continue dictating this? Thank you. Now where was I, ah yes.
Lady Nogitsune was joined by fellow member of the Infamous, Hexane and the masterminds Lead Poisoning (our own Render) and Jesibell. The massed force of Ninja, Mercenaries and Thugs accepted the job, but little did they know that Ice Mistral had learned Strike Force planning from the capes in Paragon, and that their missions would take them to every corner of the Rogue Isles.
And yes it was an all MM Strike Force, where everyone knew what they were doing, more or less. The best analogies involve hot chainsaws and butter.
[Image: hexnjesi_wait.jpg]
Hexane and Jesibell waiting for their teamates in Sharkhead.
[Image: h_n_j_wait.jpg]
Hexane, Jesibell and Nogi-sama waiting for Lead Poisoning before confronting the Thorns in Primeva.
[Image: nogi_signals_advance_cot.jpg]
Nogi-sama signals an advance as the Thorn's line crumbles.
[Image: hex_vs_cot_01.jpg]
Hexane vs the Circle of Thorns.
[Image: lot_tsoo.jpg]
That's a lot of Tsoo
[Image: lot_min.jpg]
But we've got a lot of cannon fodd.. er loyal henchmen ourselves.
[Image: still_lot_tsoo.jpg]
That really is a lot of Tsoo, better do something about it.
[Image: there_were_a_lot_of_tsoo_1.jpg]
That's better.
[Image: fewer_tsoo.jpg]
Now there's not so many Tsoo.
[Image: good_fluffy.jpg]
Good Fluffy hold the Tsoo still for mommy.
[Image: there_were_a_lot_of_tsoo_2.jpg]
The minions advance through the Tsoo's cargo ship.
[Image: there_were_a_lot_of_tsoo_3.jpg]
Artistic shot of the Tsoo being annihilated.
[Image: not_so_many_tsoo_anymore.jpg]
Not so many Tsoo anymore.
[Image: last_of_the_tsoo.jpg]
The last of the Tsoo fall beneath our onslaught.
[Image: waiting_for_nogi.jpg]
Waiting for Nogi-sama so we can enter the penultimate mission.
[Image: vs_carnies.jpg]
Hidden behind the mass of minions is a group of Carnies making a desperate last stand.
[Image: getting_ready_for_the_last_mission.jpg]
The Strike Force assembles to attack the Thorns for one last time.
[Image: rush_the_door.jpg]
The Thorn's last redoubt is stormed under.
[Image: poor_overlord_no_wait.jpg]
Oh that poor Behemoth... no wait... that's a good thing.
[Image: our_nemesis_topography.jpg]
The inner sanctum of the Thorns, where we met our great nemesis, topography.
[Image: long_way_down.jpg]
It was a long way down.
[Image: trying_for_a_minionfull_shot.jpg]
It is over, and the surviving minions are gathered together.
[Image: Victors.jpg]
The victors.
[Image: Victors_again.jpg]
A second team shot at the end.
[Image: last_one.jpg]
And the last team shot.
[Image: narcisism.jpg]
Narcissism.
Sorry about there not being a lot of shots of Lead Poisoning, Render. Most of the ones with him in them didn't turn out very well.
--
"The SCA has superior armor, close-in weapons, and experience; the RCMP
have superior ranged weapons, including tear gas, water cannons and the
threat of real guns." -- Dan Ritter

Render

Quite all right. I tend to move around a lot, and the old man's dark clothing and wide brimmed hat can make him hard to get a good pic. I'm content, I had fun running the SF, got some XP and loot, and hope the new coalition will lead to more team-ups in the future.
Nogi woud like me to .... Owww! Not so hard, you crazy kunoichi!
Nogitsune-sama would like to extend her congratulations on a hard-fought Strike Force for the mercurial Ice Mistral. She does enjoy a good scrap against the Circle of Thorns now that the Legacy Chain no longer provide her any entertainment whatsoever. Besides her reputation has grown enough that she can again bully the Arachnos Quartermasters and the Shady Individuals at the black market to provide her with premium mystical Artefacts and Ingredients.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
So...
What level and archetype was topography, anyway?

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.
I don't know about archetypes, but considering the number of times I got lost in what was essentially a big pit I'm going to say its powersets were mind and illusion.
--
"This is WhiteSnow, a town filled with snow.
Enjoy the world of snow.
(Note: This is what happens when you do a direct translation.)"
-- _Rhapsody_ (Atlus Games)

Render

Quote:
What level and archetype was topography, anyway?
Level 32 (feet per second per second) Gravity/Explody Crystals Dominator.
It's a rough map for Masterminds. You've got minions falling off ledges and aggroing pissy demons, then jumping back up. You've got pink psi crystals everywhere (walls, ceilings, floors) that explode for AoE damage if you look at them wrong. Stuff respawns behind you. The AV, well, he's not all that, but he summons enough demons to challenge you to a game of rugby, with your head as the ball.
It was a blast.