Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Standard Uniform
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Members who are security level 30 or higher should dedicate one costume slot to the Legendary's standard uniform.
Note that this is for heroes who don't have as part of their origin a battlesuit or major modifications to the bodytype, like monstrous legs or large robotic gloves. For those, you can simply use the standard SG color replacement and not have to worry about dedicating a costume slot.
Individual tweaks and modifications are encouraged. If you have a particular "schtick" to your costume -- like Evangelia is the wings on the head and the wide curled up shoulder bits -- then keep that and change the rest. If you shoot eyebeams from a visor that you always wear on every costume, regardless of design, then leave that in.
As a general guideline, when designing variants, always try to keep in mind -- the center is blue, the outside is yellow. In other words. Torso and upper legs/arms blue with hands and feet as yellow. Anything that follows that general rule is going to look approximately right.
Key to descriptions:
Color grid is 10 across, 16 Vertical. Anytime there is a reference the color grid, it is given in coordinates starting from the left to right, then top to bottom. For instance, if an element says:
Color: 7/4 (Yellow)
Then that means that you count 7 over from the left, and 4 down to find find a shade of Yellow there.
Costume pieces and patterns are referred to by their names.

Female Uniform
If you have a full mask, it needs to be
as that will match the neck of the outfit and blend right in.
Upper Body:
Sleeveless Jackets
Jackets
Leather -
Color: 3/12 (Blue)
Chest
Tight
Pattern: Sharp
Primary Color: 5/12 (Blue)
Secondary Color: 7/4 (Yellow)
Shoulders (Optional)
Smooth
Primary Color: 7/4 (Yellow)
Secondary Color: 5/12 (Blue)
Chest Detail
Over
Vitruvian
Secondary Color: 7/3 (Orange)
(The Chest Emblem change in colors is to allow it to show up and have some contrast.)
Gloves
Smooth/Bare
Full
None
Belt
V
Lower Body
Bottoms
Bottom
Tights
Sharp
Boots
Smooth
Tights
None
Capes (Optional)
Asymmetrical Mantle
Brooch
Brooch 1
Cape
Long Cape/Short Cape (Either)
Starshot
(Applies to both interior and exterior)
Example:
Front:
[Image: SG_design_02.jpg]
Rear:
[Image: SG_design_03.jpg]

Male Uniform
Again - if you have a full mask, it needs to be
as that will match the neck of the outfit and blend right in.
Upper Body:
Sleeveless Jackets
Jackets
Leather -
Color: 3/12 (Blue)
Chest
Tights Muscular
Pattern 5
Shoulders (Optional)
Small
Chest Detail
Over
Vitruvian
Secondary Color: 7/3 (Orange)
(The Chest Emblem change in colors is to allow it to show up and have some contrast.)
Gloves
Smooth/Bare
Shiny Leather
None
Belt
Tech Flat
Lower Body
Bottoms
Bottom
Tights
None
Boots
Smooth
Shiny Leather
None
Capes (Optional)
Asymmetrical Mantle
Brooch
Brooch 1
Cape
Long Cape/Short Cape (Either)
Starshot
(Applies to both interior and exterior)
Example:
Front:
(Male example needed)
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
[Image: wide02.jpg]
[Image: wide01.jpg]
With bonus pic of Gatcha Girl, a judge from the Costume contest going on at the same time as Bella's 50 bash.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
www.magma.ca/~revdark/coh...endary.jpg
As hard as she tried, she could not give up her very, very, tight shorts.

Mekadave

I just made Kobalt-60's new Great Lakes Legendary suit. I'm so stylin'! [Image: nerd.gif]
The radioactive green hair just clashes with everything, though.
[Image: Kobalt-newsuit.jpg]
Global: @Jimmy Amp
"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will Rogers
Well, since Shizuru has been "Appropriating" enhancements down to half of the bin, She decided to change a few things with the costume and added the parts of the holiday wear.
[Image: screenshot_2006-12-18-17-55-07.jpg]
[Image: screenshot_2006-12-18-17-47-57.jpg]
Remember to re-blend your arm and leg coloring to make sure it just doesn't look wierd.
Shizuru Clause is coming to town - as soon as I get me a hat!
When engaging, nothing beats a full frontal.
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
Proposing a slight change to the male version of the Legendary Uniform. How about utilizing the Long sleeved variant of the same jacket and pinstripes on the leggings?
[Image: Legendary_Standard_Uniform_Male.jpg]-Logan
-----------------
"Wake up! Time for SCIENCE!"
-Adam Savage
-----------------
While it looks nice, I gotta say that I prefer the tapered gold look myself.

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.
Can you define "tapered gold" for me? I'm not 100% sure what you mean.-Logan
-----------------
"Wake up! Time for SCIENCE!"
-Adam Savage
-----------------
Never mind.

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.
Since it's been pointed out that the original reference image links are broken, here's a new set.

[Image: Legendary_Standard_Uniform_Female.jpg][Image: Legendary_Standard_Uniform_Female_B.jpg]

[Image: Legendary_Standard_Uniform_Male.jpg][Image: Legendary_Standard_Uniform_Male_RVi.jpg]

Fetch

[Image: 9dc16426487abf44015611db3d367c8090cec7c7.p.jpg]

This is Velvet Vision. Modled her costume based on The Legendary uniform.

Won a costume contest with her. Was hoping to join up with your SG, but I never seem to run into any of you when I'm on with her.

It's ok though. I've joined another SG on Virtue, with another toon.

Perhaps you've heard of them: The Danger Rangers.
Hey there! Join "The Legendary" global channel, we talk on that quite a bit at all hours. If we're on our alts or over redside, then one of us
can get free and invite you then.

I don't think "The Legendary" global has any restrictions right now. So it should be easy to join.

Edit: Oh and that's a great costume!
Hey, Fetch, welcome to the Forums! And Logan is giving you the best advice there -- join our channel. There's almost always someone there who can switch over and invite you if they're not already playing a Legendary member.

Come to think of it, if you're going to be playing tonight (8/29/08) at 7 PM-ish eastern time, I think we can guarantee a whole slew of Legendary folk will be online.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Is this gonna meet uniform specs?

[Image: kimesetix.jpg]
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Uniform specs are really loose. So long as you have the colors, you're pretty much set. The Jacket is probably the most common piece to use, though
I'll let one of the leader folk say what's what.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI
Um, well, we really haven't been insisting on the uniform for a year or more, best as I can figure. Ought to have it, yes. Get kicked if you don't? No.

As for the specific costume... given those conditions, yes, as far as I'm concerned it works. After all, Beach Baby uses an abbreviated wetsuit for her
"team uniform".
-- Bob
---------
i'll note that in the past year it's become much easier to keep a uniform handy without taking up one of your slots, as well. Dunno about the rest of
you, but all of my Legendary characters have a uniform, but only one of them that I can think of (Katy) actually has it assigned to a slot. The rest?

Well, let's just say they have to pick up their dry cleaning at Icon. Big Grin

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
I went so far as to use the right colors... >.> but that's about all anyone'll get outta me. Haven't been warned or nothing so methinks a bit
of individuality is just fine.

dark seraph

Now that DS is part of the Legendary, I tried my hand at one.
[Image: screenshot_100621-15-19-14.jpg] 
no tights because that is Nightmare Fuel. 
[Image: screenshot_110420-09-43-58.jpg]
And Neph's try, old costume with a twist. (I love how well the PPD boots work with just about anyting Smile )

I thought I might try my hand at interpreting the old Legendary Uniform into something compatible in Champions. So here they are. 

Even though there are some options from various costume packs that can be bought from the C-Store that IMO would make the uniforms look better, I stuck with costume options that are available to anyone with a silver account. I'm pretty sure there's no "lock-outs" on these outfits that would prevent a F2P account from making them. 

I left off capes as I assume that would be done to taste. Plus you can still look at the old COH pics above for a general idea of what colors we used on capes. 

I left the hands as non gloved this time. I thought it reduced complications. 

Obviously these are VERY optional. No one should be required to use a costume slot on one. But I thought it would be nice to have a template available should we have a gathering and wanted to "show the colors" as it were.

[Image: Costume_Aariny_TheLegendary01_CC_Comic_P...846296.jpg][Image: Costume_Aariny_Legendary_F1_CC_Comic_Pag...888423.jpg]

[Image: CO_Legendary_Uniform_M1.jpg]
[Image: CO_Legendary_Uniform_F1.jpg]
Very nice.
-- Bob
---------