Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Rank Names
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The fact that Rank 2 in the group remains "Commander" when everything else has that "myth" theme going has been rankling me for a long time. I finally came up with a possible solution, which I'm throwing up here for people to comment on.
The current structure is:
* Legend
* Commander
* Myth
* Tall Tale
* Rumor
I'd like to offer the new term "Chimera", which besides its immediate mythological and biosciences meanings can also mean something generically mythical/fictional.
We can either rename "commander" to "chimera", or, if people think that doesn't rank right in the metaphoric scale, we can rename "Myth" to "Chimera" and turn "Commander" into "Myth".
Thoughts, opinions?

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.
From bottom to top, a possible progression for the legendary (and S&M enthusiasts...)
Rumour
Tall Tale
Fable
Myth
Legend
I like that.

-- Bob
---------

Render

I am less fond of 'Tall Tale' than the others. I don't know why, but it makes me think of jackalopes. (Hm. Jackalope scrapper/stalker? Ahem.)
If the progression went Rumor then Fable, a rank called Epic or Saga could fall before or after Myth. Legend, of course, must be the highest rank. [Image: smile.gif]
Chimera or mirage aren't so much in the 'kinds of story' theme implied by the other ranks, but they sound like cool rank names to me.
Just thinking aloud.
So the counter-suggestion would be:
Rumour
Fable
Epic
Myth
Legend
I could live with that, too. Anybody else have a comment?
Quote:
Chimera or mirage aren't so much in the 'kinds of story' theme implied by the other ranks, but they sound like cool rank names to me.
Yeah, aren't they?

-- Bob
---------
Yeah, "Tall Tale" never really sat well with me either. I rather prefer the new version myself.
-Logan
-----------------
The only good Marvel is CAPTAIN MARVEL!
SHAZAM!!
-----------------
Okay, I've gone in and changed the names now. If anyone has complaints, let me know please.
Thanks!

-- Bob
---------
Since I can't log in to check, but am curious... to which ones?
*Likes Rev Dark's suggestion, FWIW*
-Morgan, wonders if Expressive Hill has actual lyrics..."This continuity is now a Princess of Darkness crossover."
"... They're all going to die, aren't they?"
"Yep. Popcorn?"

Mekadave

I've adjusted the Great Lakes Legendary's ranks to this as well:
Rumour
Fable
Epic
Myth
Legend
Global: @Jimmy Amp
"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will Rogers
For the sons and daughters of the Legendary (fledgling heroes) a less epic set of names exist - From bottom to top.
Who?
Guess Who?
Who knew?
Who you Looking at?
Dr Who?