Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: March Screenshots - Cyberman 8 new costume slot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, C8 made it to level 30 last night. And I went to go get his aura and cape missions done. It had completely slipped my mind until now to do his cape mission because I initially couldn't think of any costume variant that would use a cape.
But I figured I'd better go ahead and do the mission anyway. Glad I did! Came up with something pretty darn cool.
This outfit is both a bulkier, more armored look for him, and at the same time another homage to a slightly more recent vintage of hero. That of the sentai hero that came about in the 70s with Kamen Rider. I added a wrap and scarf to him, plus gave him "Lightning Eyes". The electricity effect point sources are hidden by the visor, but the electricity arcs themselves are visible, which makes for a cool effect. Even cooler is when I discovered that at superspeed, the electricity effect streams back from his head as far back as the tips of the scarf in the wind!
Here - see for yourself. ^_^
[Image: Cyberman-slot-4-lightningeffects-re.jpg]

These next two show him with one of the alternative prestige sprint powers turned on as well as superspeed. It's a really cool effect, but it's not practical to run all the time. Because the effect tends to stream back into the camera POV when running so far that I have to really pull the camera WAY back to see where I'm going! Plus it tends to play havoc with my framerate in high traffic areas.
[Image: Cyberman-slot-4-alt-sprint-1-resize.jpg]
[Image: Cyberman-slot-4-alt-sprint-2-resize.jpg]

Now does that just totally look like a scene out of Kamen Rider or what? ^_^
[Image: Cyberman-slot-4-pose-1-crop.jpg]

Wow!
[Image: Cyberman-slot-4-fastleap-halfsize.jpg]
-Logan
-----------------
The only good Marvel is CAPTAIN MARVEL!
SHAZAM!!
-----------------
Niiiiice. And I see you're using Prestige Sprint Quick, too -- that's my favorite of the four. I've got Mike the Wizard over on, um, Infinity, I think, using that -- and when you combine it with Super Speed, it's very impressive.

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.