Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Paragon Protectors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Where's a good place to find Protectors that Eva (L36) could handle?
Thanks.
-- Bob
---------
Visit beautiful Boston, proud successor to Seattle as
"City Most Scared Of Its Own Shadow
Brickstown. Go to the south side of the zone. South of the Zig, that is. You'll find some there. That's really the only really reliable area to hunt for your level. There are practically none in Founder's Falls for some reason.-Logan
-----------------
"Wake up! Time for SCIENCE!"
-Adam Savage
-----------------

Mekadave

There are lots of PPs in the eastern part of Eden, but I totally forget what level they are. Been awhile since I've paid attention, usually just blowing through there on my way to the Hive.
Global: @Jimmy Amp
"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will Rogers
So far I've only seen one Protector in Brickstown, and he kicked Eva's butt rather thoroughly.
-- Bob
---------

crimsonsun

Crey's folly (along the southern wall), Eden (near the Crey Complex), Founders Fall's (eastern half of the buildings)and Brickstown (along the south wall). There's also a story arc in either the 35-40 range or 40-45 that has TONS of PPs...
[Image: faveosig.jpg][Image: faveosig.jpg]
Wait for the PP story arc and farm it.--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
"Camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel. The stuff of legend! Right, Boo?"
What/who kicks off the arc?
-- Bob
---------
IIRC, the contact is Gordon Stacy. Story arc details here ...
-- Acyl
Hmmm. I don't think Eva's been pointed at him yet.
Thanks.
-- Bob
---------
As a scrapper, and therefore a strong solo character, you can probably do police band missions (and safeguards) in relatively short order... just to get the contact intros.
Band missions can usually be finished very fast. Even if you can't stealth to the end, as a scrapper... you can just probably go "TO HELL WITH IT" and run down corridors, ignoring everything, until you reach the boss. =)
-- Acyl
That's called Steamrolling. You just rush through/over anything that gets in your way.--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
"Camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel. The stuff of legend! Right, Boo?"
I did that arc with Eri. I'm not sure I remember there being that many PPs in it... at least, not to the degree that it'd be less work to farm them than to run around Brickstown hoping to find ones of a level I could fight...
I think those are the only boss level enemy I've run into so far that one on one gives Eri a run for her money. Freakshow tanks, I've fought three at once and won... Don't think I could do that with Paragon Protectors. o.O
-Morgan, how come *my* MoG isn't that cool?
I'm pretty sure he means the Arc that has two missions with nothing but Paragon Protectors in it. I must say, walking into that mission was the scariest thing I've ever seen.--
"There are crazed martial artists out there looking to improve their skills and find inner peace through exterior violence!"
--
If you become a monster to put down a monster you've still got a monster running around at the end of the day and have as such not really solved the whole monster problem at all. 
Well, I would have thought I'd remember a mission like that... o.O
-Morgan. ;"I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, or espers here, come sleep with me."
---From "The Ecchi of Haruhi Suzumiya"
-----(Not really)

Mekadave

Those are the missions with 7th Generation Paragon Protectors. Not just bosses, but minions and LTs, too. Thankfully they all count for the badge.
There's a portal mission that takes you to a world of 7th Gens, operating with a hive mind. Scaaaaarrrryyyyy.....[Image: eek.gif]

Global: @Jimmy Amp
"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will Rogers
Hm. I guess next time I'm on as Eva I'll have to look into some of these, as best I can. Thank you, everyone.
-- Bob
---------

Render

Quote:
That's called Steamrolling. You just rush through/over anything that gets in your way.
It has a name?
Badb does this when she isn't super-speeding into every spawn and beating them into a pitiful groaning pile, but I hadn't heard the tactic named before.
Well, I'd heard it called a Leeroy Jenkins, but to my mind, you can't call it that when it works.
I found if you run on the third most heroic difficulty level then the Paragon protectors missions will spawn more than enough in their storyline to get you the badge.
I recently did them with Lethal (BS-Regen scrapper) If you are careful they are not a problem. Just leave yourself some running room. Once they pop MOG it is time to get the hell out of dodge and do a quick tour of the facilities before returning and cleaving them in twain (two not Shania).
As to steamrollering. It depends on what you are playing. Most Scrappers can steamroll damn near anything. Blasters can as well but they have to rest the steamroller between sections, even after stamina.
Shayne
Hmmm. I must have thought that the seventh generation ones didn't count for the badge.
-Morgan found not infalliable; no one is surprised."I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, or espers here, come sleep with me."
---From "The Ecchi of Haruhi Suzumiya"
-----(Not really)