Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Interesting Note
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Mekadave

I'd heard that Mercedes Lackey was a CoX player some time ago. I was just reading the Pinnacle forums, and saw a new post by VickieVee (ML herself, I checked her profile). Good to know at least one celebrity is still with us. [Image: pimp.gif]
Global: @Jimmy Amp
"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will Rogers
I first started playing on Virtue because I heard that was the server she frequented most... guess she's moved over to Pinnacle, huh?
-- Bob
---------
Visit beautiful Boston, proud successor to Seattle as
"City Most Scared Of Its Own Shadow

Mekadave

Well, she could have been just checking out other forums. But I'm curious to find out. I couldn't find anything on her webpage about CoH, but only looked for a short time.
Edit: I just re-read the post, and she said that she and her husband were part of the Pinnacle RPCongress, so I guess she does play there as well. [Image: happy.gif]
"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will Rogers

His Lovely Wife

If you check out her website, she and a few other authors have started a podcast of super hero type stories. When you start reading the world description it sounds Very very familiar. In fact, I'm sure I've met some fothe characters.
It's up at the top in a tiny little banner for those that are itnerested. And of course, I'm blanking on the name.
-C-
Hmm. I'll have to check that out when I get home tonight.
-- Bob
---------
Interesting. Any cat-girls in the stories? (If so, I know the player... and so do some other folks here, or at least you'll recognize the name...)--
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Another semi-celebrity that plays is Cheyenne Wright, freelance artist and webcomic writer for "Arcane Times." (He also works with Phil Foglio and James Ernest.) He played "Doc Einstein" on Virtue, but I haven't seen the Doc in about nine months. Of course, according to Cheyenne's own website, he's been busy with work, so I don't know for certain if he's playing these days.Ebony the Black Dragon
Senior Editor, Living Room Games
http://www.lrgames.com
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
I'm downloading the first few installments as I type. I'll probably burn them to a CD and listen in the car.
The backstory has some elements that sound a lot like the IST World's WWII history, but I would say that's more a result of similar influences and story needs than any kind of infringement.
I have to admit I'm looking forward to listening to this.
-- Bob
---------

Mekadave

I'm looking forward to checking these out. The backstory they gave the Secret World looks pretty interesting.