Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Just when I decide to buy it...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...I discover that the goodies pack from the COH Collector's DVD Edition is no longer available. I don't care so much about the feelies, but damn! I wanted the in-game stuff!
I can still find the actual Collector's Edition over at Amazon, but I'm not going to spend $80 to get a badge, prestige power slide, and a couple other things...
-- Bob
---------
Visit beautiful Boston, proud successor to Seattle as
"City Most Scared Of Its Own Shadow
Yeah. The problem is...
If I understand correctly, unlike the GvE in-game items, the Collector's Edition item pack was an actual physical product. If you bought one, it'd be shipped to you. 'cause aside from the code to get your in-game stuff (like the power slide, special cape, badge), there were a few real-world things in the package. Like a special comic book, and so on. You wouldn't get the game disc and manual, but you'd get everything else. In a box.
So the reason there aren't any more is...well, they've no longer got stock. The only reason the Collector's Edition pack went back on sale in the NCsoft store was... I believe they found a warehouse room of the packs. They did warn that when those sold out, that'd be it. Apparently that's the case.
I wish they sold just the code, though, I really do. I miiiiiight consider paying for the powerslide...
(Have you seen someone stack the Prestige Power Slide with Super Speed? It looks awesome... =P)
-- Acyl
Quote:
If I understand correctly, unlike the GvE in-game items, the Collector's Edition item pack was an actual physical product.
Yes, I know -- that's what "feelies" means: the actual physical extras in the box.
Quote:
I wish they sold just the code, though, I really do.
Me, too. That's all I really wanted.
Quote:
Have you seen someone stack the Prestige Power Slide with Super Speed? It looks awesome... =P
I think might have seen it in action once. Only once, though.
-- Bob
---------
Doesn't one of the veteran rewards give you the various sprint alternatives?
-Morgan."I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, or espers here, come sleep with me."
---From "The Ecchi of Haruhi Suzumiya"
-----(Not really)
Yes, but it doesn't include powerslide, I don't think.--
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Render

The Veteran Reward gives you access to the Prestige Sprint powers. Every character who claims the reward gains four new powers. Functionally, they're all sprint, but they have different special effects. I've only used it on two characters where one of the glows complemented their costume and power auras.
The Prestige Sprints are not Powerslide, and the latter is not included in the GvE edition (the goodies from which I bought several months ago).
I happen to be particularly fond of the one that does streaks of white light (Quick, I think); I've used it on a number of characters. I haven't bothered retrofitting any of them on any of my pre-existing characters, though -- although come to think of it, Quick's streaks of light would be just the thing to make Evangelia even less visible through the haze of her powers, now, wouldn't it?
-- Bob
---------