Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: The True Story of Leeroy Jenkins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well this was an interesting find -
Admittedly this is a story about WoW and not CoH, but given the penetration that the "Leeeeeeroy!" meme has achieved in the MMO world I think it's an appropriate link. Whether you want to read a big, six-page article about the Leeroy Jenkins phenomenon and the very normal dude behind the "legend," I suppose that's another question entirely . . .
The reporter actually went into the game to interview "Leeroy" himself. As well as, apparently, conducting a follow-up interview him at his home IRL later.
The money quote?
"Santa brings presents and happiness, while I bring death and mild irritation."
-Logan
-----------------
"Wake up! Time for SCIENCE!"
-Adam Savage
-----------------
That is...actually very, very interesting.
The content's pretty thought-provoking. Deals with the whole issue of online celebrity in a particularly insightful way. And the article's very well written. Extremely well framed.
Aannnnd, well, granted it may simply be the reporter's artifice, but the player behind Leeroy seems to be a pretty cool guy.
-- Acyl
And isn't it about time an online celebrity came across as a nice guy as opposed to a poorly-socialized borderline-psycho stuck in a dark basement somewhere?
-- Bob
---------
Visit beautiful Boston, proud successor to Seattle as
"City Most Scared Of Its Own Shadow