Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: The Journal of Amanda Winter (2-27-07)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This place is a dump.
No, not my apartment. It's not much, but I do keep it clean.
No, it's the *rest* of Mercy Island.
Still, I can see cause for optimism in Arachnos' operations here. It'll take time, but independent operators like myself are gradually getting the snakes and the gangs cleared out, and once that's done the reconstruction can begin. (They'll probably have enough rubble to build another island too...)
We'd all better keep on our toes though, because it looks like those scumbags at Longbow are trying to sink their claws in here too. They operate as openly here as in Paragon City! I hate leaving them alone, but Longbow is like a hydra - kill one head and another springs up to replace it. And these guys, more like eyelashes and toenails. It wouldn't accomplish anything worthwhile right now.
Of course, some of my supposed comrades are just as much trouble. They seem to have gotten this idea that because they're opposed to the so-called "heroes" of Paragon, that means they are obligated to be villains. At least there's not much harm they can do in this part of the island, but I hope they wise up before they get enough of a reputation to move on. Port Oakes doesn't need any of this stupidity.
My own projects are going well. I don't have enough space to set up a lab here, but I've already started making contact with suppliers for the equipment I'll need. As for something to analyze... Well, given Longbow's dedication to PR, it shouldn't be difficult to get them to send some of their pawns after me. I have to be careful though... It's fine to pretend you're trying to rob a bank, but I don't want to damage anything that'd be difficult to replace. There's a lot of innocent people who have money on those banks. They suffer enough because of Longbow, they don't need me making things worse. It's not a problem after I get the blood sample, because then I can just run away, but before then I have to be an obvious threat without actually doing much damage. It'll take more control than I'm used to needing here, but I'll have time to practice.
It sounds simple when I say it like this, but really I've got a long ways to go to accomplish anything. Still, I knew it would be difficult when I took up the mission. And for now at least, things are going well.
~Amanda