Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: 2/1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm going to try to play tonight at 9 Eastern as per my pre-holiday schedule; if there're any 50s online, expect me to ask to SK.
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
*grin*
Now I'm tempted to consider who I should go as tonight.
Misao has a bank-heist mission at level 8... and a couple of her teammates decided to show up. Which I deeply appreciate. [Image: smile.gif] --
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Woo! Say when. ^_^
Ja, -n

===============================================
"I'm terribly sorry, but I have to kill you quite horribly now."
Probably about 8 o'clock Eastern Time.
Any other kunoichi out there want in? [Image: smile.gif] --
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Mmmmmaybe [Image: wink.gif]
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Ouch. I have family visiting at seven - figure a couple of hours for dinner and conversation...
Well, I'll be there as soon as I can.
Ja, -n

===============================================
"I'm terribly sorry, but I have to kill you quite horribly now."
Well, I have until midnight, as usual, so we'll see.
Or we could postpone til tomorrow.--
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Ok, I have to say, that was painful. I am very glad others had fun, but I am finding that a Stalker does not work well in a large party environment. Possibly because I simply can't get to the targets fast enough before someone else, even another close-combat build, has cut them down... I'm not sure.
Part of it is the lengthy zone times I get stuck with; by the time I'm through it the party's already finished the first fight. Still... even after that, I feel like I wasn't holding up my end of things.
And since we did get the cash from one bank run, Sachie and Inari, feel free to credit yourselves a single B-rank mission.--
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
I was on earlier with you guys. I was Panzer XII and while the sewer mission with against the Council was very fun. The mayhem missions were quite frustrating. On the first one, several of us were just TOO low level to do much against what we were up against. On the second attempt, it went a little better, and we got the money, but the blasted Hero never showed up and that borked the mission. I HATE when you do everything RIGHT and get wasted by a glitch in the Matrix. Sorry I couldn't stay after that. I hope things went a little better from that point. -Logan
-----------------
"Wake up! Time for SCIENCE!"
-Adam Savage
-----------------
Oh - and as for the Stalkers - they're honestly not as good in PVE as Scrappers. But once you have assassin stike, you have a role in a team as the guy who goes in and softens up or even outright kills the lieutenants or bosses in groups.
But yes, oftentimes if everyone sees the boss and trains everything on him, then you're a little superfluous. One thing I've done is guarded the backs of the squishies. Some random mob breaks free of an entangle and threatens the Dominators or Corrupters in the back row, you intercept and take him down.
-Logan
-----------------
"Wake up! Time for SCIENCE!"
-Adam Savage
-----------------
Yeah. Honestly, a Stalker isn't a frontline combatant, she's an assassain. And should be used as such.
So, I'd like to propose that, next time we take one of these group missions, we adopt a strategy and stick to it.
And that includes
a) Allowing the stalker to act as a scout - stay ahead of the group, out of aggro range of them, and report back on what she finds
b) Use the stalker as an assassain - she initiates the attack by eliminating the lieutenant/boss, then the rest of the group moves into aggro range and attacks. I've successfully used this with a Blaster with Sniper attacks before, it works rather well. Especially if you need to pull one group of enemies away from another, the Stalker can gank one and lead them back into the rest of the party.
c) Once the fight has started, the stalker acts as a roving scalpel, picking people off of the low-HP ranged fighters. Tie a macro to an appropriate team-speak and be prepared to use it to call for help.--
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Hm, well, tonight went a BIT better... smaller team, for one thing. [Image: smile.gif]
Oh, and Fox... the book-retrieval is an incompleted B-ranker. Bone mission is a C-rank.--
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.