Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Mace's Cape Story
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

His Lovely Wife

So, Mace Mac Hine made it to 20. Cape time! For those of you who haven't gone through the COV cape mission, you have to steal one from a hero. In missions, I wondered gee, it would be nice if you got to pick the hero you were stealing the cape from, Foxboy suggested that I could write it up int he forum. So! Here you go!. Mace's cape story. The ending will be added once I get Rev's reaction to Bella's part in the story. -Cindy
Mace walked into the almost deserted Infamous base. Lady Nogitsune was waiting to give him a piece of information. Seems Wide Receivers sister had recently made it out of Quarantine, somehow Nogi-chan had secured her personal com number. Mace wanted it. It would cost him, but it was something he was willing to pay.
Hey Nogi-chan. He went to grab her by the waist to bring her close for a kiss but she slipped away playfully. Without another word she handed him the slip of paper with Minerva Heismans com number on it. Thank you Lady. He bowed to her, a small smirk crossing his face. He had plans for this number. Warning Jackie Frost about the Council plan against Morgan and Bella had turned out well. But he wanted a back up, just in case.
Konnichi wa, Meisu-kun. It is understood that you will owe this one a..favour.
Of course Lady. Boy was he glad he was wearing sun glasses. Hed been told once that his eyes spoke volumes. Here in the Rogue Islands, hed had to wear them to keep his thoughts to himself. Frankly, the less Nogi could read what he was thinking the better off hed be. Do you require payment now? Nogis idea of payment could be anything. He wanted to get this done sooner rather then later, but he could be patient when he wanted to be.
She handed him another slip of paper. He was betting this one had a location for one of her famous assignations. Sayonara Meisu-kun. This one has some .things.. to accomplish. Later it was then. That suited his schedule just fine. And hed been dismissed.
Later toots. He turned his back on her and walked away, so he did not see the glare she gave him. Or the order she gave Kareshi, one of her kunoichi
He dialled Minerva Heismans com number and waited. So, they finally let you out did they?
How did you get this number? She sounded a bit like Wide Receiver. He wondered if his sisters sounded like him for a brief moment.
Sources. He smirked.
Great. Paragons communication is compromised. What has our security been up to since the war?
You probably dont want me to answer that.
No, probably not. She sighed. What do you want?
Pass a message to Morgan for me.
What do you think I am? A message centre?
Just tell him to meet me in Steel Canyon. Mace disconnected the call. It hadnt been long enough for standard tracers to trace, considering the scramblers hed used. But he wouldnt be calling her often enough for it to matter.
As he was walking along the main drag in Cap au Diable, he stopped for a moment as a semi familiar shape appeared in the corner of his eye. A puff of smoke blinded him and he felt himself being tossed around. When the smoke cleared he was standing in an elegant ball gown. Complete with panniers and pompadour wig. He turned his head slightly. A pair of glowing eyes and a feral smile glared back at him.
He ripped the wig off and threw it in the direction of the eyes. He missed, he knew he would. Nogitsune would tease him mercilessly about this incident that shed instigated. With a gesture of his hands he burned the dress off his body. He had other places to be. He didnt even think out loud that she might have overheard his conversation with Minerva. She probably had. He had to find a way to make sure that information was never made public.
Who is Mace? Minerva sat quietly in the restaurant next to her brother and his wife, Minuet, and one of Minuets brothers, Morgan.
Our brother. Minuet and Morgan answered in unison.
Out of the blue I get a message from him to pass something on to Morgan. Morgan sat up straight and attentive.
What did he say?
Hed meet you in Steel Canyon.
The two Mac Hines exchanged a look between them. You have to go Morgan.
I know.
Do you need backup? They still had not broken each others gaze. It was like an honesty spell between them Minerva noticed.
Morgan hesitated. Call Bella and let her know for me. She nodded and gave him a hug. Excuse me Wide, Minerva. Morgan raced out of the cafe.
Morgan waited at the Green Line Station in Steel Canyon. Hed been here an hour already but his martial arts training had taught him patience. He could wait all day if he had to. He knew he wouldnt have to though. The first statue blew up and he called in the coordinates for a containment field. He raced in before the field went up. Mace was here, now he just had to find him.
Longbow went down fairly easily Mace noticed. It appeared they didnt like to be set on fire. What a shame that he enjoyed doing just that. The first statue had blown up quite nicely, hed been impressed. Youd think they would make statues that couldnt be blown up. He moved up to the second and sent out flares and fireballs. It blew up splendidly.
MACE! Ah, good, Morgan had arrived. He turned to his brother. He looked so. Wholesome. With a flick of his hand Mace stopped his brother in a fire cage.
Morgan, fancy meeting you here. He approached his brother slowly, but his eyes were darting back and forth. Hows Bella? Still hotter then sin?
Morgan stood there calmly, his arms crossed, not flinching at the fire surrounding him. Hmm, Morgan used to be sensitive to fire. Guess Bella had cured him of that. Mace briefly pondered how exciting their bedroom behaviour must be, then pushed that out of his mind. He had other things to think about.
Ill thank you not to speak about Bella that way. Yeah, way too wholesome. What do you need?
Bella Fuego and Minuet Mac Hine stood outside the containment field and watched Morgan and Mace first talking, then arguing, then fighting. He should not have gone without backup. That is irresponsible. Minuet put a calming hand on Bella, or tried to anyway, Bella suddenly seemed to flare into a living torch. Minuet turned to see Morgan stumble. Mace moved in for the kill. Minuet screamed.
Sound it appeared, was not stopped by containment fields. Mace turned at his sisters scream and swore. She wasnt supposed to be here Morgan!
Morgan turned quickly to see both Minuet and Bella standing just out of reach. He turned to his brother and something passed between them. Mace only nodded, turned and ran. Morgan flicked a switch on his belt that slowly lowered the containment field, Minuet teleported him to her side. Bella was going after Mace.
Get her back here Min. Minuet hesitated. Morgan pleaded only a second before Bella was teleported back to Mins side.
Argh! I had him! Minuet! Bella made to fly off but Morgan actually grabbed her arm and held her back. She turned to look at him. He was hiding something from her. Morgan never hid anything from her. She replayed what she had witnessed. What did he want?
Nothing I wouldnt freely give. He looked down at Minuet and both shared a similar look of pain that their eldest brother had turned to a life of crime that they could do nothing to stop. If youll excuse me, I have to. He waved off to his left towards the west side of Steel Canyon. Go somewhere.
Bella still stood there waiting for an answer. That was when she noticed what was wrong. Morgan was in his Legendary uniform. Hed lost his cape. Morgan. He stopped and bowed his head, turning it slightly to acknowledge her. Eva will have to be notified.
Very nice! ^_^
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Interesting, but you realize Morgan is going to have to fill out that paperwork, in triplicate, to appease the beuracracy.When engaging, nothing beats a full frontal.
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]

His Lovely Wife

Pictures!
Linky 1
Linky 2
And I just realized that Mace looks a lot like my brother. In fact, I have a picture of my brother with long hair and that type of sunglasses on. Hmmm. Lets' not analyze my subconscious villain creating abilities too closely please.
-Cindy

The Hunterminator

Mmm... this is my first time seeing Mace, I like his look.