Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Once more unto the mech, dear friends
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
"We could have used you Bella." Eva sipped at her iced tea and tried to ignore the slight odor of charred everything that still permeated her costume. "Still, it went well, except for the last part."
"The last part?" Bella sipped her coffee, making a slight moue of distaste when she realized that it had cooled off. She frowned at it and the beverage began steaming appropriately.
"Where I missed the ledge, plunged down the shaft and was promptly sent to the hospital with third degree burns." Eva glanced to the empty chair beside her. "I was careful."
"Ah." Bella smiled warmly. "You mean the part where you were caught in the explosion, as you were ensuring that all of your teammates got out safely."
"Bella." Eva's eyes narrowed. "That's not quite right."
"You made sure everyone was out before you left?" Bella asked calmly, continuing as Eva nodded. "And you were caught in the explosion. Ergo is it correct, and will certainly sound more flattering when it is reviewed by certain prominent heroes at city hall."
"Wait a second." Eva considered. "Do you always write your after action reports that way?"
"Of course." Bella smiled widely and then offered a wink. "And before you blush too brightly, I stand by my story that Morgan and I were using our costumes as decoys to lure those Freaks into a strategically optimal location to arrest them."

Sorry I couldn't make it last night, but Cindy and I had to be up far too early to allow for a midnight task force.
Okay, that's now my story and I'm sticking to it.

-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
Pages: 1 2