Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Once more unto the mech, dear friends
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, I had Evangelia wandering around Striga trying to get rid of some old backlogged missions that are really for L27-29 toons. I'm figuring, hey, she's L33, she finishes the one that's outstanding, and the contact will go, "duuude, you're like way too high for my stuff. Go talk to $RANDOM_NEW_CONTACT in $RANDOM_ZONE."
No such luck.
Next thing I know, Eva's been charged to take down Burkholter and his Erector set.
So, anyone want to go whack an Archvillain and his toy robot?
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...

Electroeagle

Sure ElectroEagle will be happy to help.

MechaDeuce

Hi Bob!
Oh wow, I'd love to help out with that one! Can you run it during the evening this week? Or Friday night maybe? [Image: smile.gif]
Regards,
Bert V.V.
aka SkyKnight/MechaDeuce
"Giant robots? I am *SO* there..."
My best night for this kind of thing is usually Thursday, and the usual start time is 9 PM. If folks want to get together for this mission this week, I'd be glad to take it on then.
Remembering what I do of the last time I was on a team up against Burkholter, we're going to need a rad/rad type. Or some other set of powers that can shut down an AV's regen. Consider this a call for help to anyone who has such a char on Virtue at the right level (late 20s).
ETA: Oh, and a teleporter for that last minute escape after we kill the load-bearing boss...
-- Bob
---------

The Hunterminator

Is there room for Yukiyo's lvl 25-ness or does that mission have a minimum level?
Oh and, if that's a load-bearing boss, would anyone mind if I make a macro for Yukiyo to say, "Oh, what does this button do? *Pushes*" as the boss dies?

MechaDeuce

Hi Bob!
Thursday is good for me! I'll see you then. [Image: smile.gif]
Regards,
Bert V.V.
(SkyKnight/MechaDeuce/Northwarden/Flaymecat...)
Quote:
Is there room for Yukiyo's lvl 25-ness or does that mission have a minimum level?
I don't think there's a minimum, so I'm sure we can fit Yukiyo in. If necessary, she can get SK'ed, but she's probably close to the target level of the mish already.
-- Bob
---------
Oh, and for those who aren't already used to my scheduling, that's 9 PM Eastern time, Thursday night.
And while I'm thinking about it, we had a Shivan handy when I played through this mish last; it might not be a bad idea to collect a couple before then... I'd go do it myself, but superjumping in Bloody Bay is just another word for "shoot me", as I've discovered way too many times.
-- Bob
---------
Quote:
Thursday is good for me! I'll see you then.
Great, Bert! Good to have you on board!
-- Bob
---------

Render

I will see if I can get online for this, though I'll have to leave work a bit early. Badb has the same TF unlocked, so we could see if the mission-completion thing works as promised in CoH now.
On a side note, if anyone missed the Cavern of Transcendence TF, I've got that one on hold, too.
--Render (Badb)
Quote:
so we could see if the mission-completion thing works as promised in CoH now.
It does. I ran into it a couple nights ago in the Hollows with one of my non-Virtue characters.
Quote:
On a side note, if anyone missed the Cavern of Transcendence TF, I've got that one on hold, too.
I'm pretty sure Sailor Null is still able to go into that one as well, but if not, I'd be happy to bring her in, with suitable funstuff from the base fabricators to help.
-- Bob
---------
Quote:
I don't think there's a minimum, so I'm sure we can fit Yukiyo in. If necessary, she can get SK'ed, but she's probably close to the target level of the mish already.
It's a task force. So it does indeed have a minimum level. The Ernesto Hess/Burkholder's Bane TF is 25 to 30, though. Thus, Yukiyo wouldn't have problems.
I'll probably be able to make it, though I can't say for certain. If I'm able, it'll be as Syndesis or Space Mage. Space'd probably be more useful. Debuffs and all that.
-- Acyl
Lets see...
I can more than likely get you a Fire/Fire tanker, and Shizuru again, if you need her, none of my other characters are even close to that level range.
on that Cavern of Transcendance... just find a time and we'll chat, i need it on Shizuru.When engaging, nothing beats a full frontal.
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
Quote:
The Ernesto Hess/Burkholder's Bane TF is 25 to 30, though.
If that's the case, how the hell did Evangelia (L33, as I've said) get it?
-- Bob
---------
I believe you can start it...so long as you've completed the Striga arcs (or at least, just the last contact). That's the crucial determining factor, methinks.
-- Acyl
(Random side comment mode engaged!)
Quote:
I'd go do it myself, but superjumping in Bloody Bay is just another word for "shoot me", as I've discovered way too many times.

It is?
I've never run into anyone who could keep up with me once I started SJing. Usually when I die it's either due to lag or a stalker finding me while I'm fighting a boss. (Well, okay, or playing tag with a hundred arachnos, but that's *fun*. '.' )
I'd think fly would be the "you're screwed" travel power in pvp, since you travel in fairly predictable paths. Though super speed would probably be worse.
(Taking down the defenses on a firebase might be tricky for some ATs solo though. Those things seem to have weird repop times. >.> )
-Morgan."I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, or espers here, come sleep with me."
---From "The Ecchi of Haruhi Suzumiya"
-----(Not really)

MechaDeuce

HI folks! [Image: smile.gif]
Bob, if you've progressed far enough in the story arc with the contact, you can still unlock the Striga TF contact (Hess) up to level 30. (If you hit 31, usually that's when the level 25-30 contacts stop talking to you)
Once you have Hess as a contact though, you can go back to him at any time. You just get auto-exemped back to 30 when the Taskforce starts.
Oh, and Mecha has Hess as a contact too, just in case. [Image: smile.gif]
Later!
Bert V.V.
(aka SkyKnight/MechaDeuce)
Quote:
I've never run into anyone who could keep up with me once I started SJing.
It's okay for getting to door missions, but every time I try going to those damned meteorites, I get nailed by some bozo while trying to judge my landing. I've given up on doing that one.
-- Bob
---------
Quote:
Once you have Hess as a contact though, you can go back to him at any time.
that's it, then. I ignored him for a very long time, then went back to try to clear him out of my queue, and instead handing me off to the next contact in the line he kept dealing with me.

Meanwhile, as I write this, Peggy is working late again. I really, really hope this doesn't delay my start-of-game, but if I'm not there on the dot at nine, please be patient.
-- Bob
---------

Render

I have a sudden case of RL, so Badb is unlikely to be able to make it tonight unless we started very late. Darn my west coast schedule.
Well, we did it, although Eva didn't get out before the self-destruct went off. (Sometimes Superjump is very very cool and useful, and sometimes you just want to scream when you use it.)
Thanks for the help, everyone!
-- Bob
---------

The Hunterminator

Quote:
Well, we did it, although Eva didn't get out before the self-destruct went off. (Sometimes Superjump is very very cool and useful, and sometimes you just want to scream when you use it.)
Thanks for the help, everyone!
Dang, no one had teleport friend?
Oh and, sorry I couldn't be there until the end.

Electroeagle

Sorry that EE didn't make it but RL had ahold of me...
Next SG outing for sure!
Doug
Quote:
Dang, no one had teleport friend?
Nope. Eva effectively got stuck in a hole when trying to head for the door and then she faw down and go boom.
Quote:
Oh and, sorry I couldn't be there until the end.
Once again, not a problem. I was tempted to stop once we got well past midnight, myself... but then we had some significant momentum and just blew through the base proper. Burkholder went down ''so'' much faster this time than the last -- which was right after the designers upped the power of the AVs. That time around the SOB just would not die. This time he was very obliging.
-- Bob
---------
I'm just sorry I couldn't make it. that would have cured the no Recall Friend problem. Oh well, work does have that nice way of calling you at 7pm to make you come in.When engaging, nothing beats a full frontal.
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
Pages: 1 2