Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Winter Event Now Live.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I just did it once, and I want to get this straight:
I have to do it *four* times on each character to get all the stuff?
GAH.--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
"Camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel. The stuff of legend! Right, Boo?"
Every year thousands of people suffer from Altitis. However, for just dollars a day, you can help these poor fools get the help they need to just have one or two mains. Please, give generously so that we can help people with this entirely preventable disease.--
Comb your hair, damn anime hippies.
--
If you become a monster to put down a monster you've still got a monster running around at the end of the day and have as such not really solved the whole monster problem at all. 

The Hunterminator

The doctor tells me I'll never be able to get a character to level 50 before the end of 2007. Please, donate generously.
I have a main... but he's a World of Warcraft character... @.@;
--Sam
"This is graveness."

Render

Speaking of alt-itis... could One Who Knows list the other Legendary-affiliated groups and which servers they are on? (And any themes or restrictions they have?)
Little Legendary on Justice (the Sons/daughters/apprentices, etc.) of the Legendary Crew.
Legendary (Infinity - run-off Legendary group, affiliated with IST Paragon)
There is also a little Infamous on Justice (I still prefer Infa-minnies)
Shayne
Meh. I have too many characters. I'm only going to do complete runs of the winter event for characters who actually need the badges or costume pieces. Meaning Syndesis (whom I collect stuff on) and Nia (who needs the boots and gloves).
Anyway.
"One Who Knows"...that's a Guardians of the Galaxy reference, isn't it? Or am I wrong?
Virtue
The Legendary - The original heroside SG.
The Infamous - Ditto, for the villains.
Evil Midnight Lurker has a theme villain group based around the Mirror Universe storyline started by Chibi Konatsu...ie, the enemies of Chibi's character, Mirrorguardian Naoko (and her 'brother', MirrorKnight Hiroshi, played by Foxboy). Magical girls and such.
Infinity
East Coast Legendary - The first heroside branch group. Less active, but still gets some airtime.
East Coast Infamous - Villainside of the above. Frankly, a little dead.
There's also IST Paragon, which isn't technically part of the "network", but it's run by Rev Dark, His Lovely Wife, and some of their friends. Other IST members have Legendary characters as well.
Freedom
Great Lakes Legendary and Great Lakes Infamous - Started by Jpub and Mekadave (Paradoxe and Jimmy Amp in game). Again, not as active.
Justice
Little Legends - His Lovely Wife's idea. Earth-1 and Earth-2. Meaning...in the Justice universe, the original Legendary and Infamous, our own toons, were active in the 1980s. So by now, they have kids, right? Right.
Eencie Infamous - The villainous scions. I'm not actually sure that's the right name. Correct me if I'm wrong, and I'll fix it. I don't have a toon in the VG yet, so I can't check.
Triumph
The Facets of Yrmaw - "Ye random magical alternate world". A magical girl theme group, started by Valles. This one has naming, costume, and concept restrictions, as should be obvious. A bunch of girls unwilling drafted by technomagical jewels that glomped them, and the guys roped in for the ride.
Some of their opponents exist villainside, but no group has been formed yet, which tells you how often we level those guys.
-- Acyl
(have I forgotten anyone?)
-- Acyl

Render

Quote:
"One Who Knows"...that's a Guardians of the Galaxy reference, isn't it? Or am I wrong?
You are correct!
Thanks for the info, too.

Mekadave

Quote:
So, I just did it once, and I want to get this straight:
I have to do it *four* times on each character to get all the stuff?

Yup, and if you do it a fifth time, you get the Toothbreaker badge (originally from the Valentine Event) for beating Snaptooth five times. Father Time will keep feeding you the mission.
The Tuatha inside the mission count for Villains to get the Bane of Daanan badge (the counter with question marks at the bottom of the list is for them). Even though the evil gnomes are RedCaps instead of Red Caps, they still count for the Red Cap gladiator badge (ETA: my bad. The Red Cap Gladiator comes along with Toothbreaker. Somehow Toothbreaker didn't show up in my combat log, but Red Cap Glad did. Strange). The Winter critters also count for Cold Warrior.
Don't forget the Trucker exploration badge on the floating truck between the Chalet area and main Pocket D.
Is it just me or does Baby New Year need a stogie? And seeing him slide across the ice is fragging HI-larious.
Global: @Jimmy Amp
"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will Rogers
Nyaarrrgh.
Anyone have pictures of the costume pieces? Want to know if it's worth my time to do this on anyone but Eri. (My designated badge collector.)
And of course if I come up with a character idea who these pieces would be perfect for after the event is over, too damn bad. >< I wish they'd make it account-based like someone on the forums suggested...
-Morgan."I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, or espers here, come sleep with me."
---From "The Ecchi of Haruhi Suzumiya"
-----(Not really)
Now I have to face the ravening hordes in order to get Badges! As Shizuru is my lovely Badge-Whore. mmmm, badges and xp from them. 39 in sight..... *drool*
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
Badge Bitch Bella Fuego scored the Snaptooth mission badges last night, and will finish off melting down the Winter spirits once presents go live on the 18th.
Jackie Frost went in for the furry boots, but did not find them to her liking. However Serge was good enough to put the bunny back in Ski-Bunny.
All Thibor wants for Christmas is his two front teeth (well he pulled them out of his knuckles, so they may not have been his to begin with, but they are his now.)
I hope I get a chance to run someone in the holiday stuff, but the way things are going I won't count on it. Argh.
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...

The Hunterminator

Is there anything to be gained from hunting down gifts? Besides temporary buffs and enough enemies for whatever badge the frosties give I mean.
Random fun? RP?--
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
there's also a badge for getting X "nice" responses.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
After grinding the southern coast of Peregrine Isle, Bella now has the Toy Collector badge.
She plans on spending the rest of the holidays grinding against Morgan.
h.h;;;
As someone who works retail, I am very happy that this event runs until January 2nd... Because I sure won't have time to do it before christmas.
-Morgan."I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, or espers here, come sleep with me."
---From "The Ecchi of Haruhi Suzumiya"
-----(Not really)
I was hoping to play last night. No dice. Argh. I'm never going to see this event at this rate.
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...