Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: From the Log of Prina'Surt'Valtir, aka Scorch Lass (ficlet)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Chibi Konatsu

Agent's Log.
Date: 514th Turning Period of the 48th Cycle, 4th day of the 18th Week.
Local Date: 94th Turning Period of the 37th Cycle, 1st day of the 7th Week (estimate).
In what was a malfunction of an otherwise routine matter transit, I seem to have been hurtled back in time to an unknown location. I am attempting to make use of the (crude) local information sources to piece together where and when this is.
My father once told me that I would regret not allocating more educational bandwidth to astronomy. I wonder how he'd respond to knowing my current predicament? He might laugh. That would be like him.
In the meantime, I am putting my talents to work alongside a local, seemingly unofficial source of law enforcement. It seems that there is an unspoken barrier between Baseline and Enhanced legal activity. Perhaps a deliberate source of bureaucratic redundancy? I should ask. I should be asking about more things, I think. For starters, where I'm going to put this log so that it can be found later. I don't trust the local computer networks: just interfacing it with my tooth computer seemed to overwhelm their system. And infuriated the librarian, although I did apologize in the traditional manner.
(Personal note: based on observation, the species do not conform to a Type 7 etiquette system. Continue to categorize. Discover more about physiology, activity cycle, diet and presence/absence of pl'krt.)
I will continue this log where possible.
Prina'Surt'Valtir.
I was going to comment on this, but...forgot, what with everything else going on.
So cool. Well written.
More than that...I think it's a brilliant idea. She comes off as weird and goofy alien heroine, complete with silly name. But she's really a highly rational individual, proceeding from a perfectly logical basis...it's not, you know, her fault that nobody gets it.
It's a great way to carry comedy. =)
-- Acyl
Agreed, right down to forgetting to comment earlier. I hope you see fit to continue!
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...

Chibi Konatsu

From here on in, I was going to try to tie in further posts on this subject with actual events in game.
And thanks for the evaluation, by the way: part of my idea for her is that she just has /no/ context for anything that's going on around her. We'll see how well I can carry that.