Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Mekadave

Someone on the forums found this on Test server in Pocket D:
Big Pic
Winter event, here we come! [Image: tongue.gif]
Global: @Jimmy Amp
"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will Rogers

Mekadave

Winter Event Info
"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will Rogers

His Lovely Wife

So, if Heroes and Villains can team up for the Ski Chalet thing, what would be the 'Dream Team'?
Just curious :-)
-Cindy
It's sort of off topic, but I was looking at one of the discussion threads and noticed this...
Quote:
You are... uh... makin' predictions and... uh... in my base spending my presteeg!
Does that "in my (location) (verbing) my (noun)" come from somewhere or something? First time I saw it was in that comic by Mads with "You're in my mountains killing my dudes", time passed... and then suddenly I'm seeing lines of that form all over the place.
-Morgan.
"Also, Santa is a time lord with a sleigh-shaped TARDIS. This explains everything."
-Me"I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, or espers here, come sleep with me."
---From "The Ecchi of Haruhi Suzumiya"
-----(Not really)
I believe it's from online games such as Quake. The original formation is "im in ur base killin ur guyz" or some such.
--Sam
"Bad is good baby! Down with government!"
If "Becky"/ Mother Meyai were higher level.... oh the fun of interaction with Min while Supes and Jen try to keep them from killing each other... [Image: wink.gif]
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Sidekicking. Lackeying. Exemplaring. C'mon, man. If you really want, we can assemble a team.
I'm assuming that heroes can't SK/LK the villains, and vice-versa, but with some juggling, I'm sure we could make a team happen.
If not, there's still arguments around the ski lodge.
Or under regular circumstances, Pocket D.
-- Acyl

Electroeagle

Will this event be only on test server? I hope not... But still, it's really nice and I'll join the fun for sure! [Image: roll.gif]

His Lovely Wife

So Christmas Event dream teams.
It was bantered around this morning of this possibility:
Lady Nogitsune, Minuet, Bella and Syndesis.
Other option
Mother Meyai, Minuet, Jen Etroica and (I think it was..) Superball. -Which would have interesting rp value for sure.
Other suggestions?
-Cindy

The Hunterminator

*whispers to Sam*
The devellopers put stuff in the test server in preparation for putting it into the regular servers, that's why it's the TEST server.
[Image: LoraLai_ski_tree_01.jpg]
[Image: LoraLai_ski_tree_02.jpg]
[Image: LoraLai_ski_tree_03.jpg]
[Image: LoraLai_ski_tree_04.jpg]

I think that I shall never ski
Again against so stout a tree
A tree whose rugged bark is pressed
In bas-relief against my chest
A tree that with bacchantic air
wears ski-poles in its tangles hair
Yes I've learned me lesson, fools like me
Should never try to shave a tree.-Logan
-----------------
"This kind of thing tends invariably to devolve into the kind of "No, Nakajima, THIS is true power!!" argument that only really works if you're yelling it from the cockpit of a giant robot . . ."
-----------------
"Go that way. Very fast. If something gets in your way, turn."
(from Better Off Dead)
--Sam
"That cow's tasted human blood!"
Ah, so that's why the map for Pocket D is suddenly much bigger and including stuff outside the club...
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...

Mekadave

It's a whole lot of fun! There's a Shadow Shard geyser at the bottom of the slope to send you back up to the top quickly. The chalet in there looks really smooth as well. The art department's really outdone themselves. I'm looking forward to smacking around Snaptooth again.
How do you get outside?
-- Bob
---------

Mekadave

There's a new door in the villain side of Pocket D, upstairs. The easiest way to find it is to follow the new contact that appears when the event starts (or you log in to Test), Father Time. He's inside the door, so just going to him will take you there.
Awww... Nobody going to respond to the tree smack screenshot sequence and bit of doggerel there? That took a fair amount of work, you understand... Lots of skiing around smashing into trees to get just the right shot.
Okay, maybe not work as such. Tongue-Logan
-----------------
"This kind of thing tends invariably to devolve into the kind of "No, Nakajima, THIS is true power!!" argument that only really works if you're yelling it from the cockpit of a giant robot . . ."
-----------------

-- Bob
---------

Mekadave

*queues theme to Wide World of Sports*
"and the agony of defeat...."

Very nice! *golfclap* [Image: tongue.gif]