Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Issue 8 is out.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That is all.--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
"Camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel. The stuff of legend! Right, Boo?"

The Hunterminator

*Dances*

Mekadave

Yeah... the boards have been teasing me with it all morning.
If I had vacation days, I'd have used one today and stayed home.
Global: @Jimmy Amp
"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will Rogers
Yee-ha. Just launched the updater and I'm letting it run while I finish going through the forums.
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
And, since I had the Veteran rewards that were base items, I've now added those to the base. Take a peek around, you'll see them. Particularly in the Club area and the Hallway just outside.-Logan
-----------------
"This kind of thing tends invariably to devolve into the kind of "No, Nakajima, THIS is true power!!" argument that only really works if you're yelling it from the cockpit of a giant robot . . ."
-----------------
Took me a while to figure out that I actually had to go into the badges and activate the stuff, but Luna Toons over on Justice eventually got her Sands of Mu, free costume changes and prestige sprints...
-- Bob
---------
The Kheldian Peacebringer Ta'Mar is now much more scary. Sure, in her White Dwarf form she can stand up to boss mobs and win; yes, in her Nova form she has exceptional ranged abilities.
But now, in her somewhat weaker human form, she can, with tremendous concentration, unleash a flurry of attacks upon her enemies!
(Sands of Mu For The Win. WAAAAY better than the Undead Slaying Axe.)Brazil has decided you're cute.Brazil has decided you're cute.
I try to balance the Axe/Sands choice against what I'm having trouble with.
Like on VLSI, he took the Axe, because he has massive trouble with Undead.
--
I'm trying to decide whether to even bother with either for Evangelia -- she's already got almost an entire tray of attacks as it is, and the time it takes to switch to and from the sword makes a noticeable delay. Having yet another attack that invokes that delay, especially for melee, seems like an invite for extra hits by the enemy.
-- Bob
---------
I'd still claim one of the powers. Probably Sands of Mu, but that's up to you.
Why?
Well, even if you don't use it in normal gameplay, it doesn't mean you'll never use it.
Like, you know...when you exemplar down and lose access to your higher-level attacks.
Take Nia, for instance. She's my Claws scrapper. She's level 18, and she still doesn't have a continuous attack cycle with her claws. There's a gap. Which I might as well fill with something else. Animation for claws popping out doesn't really matter in that context.
-- Acyl
And the delay doesn't really exist. It *feels* like it exists, but the devs have proven multiple times that they make up the draw time in the rest of the animation.--
Oh boy does it feel like it exists...
-- Bob
---------
Well , if you hate the activation time, there is a Training/DO/SO that reduces it. Reduce Activation Time or something like that.When engaging, nothing beats a full frontal.
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
There's a Reduce Interrupt Time, but that's only for stuff that can be interrupted, like Snipes and some powers from the Medicine pool.
Look, the way the drawn weapon 'delay' works is such: In every weapon animation, there's a slight delay at the *end* of the animation, to seperate it from the next power animation. When you draw your weapon, it slices that bit at the end off, making the animation for your first power butt up against the next power.
So, with Paradoxe, I'd see the following with weapon already drawn:
Golden Dragonfly//Soaring Dragon
I get the following without a drawn weapon:
Weapon Draw/Golden Dragonfly/Soaring Dragon

Does that make sense? Or am I going to need charts and pie graphs and stuff?--
If you mean that the total time is the same in both cases, then it makes sense to me. Otherwise, bring on the PowerPoint!
--Sam
"I weave a lethal net of baked goods that few can escape."

Mekadave

A new patch is up on the Test server, and Controllers got abused with the Nerfbat this time.
Now Testing on the Training Room - 11/30/2006
Global: @Jimmy Amp
"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will Rogers
Hmmm. It sure *feels* like it takes longer when there's a weapon draw animation... but that can be deceptive, and if it works the way you describe, it would probably be particularly deceptive.
(As a side note, I really enjoy the brawl animation when you have a bow out. Makes me want to play someone with archery again...)
Quote:
A new patch is up on the Test server, and Controllers got abused with the Nerfbat this time.
Those changes don't sound that unreasonable to me, really. Just making some powers about as effective as they were before containment. (And if it were a choice between some higher level powers doing more damage, and having containment, containment wins...) Though I could be missing something.
Some nice stuff in here too, like the secondary effects on Radiation Infection and Enervating Field. Sometimes when I'm *soloing* on a radiation defender it gets hard to tell which enemy I've anchored my toggles on, if there's multiple of the same kind. And new wing animations...