Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: I have decided
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Quote:
(Though I'm not sure I want to play another scrapper, I have plenty of those already. But then, I'm not sure I can take playing a character in that armor chest type...)
It's not like we spend much time looking at our toons from that direction anyway. Besides, you can make her second costume any kind of civvies you like.
And it's entirely in genre for a magical girl to have legs up to there.
If Acyl doesn't mind being bumped to, say, Storm, or Spirit, then I see absolutely no reason why you shouldn't give in to your evilest instincts.
Especially since I'm going to make a point to have Kara carry at least 4 Rezzes at all times anyhow. One scrapper would be useful, but in a team this unbalanced, isn't likely to make or break a mission.
I think.
Ja, -n
(*whispers in Morgan's ear: do it. you know you want to*)

===============================================
"Puripuri puripuri... Bang!"
I kind of like to like the way my characters look from all directions though. '.' And I really like the way the medieval armor looks better. '.'
I'm not quite sure why you mention legs up to anywhere, but it probably fits, since the character design I was messing around with earlier used the thigh-high boots. '.'
And if I do this character, you're getting something much worse than evil, you're getting an almost obnoxiously cheerful person who has a tendency to suddenly be standing *right behind you*...
(I do that in real life. I have no idea how. I think I make too much noise to sneak up on people easily...)
-Morgan, not necessarily confident in her ability to be that personality on demand, but eh."I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, or espers here, come sleep with me."
---From "The Ecchi of Haruhi Suzumiya"
-----(Not really)
Tonya of the Snows -- Ice whatever. I'll take this one
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Quote:
And if I do this character, you're getting something much worse than evil, you're getting an almost obnoxiously cheerful person who has a tendency to suddenly be standing *right behind you*...
Perfect. *cackles evilly, rubbing hands*
So, so far we have Chirpy, Cranky, Tomboy, Timid, and... *blinks* Hm. Hey, Sam, how would you describe Inez?
So, the ones we're still missing are... hm. Hothead, Airhead, Rei... Probably others I'm forgetting.
It might be possible to allow two different armor types, one for the 'physical' elements and the other for more abstract ones, but I'd really rather not. If y'all can come to a consensus on preferring a different style, for that matter, there's no reason it couldn't change.
I guess what I'm saying is that exceptions to 'the rules' probably won't be granted in this matter, but you're perfectly free to raise a motion and try and persuade the others to change what the rules require.
All that said, speaking just as a member rather than 'leader', I personally have always thought that the medieval skin set was rather blah, especially since it lacks a matching color scheme.
Ja, -n
(Edit: Foxboy, so noted. ^_^)

So... What does everyone else think?
*shrug* The armored type torso is just so damn ugly...
-Morgan."I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, or espers here, come sleep with me."
-----(Not really)
Quote:
Hey, Sam, how would you describe Inez?
Latin Spitfire in training, despite not speaking one word of Spanish. ^.^ Talked her parents into moving to Paragon, theoretically because of the better education and job opportunities, really because of the off-the-scale origin rate. And as it happens she got zapped on her third day in town. [Image: smile.gif]
And with the Halloween event coming up, we should all be able to score extra costume slots well before 20th level. [Image: smile.gif]
--Sam
"I'm running out of municipal property to throw at them."
Chibi Konatsu wants to stake a claim on Spheres. (He's at my place, but busy playing Dominions 3 at the moment and asked me to pass on the message.)
--Sam
"Do you have pants?"
Quote:
Latin Spitfire in training, despite not speaking one word of Spanish. ^.^ Talked her parents into moving to Paragon, theoretically because of the better education and job opportunities, really because of the off-the-scale origin rate. And as it happens she got zapped on her third day in town.
*marks 'hothead' off of his list*
And she's, what, a superhero fangirl? This could be entertaining...
And, just to drop some info, Kara has lived in the same King's Row apartment for all seventeen years of her life.
Her mother can make essentially the same claim. Her father moved to town when he was eighteen, for college, and never looked back.
Ja, -n
(*loves the armored torso to death*)

At the risk of sounding like someone willing to compromise, how about the armor plate chest option with a different pattern? I still like the way medieval looks better, but I can at least make something I could stand to look at long enough to play if I use a different pattern...
-Morgan."I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, or espers here, come sleep with me."
-----(Not really)
Tanya is not typical for an ice build, unless there's been a bunch of Incredibles knockoffs recently. She's from an inner city neighborhood of a southern city, like Baltimore or Atlanta, and she detests the cold. She moved to Paragon because an "Ultimate Force" - like thing forced her to Paragon to be with the rest of the team. I hope I can pull off her "voice" as I hear it in my head without being offensive...
She still believes in empowerment. as compared to the vapid nymphomaniacs pretending to be pop/rap stars, but her environment still colors her speech.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

His Lovely Wife

Lia of The Seas

Lia has always been somewhat unpopular in school. This whole magical girl thing has made her very unsure of herself. She's normally very calm but can be whipped up into a full temper at a moments notice.
And that's all I've had time to think about so far. More as she's rped out.
-Cindy
Lia 1
Lia 2
Quote:
If Acyl doesn't mind being bumped to, say, Storm, or Spirit, then I see absolutely no reason why you shouldn't give in to your evilest instincts.
Oh, yeah, no problem - as I said, I had a personality concept, not a powerset one. 'cides, Morganni's idea is freakin' cool. Made me smile.
And it so fits the notion of 'shadow'. =)
For the moment, I'm looking at...um, hm. Spirit, I suppose. If Shadow's all perky and excessively happy, it makes a certain amount of symmetrical sense for Spirit to be, y'know, the cynic.
(looks at the list) Spirit, hm...Emp/Psy defender...yeah, that fits. I could play that, and it'd be great for teaming. Though I'd ideally prefer something more solo-able...still, yeah, I could do it. There's some serious RP possibilities, there, in combining empathy and psychic powers with someone who really isn't all that selfless, and truly doesn't want to get into other people's heads like that.
My only reservation is whether I'd be cool with playing Emp/Psy...I need to fiddle around with that.
The other possibility is Stars. Which doesn't have as many potential RP hooks, but... Rad/Rad's good for me. In fact it's perfect, since I really like that power combination. I'd have no reservations that way. Hm. Another option is a human-form Peacebringer (which I do have unlocked)... if I do it that way, I'd basically just ignore the built-in Kheldian backstory...sticking to human powers, that gives energy shields, white light blasts and melee attacks, which is quite suitable all-round for the 'Star' idea.
I'll decide later today, I suppose, when I've had some time to fiddle with the character creator. And perhaps talk with folks. o_o
On the subject of costumes...
I actually like the armoured torso look, sorta a militant Rayearth dynamic - I'm in favour of it. >_o
I note, though, if Morganni's playing the dark girl, a certain amount of deviation wouldn't be amiss, so she could...I dunno, use the armoured torso pattern, but on a tight upper body instead. Or, I dunno, maybe she could minimise the waist and chest sliders on the armoured torso, which'd make it look rather less bulky...or some other variation, I dunno.
-- Acyl
How about a Female Kamen-esq character that is Archery/Energy? I have somewhat of an idea, that isn't an Anime-rip for a change.When engaging, nothing beats a full frontal.
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]

The Hunterminator

Man, this has really kicked off between me leaving the public library and checking the boards from work.
Ok, so I think I'll make an air headed/naive mind/sonic controller. I'd make a defender to help the group, but I'm bad with them.
As for the name and back-story, I'll work on it while I work today and look for sources online at noon, but I won't make the character before Saturday or Sunday.
Quote:
I note, though, if Morganni's playing the dark girl, a certain amount of deviation wouldn't be amiss, so she could...I dunno, use the armoured torso pattern, but on a tight upper body instead.
I'd have suggested this myself, except... it doesn't seem to be offered, that I can find.
Which is a serious bummer.
If you can find it, OTOH...
Also, I've already pretty much let Lia's alternate color pattern slide, so that would be allowable... though, pretty please, use the same pattern? *bigsadbambieyes*
Drenevian, I have no objection to your using a Kamen type, but until we can fill the 'core roster' as it were, I'll set a condition that you take up one of them and spend, say, about half as much time on her?
Ja, -n

Well, I do have a vague concept for the "Stars" Costume. Since I'm thinking of spending a lot less time on Shizuru once she hits 38 (Mainly to get my main on Infinity up to 30) that This may be my main char for a bit, all 2 days a week I actually play that is.When engaging, nothing beats a full frontal.
our glory will prevail

Quote:
Well, I do have a vague concept for the "Stars" Costume.
Ahhh, cool. Then I officially call dibs on Spirit, then. I'll work up a final proposal and costume cut later today...assuming I can get into CoH. We'll see.
-- Acyl

The Hunterminator

There, now that I have time to think of it, I have a few questions.
First, is the crybaby-ish spot taken, because I can just see her saying, about the usual bout of 'killing the last confused enemy'
"*Sniffle* Why did you do that? He was our friend."
And then exploding into tears.
Also, is there any specific country of origin you'd see as working well with the character? None pops up to mind right now.
Quote:
First, is the crybaby-ish spot taken, because I can just see her saying, about the usual bout of 'killing the last confused enemy'
*pictures what might come of having all of the existing toons on the same team*
No, the spot isn't taken. Go right ahead... please.
^_^
And no, national origin hasn't really played into my plans.
Ja, -n

The Hunterminator

Mmm... How about she's a fairy that was wandering by when the 'Fate thingy of doom' grabbed her, turned her into an empowered human, and left.
Oh, my muse has just taken that idea and ran off with it.
-Edit-
Lloelie of the Songs
Mind/Sound Controler
Lloelie used to be a simple fairy but, while in Paragon City on her way back home, a technomagical construct jumped out at her and turned her into an empowered human.
She now finds herself stuck into a world she cannot understand and thrust into a role she understands even less.
Well, my idea for Stars just got a bit better.
Satomi of the Stars. More of the Elderly Sister type or Silent but Thoughtful type. Going with the Rad/Rad defender.When engaging, nothing beats a full frontal.
our glory will prevail

Gaean Conspiracy

My original server was Triumph. It's where my level 50 - Gaea's Shadow is located. In fact I have 12 alts on triumph (1/2 villians). I'd be happy to use one of them to create an SG for you and to help with funds at first. Just give me a holler if there is anything I can do to help.Gaean Conspiracy - @Gaean Conspiracy
---------------------------------
Time to take the grime out of crime
- Pretty Witty Kitty
Gaean Conspiracy - @Gaean Conspiracy
---------------------------------
Time to take the grime out of crime
- Pretty Witty Kitty
Quick note, I'll be playing with the character creator in a little bit for a final version. But assuming I can get the name, I'm going with...Grace of the Spirit, who's rather less at peace than her name suggests.
Of course, if she'd never gone to Paragon, this wouldn't have happened in the first place. She should have listened to her second thoughts, but nooooo. She told her mom she wasn't even going to consider that scholarship offer from Paragon University, the town simply wasn't safe. But mom insisted, so she went, and...and...
Well, whose bright idea was it to give high school kids a tour of the Occult Studies Campus, anyway?
Bah. "An exhibition of some recently discovered artifacts," they said. "Perfectly safe," they said...
At least they didn't make her pay for the broken display case when it followed her home.
-- Acyl
You know, I've never been so glad that I've been unable to come up with an idea before. All this coversation is tempting me to start a character.
Thankfully, I have 0 desire to start another character with the heroic sets, unless I see some new powers.
Now, if y'all are interested in maybe starting some villians to counter these, I'll need a theme, but I'll be there.

Now if I can just figure out an "of the" for a Dark/Elec or an Elec/Fire Brute...--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
[Image: Con.gif]
Well, I'd post a picture of the design I'm experimenting with for "Rina of the Shadow" (name mildly tenative), but I can't get the computer that can run CoH to boot up. >
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6