Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Veteran Rewards Announcement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Mekadave

They put up the announcement today. Apparently wings will be part of the Rewards program. They have screenshots of both types of wings and a short video of wings in action:
Veteran Rewards Program"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will RogersGlobal: @Jimmy Amp

"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will Rogers
*Morgan's eyes shine with lust*
... Wait a minute, no butterfly wings?
*Grrrrr!*
-Morgan, needs butterfly wings for Eri! '.'"I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, or espers here, come sleep with me."
---From "The Ecchi of Haruhi Suzumiya"
-----(Not really)
I've heard they plan on adding those later, but since they have the Angel/Demon wings ready to go, they're pushing em out the door.--
I am the Borg-again Christian. Resistance to my sermon is futile. You will be baptized. Your dogma is irrelevant.
--
If you become a monster to put down a monster you've still got a monster running around at the end of the day and have as such not really solved the whole monster problem at all. 
Huh. Do the wings include Flight, or are they purely cosmetic?
Oh, and I showed Peg the pictures from the COH site, and she was very interested....
And I can't help but wonder what Evangelia would look like with wings -- either pure white, or the color of her hair...
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...

Mekadave

The wings are purely cosmetic, they're just costume pieces. BUT they flap when you fly, they're completely animated. "Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will RogersGlobal: @Jimmy Amp

"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will Rogers
Cool enough. And if the speculation's right and they're only available at L20 and higher, it doesn't really matter, now, does it?
-- Bob
---------

Mekadave

Yeah, I guess we'll find out in a couple of months. [Image: sick.gif] "Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will RogersGlobal: @Jimmy Amp

Mekadave

First 12 Months of Veteran Rewards announced!
Veteran Rewards
The rewards come at 3, 6, 9, and 12 months, and consist of a badge for each tier and (in order):
(3)trenchcoats,
(6)Greek alphabet chest emblems,
(9) kilts for males & belly shirts for females and a respec for all characters on the account,
(12) Permanent 'temp power': choice of Undead Slaying Axe or Sands of Mu (Shadow Maul), the Preorder sprints (Rush, Quick, Dash, Surge), Base Item: Wall-mounted Weapon Displays
Next 12 months of items to be announced next week"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will RogersGlobal: @Jimmy Amp

Trenchcoats? Ooooh.... I have an alternate costume in mind now for Looney... and I bet Gil Macheath is salivating.
And by "weapons displays" do they mean like souvenirs? Or status reports on base weapons? Because if it's the former, I can't wait to get weapons displays on the walls of the meeting room...
-- Bob
---------
Yes. Gil is waiting to get his out of hock.
Jackie will also want one, but for completely different reasons...

Mekadave

There are screenshots of everything at the Vet Rewards link. [Image: tongue.gif] "Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will RogersGlobal: @Jimmy Amp

Nice to see what I'm going to get when issue 8 hits.
I'm prolly gonna hafta wait three months for the wings though... [Image: frown.gif]
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
w00t! With a trench I'll be able to do the Agent of Ishmael properly... And I've got another built that'll need the wings - when do they get granted, BTW? At the start of the program or fifteen months, or... Although since her concept - she goes by the name of Hikari Salazar - demands two different travel power sets, I suppose I can afford to wait.
Ja, -n

===============================================
"Puripuri puripuri... Bang!"

Mekadave

They haven't given the date for wings yet. Since they've already said they're part of the vet rewards, they must be sometime in the 2nd year (15-24 months).
If Issue 8 hits in November as suspected (and was posted on the UK boards), I'll be one month shy of 24 months of time. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to it. [Image: pimp.gif] "Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will RogersGlobal: @Jimmy Amp

His Lovely Wife

Trenchcoats! WOHOO!
Men in Kilts! Double WOHOO! (So, when do we get bagpipes? That would make a great weapon! :-) The Mac Hine clan is anxiously awaiting Cindy's 9 month anniversary on the game.
-Cindy
(Goes quickly to look)
The trenchcoats look awesome, and yes, I'll be giving a couple of my characters make-overs with them.
NEW FLYING ANIMATIONS!!! YES!!!
Kilts? Cool to have as an option, but... meh... at least for any of my characters. I know the Mac Hines will make good use of them though! ^_^
Ooooh!!! Shiny new base options!! The Legendary WILL be getting a new trophy area! Because I've certainly been around long enough for these!
(jumping up and down) ohboyohboyohboyohboyohboy!!! ^_^-Logan
-----------------
"This kind of thing tends invariably to devolve into the kind of "No, Nakajima, THIS is true power!!" argument that only really works if you're yelling it from the cockpit of a giant robot . . ."
-----------------
...I can now put an omega on Lord Omega...
-- Bob
---------
Quote:
They haven't given the date for wings yet. Since they've already said they're part of the vet rewards, they must be sometime in the 2nd year (15-24 months).
This pisses me off to no end. [Image: mad.gif]:">
I can't see why wings should be part of the reward system -- they're such a basic superhero concept that they should be broadly available. But since I'm a newbie, it'll be at least a year.
I know, being an ingrate... *sigh*
--Sam
"How the hell did I do that?"
Quote:
(9) kilts for males
Gryphon's gonna be happy. [Image: smile.gif]
But yeah, I agree on the wings. And I definitely want to see more choice for them... --
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
So... I spend all sorts of time in the character creator trying to get the shirts in the game to cover up more of my chest, a thouroughly unnatural thing to have to do... and now they are putting in shirts that expose more chest? How about shirts that reach to the top of the skirt. (Or nevermind that. How about some really large bows?)
Greek alphabet, huh... I want some punctuation. Question mark, exclaimation point, asterisk.
I hope the wings don't require too many months to get. I'm probably going to have enough, but I want lots of other people to get them too... #~.~#
-Morgan."I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, or espers here, come sleep with me."
---From "The Ecchi of Haruhi Suzumiya"
-----(Not really)