Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Just to Know...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Luca Nicolai

...does The Legendary have an european branch? 'Cos I've started playing CoH, and your SG looks like real fun...
Luca.
Unfortunately, no.
We're on the US servers, you see, and there's no way for us to access the European servers.
Well...unless we buy a European game code, and pay a second monthly fee. It's possible - but it'd cost. The Euro version counts as an entirely seperate game for billing purposes, and there's no connection between 'em.
Players can communicate between the different US servers, f'example, but we can't talk with Euro players...and so on.
Unlike, say, Auto Assault, where they're one big worldwide happy family...CoH ain't like that.
Because the US community was the first (the European servers came later)...there are a lot of European players who play the US version of the game, and continue to connect to US servers. One of my buddies in England actually deliberately chose the American servers when he first got into CoV - he bought a game code online, instead of buying a regular DVD box.
The US servers also support Australians and other English-speaking Asian nations...that is, the game boxes we get in our stores are keyed to the US servers. I'm from Singapore, myself, and there's quite a few Singaporeans who play the game.
-- Acyl
This doesn't mean, Luca, that you can't start the EuroLegendary yourself. In fact, I think that would be rather cool. Just include the board's URL in your daily message and/or the group description, and encourage members to come here and commune with their American cohorts, okay?
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...

Luca Nicolai

I'll try, as soon as I get a better knowledge of game mechanics. You guys will be the first to know.
Great!
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...