Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Can anyone recommend...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...a good COH character designer? I know some names were bandied about here six or more months ago; what's currently good and up to date?
Thanks!
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...

Mekadave

This one is the best I've seen. Very up to date, in fact, checks for updated files every time you start it.
sherksilver.coldfront.net/"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will RogersGlobal: @Jimmy Amp

"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will Rogers
I actually use that one myself. I'm not entirely happy with it, mind, some bits of the interface annoy me, it's got a few bugs...but...it is up to date, the info and calculations it does are fairly accurate...
...and it's good enough for my purposes.
-- Acyl
Thanks. I'm not sure I want to contaminate my system with .NET, but I'll certainly look it over.
-- Bob
---------
The fact it runs on Microsoft's .NET framework - a fairly hefty download in itself - happens to be one of those things that annoys me. Especially since it doesn't strike me as necessary for a program like this.
I once used an older version of Joe Chott's CoH Planner. It used to be a nice little program. It ain't so little now...and the current version is both complex and out-of-date. Might be worth checking out, though, if all you're using it for is build planning on the Hero side.
-- Acyl
Quote:
The fact it runs on Microsoft's .NET framework - a fairly hefty download in itself - happens to be one of those things that annoys me. Especially since it doesn't strike me as necessary for a program like this.
It may well have been the only development environment he had to work with -- hammers and things that look like nails and all that...
-- Bob
---------