Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Assorted Mac Hine ramblings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

His Lovely Wife

I was reminded this morning that this Sunday is Super Bowl Sunday and I turned to Rev and said, "Min gives birth this Sunday, right around Game
Time." I'm sure Wide wouldn't mind missing the Pre-Game show, although, having never watched the Pre-Game Super Bowl show, perhaps I'm wrong,
but certainly he'd hate missing the opening kick off, which seems like a good time for the baby to be born. I'm so evil.

Rev then suggested there would be a small tv in the birthing room. Personally, I don't see that going over too well but hey, worth a shot.

Then, of course, since Min is having twins (Maureen and Michael - you really should get to Little Legends more often) Rev saw Wide holding both kiddies
watching the game. Touchdown! DON"T SPIKE THE BABIES! If I hadn't been driving I could have hurt myself.

So, Fox, anyone else, Wide's reaction to Min going into labour during the pre-game show?

-Cindy
Going into labor? I always thought she'd be in management.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Wow, you worked that out?.... Guess I'd better write down my own reaction to that.

Shizuru looked at the calender while uncapping the new bottle of asprin. It didn't matter where she went in town, the only thing she could
feel, even when solely concentrating on shielding her own mind, was Wide Reciever. "Oh, what horrible timing." The Super Bowl AND Min giving birth.
There wasn't enough asprin in the world to keep THAT migrane away. Windowing out of her latest report Shizuru loaded the e-mail program.

'Leaving the country for a while. Going home to visit Natsuki. Let me know when Wide calms down. Shi."
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]

Kokuten

Quote:Touchdown! DON"T SPIKE THE BABIES!

I laughed. That bit right there, that's brilliant.Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Poor Oren. Pregame's not much to worry about, it's just the commentators going over the past season. Wide usually doesn't watch pregames because he
knows the stats already from his civilian job as a sports statistician.

He will get tenser and tenser as kickoff nears though. I picture the poor dear completely torn between the two things. His inner caveman wants him to watch the
game, his well-honed modern man and inner Knight Errant wants to be there for Min and meet his kids. Min, of course, wins. Wide gets the highlight DVDs gratis
as a perk from saving the league commissioner from a Nemesis plot, anyway.

At his worst.... he'll try to maneuver so he can see the screen and Min's face at the same time. Given his size and the room's.... he's got to
choose one or the other.

And... as a favor to Mace, Nogi's arranged for the day to be villain free. Well, as far as the Infamous is concerned.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Quote:And... as a favor to Mace, Nogi's arranged for the day to be villain free. Well, as far as the Infamous is concerned.
But will she get invited to the christening?

Mm. Or will there be a kickoff, instead?
-- Bob
---------
Numero Catorce will calmly place a phone call to the local Fox affiliate. With the sense of public relations that only a public figure that has had lucha
libre ingrained in his soul for three generations can have, he will explain that Wide Receiver cannot see the game, due to the arrival of his children. He will
ask that a taped copy of the game be delivered to the Legendary headquarters as soon as the game ends. This tape will be handed to Wide as soon as Numero
arrives at the hospital.

Given that Wide is a level 50, and well known, such a request will make its way up the channels to the Fox Sports offices. As a result, Howie Long will offer
Wide congratulations during the halftime report. Cards and assorted tokens of congratulations from sports writers and members of the Patriots and the Giants
may follow, sent care of the Legendary.

Numero Catorce is dismissive of American football, but he knows what it is to love a sport.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Well, clearly he just needs to be in two places at once.

I can just see Space Mage warming up the Ouroboros portal now, and getting all ear-droopy when she's scolded for irresponsible bending of the space-time
continuum...

-- Acyl
What, you can go back in time to get a badge, but not to watch a football game? Somebody's got whacked priorities there...
-- Bob
---------

Render

Badb, naturally, will have forgotten about the Superbowl entirely. But will run by to congratulate the new parents later.