Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Um. Holy carp? Issue 12 announced...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
right here: http://www.cityofheroes.com/game_update12.html

Light on details and big on hype, but if half of what it promises... yikes.

For me, the key points (not that I'll be able to make use of them anytime soon, with my leveling rate, but still):

* Epic archetypes for villains -- 'bout time

* Powerset proliferation -- could be good, could be very very bad, I dunno

* Hollows makeover -- THANK YOU

* Roman-style costume pieces -- this is the Nift.

So. Issue 12. Hoo boy.

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
...Sweet! And one of those helmets looks enough like Statesman's faceplate that I can justify Pizarro Statesman having a Roman helm instead of a
Conquistador's. [Image: smile.gif]

Someone's been doing their research, too, what with crests going both directions. (If memory serves, the side-to-side crest indicates a higher rank than
back-to-front.)

My first question: will the epic villains be gender-specific? Can you be a Blood Widower? ^.^

...and Lincoln's Julius Caesar disguise is suddenly useful! [Image: smokin.gif]

--Sam

"Bad man... hit dog... with STREET!"
The best bit in my mind? The new shoulder bits that look like they should be part of the wearer's cape! Flappy Thing A La Raven is one step closer!
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
One of the update pics show a HUGE MALE build "Blood Widow" so I would assume so on the Blood Widower
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
...curse you limited character slots on each server! =(

Powerset proliferation has me really stoked actually... and the epic villain ATs actually sound sweet. Man, now I have a reason to push to 50.

-- Acyl
Mm. I am impressed. I want those promised details now!
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

MechaDeuce

Quote: Evil Midnight Lurker wrote:

Someone's been doing their research, too, what with crests going both directions. (If memory serves, the side-to-side crest indicates a higher rank than
back-to-front.)

Hi Folks! ^_^

Ahhh...it's been a few years since my ancient history classes, but the Roman Empire was always one of my favourite topics. [Image: smile.gif]

Anyhow, if I'm remembering correctly, the Centurions had the tranverse-crested helms - the centurians were the enlisted officers, in charge of the maniples
and cohorts of the typical Roman Legion (Centurion - in charge of 100 men, called (duh) a Century). Six centuries formed a cohort, and ten cohorts made up a
legion. (This isn't counting support staffers and such). Generally, anyone with a transverse-crest was a working soldier, higher up having fancier
accoutrements.

The ones with the front-to-back crests were usually the (politically appointed) officers, the tribunes and higher. Sometimes they were competent commanders.
Sometimes they weren't. Tongue
Thus endeth the history snippet for today. ^_^

Later!

Bert V.V.

skyknight@sentex.net

(Hmmm....MechaDeuce with Roman Legionary armour.... hmmm....)

crimsonsun

Personally, I cannot WAIT for this. Ive been looking forward to VEAT's since I saw the "EPIC ARCHTYPE UNLOCKED" message when I hit 50 on Flame...

*edit* hrm.. wrong login.. oh well[Image: faveosig.jpg]

CrimsonKMR

Random CoH Forum Poster wrote:

Quote: Alright, a few questions:

Do we get the Crab mechanical spider arms?

And Back Alley Brawler responded with

Quote:

Once you go down the Crab Spider path you will get the crab spider backpack.
Woot, Ive been wanting one of those backpacks since I saw them!
There is no coincidence, only necessity....
- Clow Reed
It will be nice to have the Villain epic archtypes. Also, while the EAT's are not gender specfic, I get the vibe that they will follow suit more so than
not. If anything I wouldn't be surprised to see a normaly disproportional amount of females. Just seems to be the way happen.

...And a random side note: I don't remember seeing any 'Epic Archtype Unlocked' when I got Amber to 50. Meh. Anyway, carry on.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI
I have a copy of some preproduction art..... And apparently they had an early concept for female Wolf/Bane spiders as well as the males....
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Oooh? Post! Post!
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.