Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Character concept (what am I *smoking*?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(This would not leave my brain until I wrote it down.)

Why am I here, you ask? Why do you see me in the office buildings, warehouses, construction sites, and even the sewers of Paragon City? I'll tell you
why.

The signs are everywhere -- posted on the wall in the breakroom, hanging over the doorway to the shipping floor, even plastered on the inside of the door to
the *john*, for cryin' out loud. But nobody ever really pays attention to them... and I was no exception.

Y'see, the problem is that work is dangerous business, no matter what you do for a living. The government knows it, and they try to keep us safe. I
didn't realize how hard a job it was until recently. Just like every other schmuck out there, I would goof off from time to time. Y'know, just to let
off some steam.

And then I tripped on an unsecured corner of a non-slip mat, plummeting right into the jaws of a ... well, you don't really want the gory details. Suffice
it to say there's a reason I've got these robotic arms and legs, and a mirrored helmet hiding my face. Let me put it this way: if I took it off,
I'd violate half a dozen regs myself.

So anyway. That's the deal. I was stupid, I didn't pay attention, and now I'm paying the price. But I can keep others from making my mistake,
and as an officially licensed representative of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Enforcement Division, I'm here to do just that.

That's right, I am the OSHA Enforcer, and I'm here to inspect the premises. Let's take a walk.

(I may just actually build this guy -- or girl, I suppose, it could be either -- just for the LINES I could spout based on this concept. Heh.)

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
I like this. Very cute.

I'm playing with an idea over on, um, I think it's Justice. The toon's called "Robobringer". The concept? It's clear just from the Dwarf forms that the Kheld don't necessarily require carbon-based life to bond with (nothing born on a dwarf star is going to be carbon-based by a long shot). So why not a sentient android?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Nice idea. The problem with the high concept toons is that they are fun to build, but they don't always fill out enough to make them fun to play in the
long term.

By the same token, I would love to play a hero who was once responsible for changing the bog-rolls and mucking out Paragon's public toilets. This came
about in the pre-change faultline when I discovered a pack of Vaz trying to break into a locked washroom - with the dialog, hurry up and get it open before a
hero comes by.

Can you imaged using a washroom after the Vaz have parked their fudge, dropped the kids off at the pool, and lit a long string of bum cigars?

Shudder....