Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Task Force Friday - Any takers?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Kokuten

I look like I'll be about an hour later than normal, but I'm up for a TF tomorrow.

Lady Grey?

Statesman?

Something from the Shadow Shard?Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979

Render

I was going to suggest Synapse. That one's my favorite out of the original six TFs and is accessible to more people. Let's split the difference and try
7pm Pacific this time.

Kokuten

6pm AKDT.. I think I can dig that.Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Synapse? Sounds good to me. Although lets hope this time, it doesn't take 3 weeks to finish it eh?
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI
Count me in! I can bring Katy Kaboom or Alex Fury to the party, they're smack in the middle of the Synapse TF level range. The wiki says it's a 3-4
hour TF -- think we'd finish in one night?

(Edit to add: Katy's a mind/storm controller, Alex is a MA/Regen scrapper, and it occurs to me I could *also* bring William Bishop III if we need a blaster
instead...)

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
One night should be easy. Also, Strike forces take MUCH less time, especially Tarikoss with a teleporting stalker.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Synapse is the 15-20 one, right? Alexis could do that one. (And I should be available.) Though 7pm pacific is a bit late for me... if it took longer than 3
hours, that'd be kind of pushing it.

-Morgan.

HDTrio

I'll come if there's still room. Need the Synapse. ^_^

Kokuten

I think I'll bring Pooky for this run, if we have a tank.Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979

Render

I think we can do it in one or two sessions. I'm hoping one--we should be more effective at this level (melee types have their mez protection, for one
thing) and this TF lacks the toxic damage, slows, earthquakes and stun-aura bosses that made Positron's TF such a pain in the neck. This one is all clocks,
all the time, and they were the easiest foes last time out. My main concern is the two big guys at the end; I've got a couple Shivans left and if I have
time I'll try to get online long enough to rustle up a nuke.
Due to RL stuff, I won't be able to do the TF tonight. Good luck to whoever does though.

-Morgan.

Render

Task Force Dexterity should have been named Task Force Pain Tornado. Team Two tore through the clocks without breaking stride, wiithout a healer, even when we
were a man down for much of the middle stretch due to someone's RL Tiny Overlord. (Not mine, for a change.) Also, thanks to the Legendary folks who helped
us with Babbage. With just 5 of us, we weren't going to be able to stop him without help, and having to evade him and continue is not as satisfying. The
Clockwork King himself was no match for our band. (Stacked slows and holds, Rad buffs and debuffs, FFs, Mag Light tanking, two damage dealers free to go crazy,
and the Elusive Mind Accolade power. Pwned.) It was a fun TF.

Good thing, too, because Team One assembled and started an hour early, which left several people who were on at the appointed time left to fend for themselves.
How rude! Finishing first by a substantial margin after spotting Team One an hour head start was sweet, sweet payback.

In the future, please be considerate and wait. We will split into two teams if we have more than 8, and I'd rather recruit than leave people out.

-Render

Kokuten

duly noted, and why I jumped from team 1 to team 2Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Indeed. It was a VERY satisfying run.

I'd like to point out that it's incredibly fun to run with folks who know how to play to their strengths and
adapt to other's weaknesses. I was the lowbie on the team and only once did I eat pavement -- and that was due to overconfidence on my part. Note to
self: let Mag grab the bad guys first.

(Speaking of... DUDE. You are frightening. Even exemped down to 20, you were holding entire ROOMS full of Clockwork.
I bow before your tankage!)

Y'all kicked butt. Thanks for the run!

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs

Kokuten

Thanks, spud! Mag was, believe it or not, accidental.

I put some skull sweat and research into a respec at 50, and I have to admit to some pride how he came out. I can't soak the raw damage that Terrence or
Wide can, but I'm mobile, agressive, and nearly freaking automated - all of which plays off my ADHD playstyle ; )Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979