Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Ish 12 Power Prolieration list.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
linky

I am saddened by the lack of tanker elec/elec but Stalker Elec/elec is the bomb!

And Storm for MMs Hmmmm.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Kokuten

List for lazy people

List of New Primary and Secondary Powersets added in Issue 12

Blaster

New Primary - Psychic Blast

New Secondary - Mental Manipulation

Corruptor

New Primary - Electrical Blast

New Secondary - Storm Summoning

Controller

New Primary - Plant Control

New Secondary - Thermal Radiation

Dominator

New Primary - Earth Control

New Secondary - Electricity Manipulation

Defender

New Primary - Cold Domination

New Secondary - Ice Blast

Mastermind

New Secondary - Storm Summoning

Brute

New Primary - Battle Axe

New Primary - War Mace

New Secondary - Super Reflexes

Stalker

New Primary - Electric Melee

New Secondary - Electric Armor

Tank

New Primary - Dark Armor

New Secondary - Dark Melee

Scrapper

New Primary - Fiery Melee

New Secondary - Fiery AuraWire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979

Kokuten

I must admit to some temptation to make a dark/dark tank - I like my dark/dark scrapper, but he's so freaking squishy!

Mace/SR brute!?!

Plant Troller?!

*giggle* wheeeeeeee!Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
I'm thinking it's going to be time for another arrival from Kumogakure. Elec/Storm Corr? I'm all over that.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
A fire/fire scrapper sounds positively Agro-riffic.

Render

Alt-o-holic relapse time! So many new possibilities, I don't know where to start.

But off the top of my head, I think I'm going to be rolling up a Defender with Ice Blast, and the Elec/Elec Stalker sounds interesting. Fiery
Melee/Willpower Scrapper? Mmm. And very curious about the Mental Manipulation Blaster secondary.

I wish you could buy some kind of 'Greater Respec' that would let you change one of your powersets on an established character. Dunno how many times
I've played one into the 20s or 30s before getting frustrated, realizing that some slight tweak to the combo would fit my playstyle so much better... do I
continue with what I have but am not happy with? Or (groan) start over? Mercs would work so well with Storm... and Thugs better with Poison... but LP is level
44. I can't just drop him now... *whine*

Oh well. I can hardly wait for I12, and that's the main thing.
Ooh, this is...interesting. But arrrgh, I don't need ANOTHER scrapper, but Fire/Fire scrapper is a)
unexpected, and b) sexy as hell to me. I've wanted elemental scrappers since like...forever. I've got two different heroes who could be rerolled as
such.

Storm Corruptors...well we knew about that already, but Elec to go with is very nice. I have a name reserved for that too, since I've genuinely wished you
could have villainside Storm for a loooooong while.

Curse you, altitis! @_@

As for unexpected options...I'm actually pretty interested in Thermal for Controllers, and Elec/Elec for Stalkers. That's something I might be
interested in trying, though I don't actually have any concepts for such things.

But all in all, I think this is pretty neat. Options! Options are sexy.

-- Acyl
Comments/Concerns:

Tanker: Eh. Dark/Dark for everyone, I guess.

Scrapper: I'm conflicted. I think Energy Aura would have been better, and I'm *very* concerned that they'll give them Brute Fire Melee and not the
superior Tanker version.

Defender: Ice Blast is Yay. Very Yay. Cold matches thematically, but I would have prefered they profilerate Poison or Traps more.

Blaster: I never really liked Psychic Blast, and I'll have to reserve judgement on Mental Manip until I actually know what it has.

Controller: Whee, Level 8 Mass Confuse for Controllers! Not a huge fan of Thermal Rad, but whatever.

Brutes: Mace/Axe - about damn time. Super Reflexes: Uh, okay. Don't quite get it thematically, but okay.

Stalker: Elec/Elec - about damn time.

Corruptor: Elec/Storm - I have no issues with this. I'm not sure why they didn't have it in the first place.

Dominator: Earth - YES! Finally! Elec Manipulation - uh...okay. I think. Not sure what primary that's supposed to thematically match with, but hey. I would
have thought some sort of Earth Manipulation (Stone Melee+Hurl Boulder+Legacy Chain Earth Attacks) would have been more called for. *shrug*

Masterminds: Storm Summoning - my only concern is that this seems...abusable to me.
Not dark for everyone... Controllers don't have a dark secondary. (Think I read some people saying on the forum that it'd be too powerful, but I'm
still disappointed. I have a concept that Mind/Dark would be absolutely perfect for.)

Personally, I'm kind of tempted to make a Fire/Thermal controller once I12 is out, since it seems like it'd be the closest thing to a Reyvateil I could
make in CoH. But I'm not sure I'd enjoy Thermal very much (all those ally-only powers...), and I don't know if I want to do another Fire
controller. Not that I'm not having *fun* with it on Lovriel, but I've been trying to have as little duplication between powersets on my characters as
possible, so I'd experience different things with every character. (Part of why I've had very few tankers - for quite a while, there was only one
tanker primary that I didn't hate for it's gfx.)

-Morgan.
Morgan, look at it this way:

Except for Blasters, Controllers, Doms, and Peacebringers, *every* class in the game now has the ability to make Lord Darkity Dark of the Dark Darkness.

Tanker/Scrapper/Brute/Stalker: DMelee/DArmor

Corruptor: DBlast/DMiasma

Defender: DMiasma/DBlast

Mastermind: Necro?/DMiasma

Warshade: Umm, they just *are*.

How long before DBlast hits blasters? Or they come out with some form of Darkness Control or Dark Illusion or Shadow Control or something?

I just don't get the massive love the Devs have for the Darkness-based powersets.
I like Dark as a concept, don't get me wrong. And I used to have a friend on Justice a couple of years back who was very effective as a Dark/Dark scrapper
that I enjoyed playing with. But too many of the Darkness AOE powers slam my framerate into the basement. Particularly if there's more than one user on the
team. I find all too often that I have to ramp my particle count down to zero in order to play with them.

Well now... /SR for Brutes? Cool! I'll remake Cyberman 9 as an Energy Melee/Super Reflexes Brute and then he can more truly be Cyberman 8's opposite
number!

On the other hand - fighting against an /SR Brute in PVP may wind up being a true exercise in frustration.
Much like going up against an /SR scrapper or Stalker. Oh well.

I see a MASSIVE proliferation of Tsoo sorcerer concepts coming into play once /Storm becomes available live.
With regards to Jpub's comment that he'd much rather see Poison proliferated (to heroside), Back Alley
Brawler explained on the official forums that there are no plans to give Poison to heroes and Empathy to villains. The current thinking among the devs is that
it doesn't fit thematically - heroes aren't poisonous, villains aren't empathic, etc.

Yeah, I know, that's a subjective sort of argument, but there it is. BaB did note this doesn't preclude the possibility of having, say, alternate
versions of those sets with different names and possibly graphics. But at that point it's no longer proliferation and starts to become, like, new sets
entirely, albeit easy-to-make ones.

Those posts are on the dev digest tracker, but I'm too busy to look for 'em at the moment.

-- Acyl
For those who haven't seen the official post, here's Mental Manipulation:

Subdual - Subdual deals moderate Psionic damage and may leave the targeted foe Immobilized for a
brief time. Immobilized foes cannot move but can still attack. Damage: Moderate, Recharge: Moderate.

Mind Probe -- Grip the minds of your foe with a Mind Probe. You must be in close proximity to pull off this attack that
wrecks havoc on your foes synapses, dealing moderate Psionic Damage while reducing his attack speed. Damage: Moderate, Recharge: Moderate.

Telekinetic Thrust - A focused attack or intense mental power that violently sends a nearby foe flying. Deals minimal
damage, but can be very effective. Damage: Minor, Recharge: Moderate.

Psychic Scream -- This howl of Psionic energy resonates in the minds of all foes within its conical area of effect,
inflicting moderate damage. Damage: Moderate, Recharge: Slow.

Build Up - Greatly boosts your attacks for a few seconds. Slightly increases Accuracy. Recharge: Long.

Drain Psyche - You Drain the Psyche of you nearby foes, thus weakening their Hit Point Regeneration and Endurance
Recovery and boosting your own. Recharge: Very Long.

World of Confusion - This toggle powers allows you to cause psionic damage and cause confusion within a group of foes,
creating chaos. The chance of confusing an enemy is lower than then chance of damaging them, and it may take multiple hits to affect stronger opponents. All
affected foes within the area will turn and attack each other, ignoring all heroes. You will not receive any Experience Points for foes defeated by Confused
enemies. Recharge: Moderate.

Scare - You entwine a single foe within his deepest fears and cause him to helplessly tremble for a brief while.
Recharge: Medium.

Psychic Shockwave - Psychic Shockwave is a devastating Psionic attack that wracks the minds of all nearby foes.
Affected foes may have a reduced attack rate and may be left Disoriented. Damage: High, Recharge: Slow.

Link