Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Fic Recommendation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is not precisely Legendary-related, more general City of Heroes.
I've recommended this story before, but as of yesterday it's complete. Finished.

Which greatly amuses me, because I'd spoken to the author a day before, and he/she was all 'oh, actually
there's more coming'. Seems like that's really a promise you can get behind...

Faces of the City is available on the official CoH forums or the Virtueverse wiki. The second is a more reliable
permanent URL.

This is, bar none, the cleverest piece of CoH fiction I've ever encountered. It has an incredibly unique
perspective on Paragon City - it's a very very cool concept, which ties in well with the nature of its protagonist. The author, Megajoule (or Miss
Megajoule), tells me there's a sequel in the works focusing on the Rogue Isles. Seriously looking forward to that.
-- Acyl
Your wiki link is broken. Says "Http: ///"
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Argh. When I tried to edit it to see if I could fix it, I got a spew of format code from Yuku that doesn't look anything like the usual raw message. Grrr.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Great story; I haven't been following it, but I read the incomplete version a few months back... it's only gotten better. [Image: smile.gif]

Until Acyl comes back and fixes his link, here's one to the Virtue Wiki character page (which includes links to the stories).

http://68.178.145.67/index.php/Spirit_of_the_Row

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
*whistles*

this is _good stuff_
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies
The link has, I think, been fixed.

Have I mentioned lately that I absolutely HATE this new Yuku board code? I didn't do anything wrong, it seems to have glitched out on its own accord.
Somehow.
-- Acyl
That was awesome. The scene in Venice at the end caught me by surprise.

I would really love for Row to meet New Overbrook. It'd be interesting.
I hope I wind up meeting the Row... while playing Alcatraz. ^.^

--Sam

"How the hell did I do that?"