Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Task Force Friday: Eden Trial
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
With the completion of the Numina TF thanks to the gracious assistance of Terry, Atlantea and Sweno; Emet is now full and ready to smash the Crystal Titan. This will probably have to be a 7 Eastern thing becasue some wiseass here decided it would be a good idea to have exams on Saturday [Image: mad.gif] so I'll be needing a few hours of sleep on Friday. Wiki article is [url=http://cityofheroes.wikia.com/wiki/Eden_Trial-->Here
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI
Oh, I'd love to be in this one with Eva, but Friday night is when Iron Man opens... and 7 PM eastern is an unpredictable time for me.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Might be able to make this one. If I do, I'll bring Space Mage (Dark Defender). It's been a while
since I've done the trial, but I do recall it being challenging and fun. =D
-- Acyl
I'm not gonna make this one - it's Iron Man night for me and mine.
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies
Hmm. Seems like Iron Man trumps Woodsman. Pulling this to Saturday some time after noon (i.e. after 12, not necessarily in 'the afternoon') work good?
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

Hmm. With the schedule change, I could probably bring Emerald Blast along to provide some green glowy goodness. The wiki suggests that at least 1 healer-type
is necessary at some point, so... *shrug* Plus, Emerald has Fly, Recall Friend, and she *may* still have Hyper-Stealth available, which means we might be able
to bypass a nasty part (according to the wiki).

Can't do Friday, but if this kicks off Saturday I can be there.

So... should I bring her out to play? [Image: smile.gif]

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
I can't guarantee Saturday. If I can do it, I'll be there. But don't count on me.
-- Bob
---------
We managed to compete a very successful run last (Wendsday) night.

The Group Consisted of:

Emet (me): 40 Stone/Super Strength Tank

Terrance Knight: 50 (ex'd to 41) Invulnerability/Super Strength

Brightsky (Valles): 50 (ex'd to 41) Marital Arts/Invulnerability Scrapper

Cyberman 8 (Atlantea): 50 (ex'd to 41) Marital Arts/Super Reflexes Scrapper

Farmin' Roy Orbison (Wiregeek): 40 Fire Control/Kinetics Controller

Space Mage (Acyl): 50 (ex'd to 41) Dark Miasma/Energy Blast Defender

Frenetic Sublimation (Sweno): 50 (ex'd to 41) Fire Blast/Cold Manipulation Blaster.

Evangelia (Loony Toons): 50 (ex'd to 41) Broadsword/Invulnerability Scrapper

---

There are a few trick that weren't mentioned in the wiki. Most Notable, there is -NO- map available, and the place is -HUGE- so you need to be on your
toes, and possible have a person with Recall Friend to keep the group organized and together. First off, when you all enter, you'll be faced with several
holes to jump through. It is the best idea to all jump through the same hole. There are 2 levels to get through before you get to the 'bottom'. Each
one of the holes leaded to a separate pocket of the level, and if people go down different holes, there is no way to join back up until you get to the bottom.
Each room is filled with a camaraderie of DE. It is possible to teleport (Self) into the holes and avoid most of the mobs. One thing to note, you -cannot- have
a stealth/porter drop down the holes and give the team a teleport down to the bottom with recall friend. The drops are sufficient enough that the bottom level
to the top exceeds the range of recall friend. Once you are all down and all back together, it is time to take on the Rock Room.

(Edited to include Roster)
---

[Image: EdenRockRoom_2008-04-30-23-46-53.jpg]
This is the Rock Room. Not the best Screenie in terms of perspective, but I was taking these after we had completed, instead of along the way.
Anyway, this room hosts many many many Rock DE, although it is not necessary to completely clear the room. In our run this was the only room we didn't clear. You are going to want to find a massive slab of greyish rock that is targetable as 'Rock Wall' an AV level mob. Clear the area around it, and then proceed to wail away on it. Have the tank wait a few paces behind the group, as the Rock Wall summons ( I think at 75% 50% and 25% ) Rock DE to protect it, in 3 different waves. You are going to want to watch out for the Lieutenants dropping Cairn Emitters. These will give every DE including the Rock Wall a significant Resist Bonus. On the Final summon, comes the Rock Giant Monster (Yes, -Giant- Monster, not just Monster ) Quarry. I (as Emet) held the GM while the rest of the team finished taking down the Rock Wall, and then they joined me in taking it down. This GM is the same thing as you would find in 'Monster Island' North of PI.
---

After you defeat the Rock Wall, and can move forward, you enter the Acid Room
[Image: EdenAcidRoom_2008-04-30-23-45-55.jpg]
[Image: EdenCloseAcidRoom_2008-04-30-23-45-.jpg]
[Image: EdenMidAcidRoom_2008-04-30-23-44-17.jpg]
[Image: EdenMidAcidRoom2_2008-04-30-23-44-5.jpg]
[Image: EdenFarAcidRoom_2008-04-30-23-44-01.jpg]
This is most certainly the Biggest room in the Trial, and it is not 'really' required that you even attack anything here, but this room is the only place where Ambrosia drops. Ambrosia is the only thing that gives you resistance to the Crystal Titans Damage, it drops -only- from the Greater Devoured in this room, and only this room. The Wiki reccomends 6 per person. We cleared the room and ended up with 5-6 on the Melee and 1 or 2 on the Ranged. It is best that you get as many as possible (just in case). Once again, with this being a large room and no Map available for the trial, you need to be on your toes not to get split. This is a rather cut and dry room sweep so long as everyone keeps together. Also, that green liquid you see below the arches? Its Acid. It does Toxic DoT to any player (but not DE) that is in it.
---

After the Acid Room is Clear, You come to a tunnel littered with bones and a Hole.
[Image: EdenAfterAcidRoom_2008-04-30-23-43-.jpg]
[Image: EdenDropUp_2008-04-30-23-43-11.jpg]
Hold your Breath, Close your eyes (Ok, you don't -have- to....) and jump on down. You'll end up in another tunnel to walk out of.
[Image: EdenDropDown_2008-04-30-23-42-40.jpg]
March on Forward to The Mold Room.
---

Hordes upon countless hordes of slavering DE. The slaughter was, dare I say it, Legendary.

the Crystal Titan was an interesting battle. I was REALLY expecting it to last longer, say.. a minute.

Once we got rolling, things went _smooth_. We had an initial hard split (Terrence vs. the entire DE army), resolved with a TP.

This is the second place in the game that I've seen where TP can easily get stretched out beyond it's effective range.
[Image: EdenMoldRoom2_2008-04-30-23-42-20.jpg]
[Image: EdenMoldRoom_2008-04-30-23-41-49.jpg]
In this room, you will find copious amounts of the DE Mushroom guys. In the distance is the next objective, The Mold Wall. Clear the Shrooms, being careful to have the Blaster/Controller/Defenders avoid the AoE Holds. Once the Room, or at least a path to the wall, is clear, begin to attack the AV Mold Wall. Like the Rock Wall, this one summons Mushroom baddies to attack you, so have the tank a few paces back to grab em when the spawn. There is no GM involved in this wall, however. Once that is clear, it is time to make the last drop down.
---

At the end of the little tunnel behind the Mold Wall, there is yet another (Final) drop to be made, down to the Waterfalls
[Image: EdenAboveWaterfall_2008-04-30-23-40.jpg]
[Image: EdenWaterfall2_2008-04-30-23-40-07.jpg]
In this room, there will be enormous amounts of Crystal DE. Smash your way through them, and march forward Past the Waterfalls, and into the Final room of the trial.
---

In the Final room, there will be the Crystal titan, standing upon a little 'island' of rock surrounded by water (not acid in this case). The rock he's standing on looks like a squat tower of Babel. Clear the edge of the cave first, and take down the Crystal Prisons in the back of the room to Free the Heroes. This is completely not required to succeed, and the Heroes will just stand there and attack anything in range. Doing it is just for the hell of it, and the fact that you can say you -did- free them. Once the outside ring is clear, move to the water beneath and around the Titans little pedistool, and smash the Crystals there. Once the room is clear, gather, organize and prepare to Attack the Titan. The Melees pop an (one only) Ambrosia and have at him. Make sure you have Blinking turned on, so you know when to use another. Smash. Kill. (Rularuu.)
And thus it is done.
[Image: EdenFinal08-04-30.jpg]
[Image: EdenFinal22008-04-30-23-38-28.jpg]
---
When we fought the Crystal Titan, it only took one Ambrosia to take him down, a opposed to the 5 or 6 the Wiki  says it will take. I do not know if this is the falibility of the Wiki or a great team on our part. All I do know, is we had Dark Debuffs, and all smashing damage (Which Crystals are weak to) and so it went down in under a minute.
---

Don't discount Fulcrum Shift or Transfer Power - they are surprisingly useful in smashing things.
I must have *just* missed this, because I remember seeing you online still (Ankhani), but Wiregeek was nowhere to be found.

DAMMIT! I really wanted to be along for this one, it sounded like it would've been loads of fun. [Image: smile.gif] Are there any plans to do another this weekend?

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
I ought to note that Eva got smashed flat in under 10 seconds, right after taking her Ambrosia; I think she was the only fatality in the fight with the Titan.
She still has four Ambrosia left... I wonder what they go for on the open market.
-- Bob
---------
I'll still be up for doing this one on Friday/Saturday as planned. It just kinda hit me we could do one Wendsday as well. Just let me know when you'll
be about. 4 People min, 39+
---

I'm going to try and make Friday or Saturday, and I hope to bring Pooky - seems that the only thing resistant to lethal is one of the minions.. *whistles
innocently*
I'll be glad to have the Imp, but I will miss the Speed Boost. *Sob* The Trial must go on though. Just don't expect me to be moving or attacking fast.
Perhaps I can convince Atlantea to bring Kara....or something.
---

*flexes* Well if you need extra muscle and i'm not occupied tomorrow you can call on my aid. And i'm still kinda sad you guys TP'd me away from my
battle along the opposite arch you guys were fighting on...like Cmon..I was doing just fine clearing out my side... *mumbles*
Chances are I'll probably be available on Saturday, though the lack of a definite time means...hell if I know if I'll actually be online. But I'm likely to be at home if not actually at my computer. I wouldn't mind running this again. Not sure which character I'd bring...depends on how the team looks. Probably my 40 blaster (Glass Lass) or the 50 defender (Space Mage) again.
-- Acyl
If I'm available, I'm bringing Lora'Lai or Kara Skye with me.
Well, I'll be about Saturday, and I'll be fine with Eden. (Edited due to miscommunicated Hami Raid time.) Concerning Stone Tanks, I can't say how
powerful Speed Boost is for them. It effectivly negates all of the disadvantages of Granite. -Recharge -Speed are covered by Speed Boost, and Rage covers the
-Damage, plus there is +Recovery which is -always- a good thing, and helps cover for Rage's -End crash. I can certainly do with out any buffs, of course,
bring whoever you want. Just might be a bit slower, not that slow is necessarily bad.
---

Pages: 1 2