Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Saber Designs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
So, I was very VERY impressed with the Knight Saber homages I saw earlier this evening. Nobody had a version of Linna's suit, though. So I started fiddling
around and came up with this - I present Fu Saber!

[Image: Fu_Saber_01.jpg]
Oh SWEET! That looks awesome Logan!

... Need an SG for her? Tongue
You figured out some way to do the mono-cutters! I have to salute you. [Image: laugh.gif]
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."
Quote: OpMegs wrote:

You figured out some way to do the mono-cutters! I have to salute you. [Image: laugh.gif]

Oh yeah, I HAVE to applaud that. It was one of the things keeping me from making her. We were thinking a Scraper Martial arts/reflexes...
Quote: We were thinking a Scrapper Martial arts/reflexes...
Which is exactly what she is.

Now - thing is, I don't think I'll be able to devote much if any time to playing her. I've already GOT a MA/SR scrapper in the form of Cyberman 8.
But I HAD to make the outfit and save the name. If anyone -else- wants to take this over, let me know and I'll delete so that you can make her.

Costume is as follows:

Colors follow the standard count from left and top to bottom. If, for example, I say Color = 4-8, then you that's the # 4 position counting from the left
of the color selection, and counting 8 down from the top. (4-8 is that nice green of the suit, BTW, so you can check that for yourself)

SCALES:

Body sliders to athletic standard.

Face Sliders as follows: (Assume 0 = All the way to the left, 50 = dead center, and 100 = all the way to the right)

Head: 50 - 50 - 50

Brow: 75 - 75 - 50

Cheek: 75 - 75 - 50

Chin: 0 - 50 - 50

Cranium: 50 - 50 - 50

Jaw: 0 - 0 - 100

Nose: 0 - 50 - 50

HEAD:

Half Helmets:

Face: (face doesn't matter, but make sure you make the skin color full black and choose the "Neck Cover" option in a Grey. Say a 3-0 or
4-0. This makes it so that if someone happens to get an angle from the bottom side, they still won't see a clip of the face between the shield and the
Enforcer jawpiece. Similarly, if someone is running AOE stealth, the face shield going translucent won't reveal the face either.)

Helmets

Round

None

(Primary Color to Green, 4-8 )

Detail 1

Full Blast Shield

(Primary Color to 7-3)

Detail 2:

Enforcer

(Colors are set to ALL white for both primary and secondary, 10-0 / 10-0 )

Helmet Detail 1:

None

Helmet Detail 2:

Ear Piece 2

(Again - all white on both primary and secondary. 10-0 / 10-0 )

UPPER BODY:

Robotic Arm 2:

Chest:

ExoProto

Pattern:

Exoproto

(Primary and Secondary are Neutral Grey, 5-0 / 5-0 )

Shoulders:

Enforcer

(Primary and Secondary are Red, 6-0 / 6-0 )

Upper Arms:

Robotic 4

(Primary is Green, 4-8 )

Chest Detail:

Enforcer 2

(Primary and Secondary both to Green, 4-8 / 4-8 )

Gloves:

Enforcer

(Primary is Green, 4-8, and Secondary is White, 10-0 )

Belt:

Enforcer

(Primary and Secondary are neutral grey, 5-0 / 5-0 )

LOWER BODY:

Bottoms:

Bottom:

Tech Wired

Pattern:

Bikini 2

(Primary Color is Green, 4-8, Secondary is Neutral Grey, 5-0 )

Boots:

Stilettos

Pattern:

Tech Crey

Pattern:

None

(Primary Color is green, 4-8 )

BACK DETAIL

Single Shoulder Mantle

Brooch:

None

Cape:

Long Cape

Pattern:

Scarf

(Primary and Secondary both set at full white, 10-0 / 10-0 )
Oh yeah... Scarf is a cape addition... how'd you get that in the picture?
Vet rewards shoulder mantle. Works a treat. [Image: happy.gif]
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Oooh, nice.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Went and used the directions given to make Dance Sabre, who will be added to Riot Force when someone else with invite privileges signs on Tongue Thanks Logan,
you've completed the team.
Ah cool, then! And yeah, DANCE Saber as a name works a lot better than what I had. I'll go ahead and delete mine, now. Glad to be of service! ^_^
Thanks again Logan. I checked Fu Sabre (Sticking with the same spelling of Sabre across all four of them), then remembered the original planned name for Linna.

... Now they're demanding a full origin story, dammit...
Michael "Mikey" Stengovich is a genius at biomimetic robotics and power suit technology. He's also an otaku. Taking advantage of the similarity
of his name to a character in his favorite mecha show, he constructed a squad of four androids and power armor for each of them. Unfortunately, he had no
control of the hyper complex process of the development of the AIs, so instead of the Convention Arm Candy he envisioned, he has "an older sister and her
three employees."

And, even worse to his sensibilities, their personalities coalesced around their 1980s versions instead of his favorite remake.

How's that? [Image: happy.gif]
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
*Snickers* Nice, but OpMegs and I have an origin story.... it's just that I need to write the damn thing Tongue
I dunno, Fox, I'd play in that group.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Quote: Matrix Dragon wrote:

*Snickers* Nice, but OpMegs and I have an origin story.... it's just that I need to write the damn thing Tongue

Which essentially coalesced out of my multi-multi paragraph entry for Sylia on the Virtue wiki here
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."
Nice entry.

Hm. I have my own BGC tribute character over on another server, Saber Blue 2040. Maybe I should try my hand at this...
-- Bob
---------
Okay, making Range Saber now -- a classic rifle/gadgets blaster with Priss' colors, but a slightly different helm design.

ETA: Okay, here she is:

[Image: rangesaber2.jpg]

[Image: rangesaber1.jpg]
-- Bob
---------
I tried doing a Silver Saber (like Paradox from my aborted BGC story) but I'm hindered by several things:

1) There's no Torq option. [Image: frown.gif]

2) For some bizarre reason no one will ever tell me, the Metalic options have those 'seams' on them, and there's no Tight Sleek for Gloves or
Boots.

3) I couldn't get 'bulky' without getting something weird looking. I'm weak with the Scale Sliders.

OTOH, those Flat Blades for Claws look SLICK.
Well, since I *started* a majority of this, I figure it's only fair to drop off pics of my own.

[Image: sylia20.jpg]

Dual Blades/Invulnerability Scrapper on Virtue, currently level 11 and generally taking advantage of the Hollows revamp to level there. The outfit's based
on the 2040 version's second costume, from the latter half of the series.

[Image: Sylia10.jpg]

However, she also comes in more classic flavor!

[Image: nene-1.jpg]

Coming in both classic and 2040 looks, Nene's an Electrical Blast/Kinetics Defender and level 15, ironically tied with Sell-Sword for my highest level
character.
---
waste."
And following up on OpMegs duo are my two (With help from Logan in Linnas case)
[Image: Sabres.jpg]
Dance Sabre is only just starting, but Priss damn near exploded as a Superstrength/Willpower Tanker this week, hitting level ten as we took down Frostfire last night. Her CoH character is growing on me as well, as I work out her backstory.
Mm. Maybe I'd better run to Icon and change Range Saber's color scheme, if we have a genuine Priss in the mix.

BTW, next time I'm on and someone from Riot Squad 6.1 sees me, please give a yell so I can get Range invited? Thanks.
-- Bob
---------
I'll keep an eye out for you. Hmm... I've got an idea for her origin story too, that wouldn't require changing her color scheme actually...
I tried writing a short story in regards to the origins, but hit an utter wall for some reason. Grr. So I'll just stick it here.

While Portal Corp is the only organization legally allowed to develop and use interdimensional travel technology, it's often suspected that there are
several other groups with access to the technology. As is common in Paragon City, Crey's a popular suspect. And its true... sort of. Crey doesn't have
the technology, despite their best attempts, but they do have people in Portal Corp that have 'hired' their Paragon Protectors or conventional Crey
security for a number of other-world recon and research missions. In the process, Crey have secretly stolen the technology of a dozen worlds.

One such mission was to quake-ravaged Megatokyo, a city defended by a police department as outgunned as Paragons Police (But under tight corporate control),
and four Tech heroes known as the Knight Sabers. The Superbuma Largo, as part of his campaign for imagined godhood, created duplicates of the Knight Sabers in
an attempt to destroy their public reputation and make it easier to destroy them. Upon learning of this, Crey decided to claim these four 'sexaroids'
for themselves, intending to use them as deniable weapons in situations that the Paragon Protectors were unsuitable for.

The theft was easy, as the new Sabers hadn't been activated yet, but during an attempted reprogramming, Sylia Stingray woke up, still possessing a memory
and personality rather close to her original. Getting loose, she managed to recover her armor and escape the Crey facility, vanishing into Paragon. A
remarkably intelligent woman, she managed to determine her situation on this world and registered as a hero under the name Silicon Sabre. Shortly afterwards,
she met Lady of the Peace and was recruited into Riot Force 6.1. For a while, she maintained a hidden identity to all, but she eventually made the decision to
tell Ifrit the whole story.

Both women were determined to locate the rest of Sylias 'family', eventually locating Nene during transport from a hidden research facility by a
remarkably generic security firm. Nenes mind had a primitive control program placed over the top of any independent thought, and her armor modified by Crey for
better effectiveness against non-mechanical enemies. Still, against the two of them, she was quickly subdued and secured at a hospital, where the program was
removed. Attempts to confirm that Crey was responsible for her plight slammed into a paper trail that went nowhere, the research facility belonging to no one.
Nene joined Riot Force as Net Sabre.

Priss was the next to be recovered, by sheer luck. A Rikti raid in Galaxy City blew up the truck her crate was in, pulling her back to reality rather confused,
and with a hangover. The Rikti never really knew what hit them, but Sylia and Ifrit were in Galaxy at the time, quickly bringing her up to speed. When the dust
settled, Priss was granted a license and took the name Street Sabre (An in-story way of describing the experience of 'roll up Priss, load
GalaxyOMFGRITKI!!')

After this, the trail seemed to dry up on Linna for some time, all details and rumors about her vanishing utterly. It wasn't until Knight, Nene and Ifrit
tracked the head Crey scientist on the now 'dead' project that they discovered he'd actually stolen her from Crey and had her at home as a
combination guard and maid. Stripping the control programs from her, Linna turned on the scientist, who managed to escape with the help of a Paragon Protector.
After some time to get her bearings, Linna joined Riot Force as Dance Sabre.

Even with all four of the 'Sabres of Paragon' loose, Crey hasn't abandoned the technology, which has led to a number of other failures. COMBOT Mk
III gained sentience and escaped to the Rogue Isles, and it's rumored that another Street Sabre has been seen on the streets of Paragon, and that's
only the ones we know of...

In Riot Force, despite their low security levels, all four of the Sabres serve as mentors to the other new heroes, applying years of experience taken from
their originals. Sylia, having made a life in Steel Canyon, has become something of a social climber, which serves as a powerful source of information on
groups such as the Family and Tsoo. Priss, having claimed an old apartment in the Hollows (It reminds her of Megatokyo, and she's come to like the
countryside), serves as Riot Forces primary source of information on street gangs like the Trolls, Outcasts and Lost. Ifrit's trying to talk her into
taking a criminology course at Paragon University, as there's a surprising degree of skill there, but she's busy working on rebuilding her band. Nene
has claimed half of Ifrits apartment in Atlas, and serves as the teams internet genius, pulling together information and equipment from a hundred sources. And
Linna, crashing with Sylia at the moment, is trying to figure out what she wants to do.
Quote:I've got an idea for her origin story too, that wouldn't require changing her color scheme actually...
It'd be welcome, as I didn't give her any background or a battlecry yet. But I might change her scheme anyway. I just defaulted to red and blue out of a sudden lack of inspiration.

ETA: Mmm. I wonder what she'd look like in Iron Man red-and-gold. Seriously, though, I was thinking of a violet or purple primary with maybe white highlights.
-- Bob
---------
I'm so weak. *sobs* The alt-itis, it's too strong!

I spent a good chunk of time last night working on a design for one of these, futzing around with powersets and suit designs/colors. I haven't got
anything concrete yet, but the test-drive I gave to a rad/dark powerset had me going "Mmm, tasty!".

Now, I just need a name and an origin that won't leave me going "Eh, wut?" when it comes to /Dark on a Tech hero... and a color scheme. The dark
bottle green I've currently got is nice, but I'm having a hard time with the highlighting. Dark blue, maybe?

... can I come play in your yard too? [Image: happy.gif]

Edit: now that I think about it, *sonics* might be fun too, if that's possible. Must check. Never done sonics before...)

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
Pages: 1 2 3 4