Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Amusing lines you've overheard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A couple of my coworkers play CoX, based on Freedom. They were discussing Cimerora today and I happened to be nearby at *just* the right time. One of them
had just complained about the number of people in the zone messing everything up. The other replied, "... so what you're saying is, the number of
tourists is upsetting the delicate Greekosystem?"

I swear I nearly dropped my drink, laughing so hard. I am mightily amused. [Image: happy.gif]

Anyone else heard any great lines lately?

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
Quote:I happened to be nearby at *just* the right time
What, you were just Roman?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Yeah. It's a rather Spartan office; lots of room to Rome around.

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs

MechaDeuce

*sigh* Of course.....you realize....

If you keep on in this way, you'll be gladius when it's over because prolonged punning on the Romans may be a bitter pilum to swallow. [Image: happy.gif]

Hey, I didn't even have to maniple-ate the conversation! (As in, I did it without any accomplices or cohorts...woohoo! ) ^_^

SkyKnight.
Well. I think I'm not going to bother with this. Nope. I'm going to hop off and take out some Cretians at Sparta.... Or maybe some Spartans at Crete. I
can never remember which.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI
Bella and Morgan in Romeland

"Jackie was here this afternoon. She said 'When in Rome do the Romans' which I suspect was a deliberate misquote."

That having been said Bella did an impromptu rendition of the 'Yes, no,no,no,no,no,yes," song from History of the World Part one when observing the
line of guards near Imperious. She made some big choices.

Shayne