Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Tenative Sunday - June 22, 3:00 EST - Shadow Shard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
IF I'm awake and aware enough to tank a TF by then (I have a dental appointment on the 20th), I'd like to challenge the Big Boy, Dr. Q.

http://cityofheroes.wikia.com/wiki/Dr._ ... Task_Force

Per PWiki, this is supposed to be 'one of the longest TFs in the game'

Given our speed through the Sara Moore TF, I think we can knock it out in 4:30-5:00 hours.

Thoughts?
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies
Sounds good
Sounds nice to me. I can't really be assured of my plans two weeks in advance, but if I can I will. Dr. Q is a 40-4 TF so if I can get a bit more XP on
Braende, I might bring her along. She -does- have Fly and Recall friend (Teleport too ) so it might aid in the transportation.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI
flying porters is really The One True Way. Group Fly is just too easily busted by Lag or a PC Hiccup or OOOooooh, a shiney!
Two weeks, eh?

I *think* can can attend. I'll know better as we get closer to it. By then I may have old Bill in the right range, or (if I get bitten hard by the BGC
bugs I see swarming around me) Nano Sabre, even. Of course, if ze heals are needed, Emerald's available too.

Tentative-probably yes from me, what alt I bring to be determined. Yay Task Forces!

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs

Render

I might be able to swing that. And I've never done any of the Shard TFs.

His Lovely Wife

I'm in. With a flying/healing/porter. I'll even look at getting her IO's now. Maybe :-p
Hm. The time is kinda awkward for me. I'll try to make it, but I really can't say for sure. I'll probably confirm yay or nay a few hours before the
proposed start time, on the day. But if I can make it, I'll certainly be there. We've got a good crew.
-- Acyl

CrimsonKMR

I can probably drag Nile out for this if needed... I think
There is no coincidence, only necessity....
- Clow Reed
I'm game just smack me or have Gigi smack me or whatever.
As a note, I appears as if I will be unable to attend Friday night ( EST ), as the Family is going off and away for the weekend+week. Should be available (With
possible exceptions): early/midafternoon Friday (Say, 1PM to 5PM EST) and after Friday.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

I'm gonna be cranking outta work as early as I can manage, I'll have myself and possibly be dual-boxing Gen', so we'll have basic transport,
DPS, and tanking..
Odd how these things happen. I was just informed in no uncertain terms that I will not be getting off work until late on Friday. I'll be getting home
around 9:30 Pacific, which is well after the time we discussed starting. If the TF is still going when I get back I'll happily join, but don't hold
everyone back just because of me.

Stupid work.

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
I'm just outside of the level req (38 1/2 as of tonight) so we'll have to see if I can hit 40 tomorrow sometime. If I can, and you want another tank to
join up, I'd be glad to. Something new for me to do!
We started last week Uni, sorry if this confused you =( We're discussing a next meeting.

.. On that note, to those concerned:

I've a trip to make with the Family Friday evening, that'll be about 3-3.5hrs down time for me. (Pack up, Drive, Get settled, and all) I expect to be
off around 6:30-7:00PM EST and settled an hour and a half or so to Spud's proposed arrival time, at about 10:00-1:30PM EST. I'll be keeping updated
here on Friday when I know more certain.
---

lol, yeah. I was confused, sorry bout that [Image: smile.gif]

Hope it goes well for you guys! Considering you've been at it for a while now... must have been quite a long TF.
*Laughs maniacally trailing off into sobs...*

You have NO IDEA....
Worse then our Positron adventure? Tongue
*Thinks*

No. Positron was STILL worse.

It's just that we've had to wait for so bloody long couple of people both said they weren't available to continue until Friday. That's five
DAYS later! Cyberman 8 is LOCKED AWAY until then! And the task force itself... gah. I don't get that sense of "we're just sending you to this
mission to FUCK with you!" like we got from Posi. We ARE able to get through the missions just fine.

Just... so... many... of... them....
And the annoyances of "Go here, fight "X" mobs... Door mish" followed by "go there, fight "Y" mobs... door mish."
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
While it still is vaguely possible that I might be able to check in for this, it is becoming increasingly unlikely. Do what you can with out me, I shall be
available Saturday for sure. I just hope I can be there for the last mission.
---

It is now quite clear I'll not be available for the start (Hopefylly will soon-ish after). You see why I dislike family trips hmm?
---