Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: 'Rivalry' Comments thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote: She and Syndesis have a strange relationship.
I'm having 'Final Flight of the Osiris' flashbacks, I must admit. Good stuff!
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies
Good call there, Wire; I've been trying to puzzle out what scene this piece was tripping off in my head. Smile

I really -really- like this bit. I always have a hard time writing in that style and usually end up taking another approach. Very well done.
(And now
I'm wishing, yet again, that I had mad artist skillz so I could draw this, because I can *see* it in my head, but I know if I put pen to paper it's
going to come out looking like Crayola meets the Drunken Monkey.)

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
I was trying something different. I'm glad you liked it. I don't typically write this way, but I figured I'd give it a shot. Probably needs a bit
of work.

That said, there's one element that's an established thing in my writing - when I do fight scenes, I don't usually describe the physical actions of
each character or their relative positions in great detail. Most of the prose concentrates on describing particular sensations and certain bits I want to
emphasise rather than a full blow-by-blow account. There's very little actual choreography - that's left to imagination.
-- Acyl