Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: ISP problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guys? I'm not going to be able to join you for very much. At all. Until my damn ISP gets something fixed. There's a loose connection somewhere in the
wires outside the house. It came loose in that godawful windstorm a couple weeks back in Texas. I know exactly what's happening. The sun heats the wires,
things expand and the connection goes *poof*.

At random intervals.

For random amounts of time.

Sometimes resetting the router seems to help. Sometimes it doesn't.

Based on past experience, it's going to take WEEKS of bitching, moaning, multiple trips by technicians out to the house - ALL of whom will swear up and
down that the problem is fixed, that it couldn't POSSIBLY be anything but inside my house - and calls to supervisors to tell them that NO, your damn field
techs did NOT fix it. It's at YOUR END, damn it! FIX it on the LINE or at the CENTRAL OFFICE. NOT at my house, DAMN YOU!

They don't want to own up to something that will cost them money to fix. If they can claim that it's within my house, then it's my responsibility.
BULLSHIT. This didn't start happening until after that storm.

But I know how the game is played.

In the meantime, I'll only be able to reliably get online from about 9 PM until about 9 AM.

It's going to be a long summer.
Ah geeze. I remember when I had the connection from hell that kept dropping at inopportune times. Here's hoping it's fixed sooner rather than later.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.