Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Nifty Bind Tricks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was beating my brains out trying to figure out how to set up binds for my new shiny Peacebringer the other day, and somebody -- I forget who, sorry -- asked
that I share if I ever figured it out.

Well, I figured it out, and it is -pretty-.

What I've got here is a method to set up a single keybind that can change what it does after each press. I'm using it to switch into Bright Nova form
-and- reset my power tray, then switch back out of BN and set the power tray back to what it was before. Same key.

You need two text files stored on your local drive to make this work. I'm going to list their contents first, then the line you need to use to start the
whole thing off.

Quote: pbbn1.txt

t "goto_tray 4$$powexec_toggle_on bright nova$$bindloadfile c:gamescityof~1covbindspbbn2.txt"

Quote: pbbn2.txt

t "goto_tray 1$$powexec_toggle_off bright nova$$bindloadfile c:gamescityof~1covbindspbbn1.txt"

And the line to start it off:

Quote: /bindloadfile "c:gamescityof~1covbindspbbn1.txt"

And that's it. All I have to do is tap T to switch to BN form, then tap T again to exit, and my trays are shuffled automagically.

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
That.... that's beautiful!

No, I really mean it, that's just -sublime-!

I gotta try this out...
Ha!

There's a similar trick for WoW macros, and I'd just been wondering if you could do it in CoH... Thanks!

--Sam

"Clown smash ALL!"
At one point I used that trick to make Nogi's Henches enact scenes from "The Princess Bide..."
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Wow. I need this now that I'm experimenting with Peacebringers.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
*scribbles notes furiously for future reference*

I've been using keybinds primarily for Mastermind control, but this is the first time I've really seen them expressly useful outside that AT.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."