Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: ISP problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fuck it. I give up. Since my ISP has decided to DICK with me tonight, I've lost all patience for dealing with it. I can't keep hopping back on every
fucking 10 minutes.

Sorry Ankh. I decided to bail after this last disconnect. I'm sick of the stress.

The bitch of it is - we had a technician here a few days again. He swore up and down it was fixed. *SIGH*

I KNEW this was going to happen. We're going to be going round and round and round all summer on this shit with my ISP.
Its quite alright. Hope it gets better for you soon.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI
If it helps any, the only method I found to get something actually fixed when my ISP was being stupid like this was to have the tech come out and demonstrate
the problem to him. Their line connectivity tests are crap; just because the circuit can complete doesn't mean it's operating at capacity (for
example).

Once I was able to demonstrate what was happening, even though I should never have had to go through so many hoops, they finally fixed it. (And be prepared
for them to argue "Well, it must be on THEIR end, then, your line is fine." No, my line is NOT fine, dumbass.)

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
Last time Bell fixed the phone line (phone out/high speed on) they took out the high speed - even though I warned them that I needed high speed more than
the phone and they were to ensure that it remained working.

I was so unimpressed with them, I sent the following to my service provider as a description of the Bell service.

The Bad Technicians at work.