Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: got my sleeves rolled up, got my brass knuckles in my pocket.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think you know what I want..
http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showflat ... er=8567445
Quote:The fifth and final mission.
You take
the helicopter behind Statesman to the final mission In this mission,
you end up on a ship docked in front of a long double corridor. Clear
all the mobs on the ramps and on both sides of the corridor. There’s a
courtyard beyond the corridor where you’ll find 4 AV’s; Mako, Black
Scorpion, Sirocco & Ghost Widow. All 4 are level 54. You want to
try to pull one at a time, but that is often difficult to do. The best
solution to them is to have a blaster snipe ONE of them and then accept
a TP back to the head of the corridor where the rest of the team is
waiting. Here’s a brief strategy for each of the 4 AV’s.
  • Mako:
    Mako
    is an AV level Stalker. Have the tank keep his attention while everyone
    drops debuffs on him and takes him down. At about 20% health, he will
    hit Elude; you must have enough tohit buffs to overcome this. Three
    stacked Tactics is enough, but if you don’t have Tactics, then everyone
    should eat a few yellow inspirations. With tohit buffs, Mako is easy to
    handle and goes down quickly -- without them, he’s nearly impossible.
  • Black Scorpion:
    Black
    Scorpion is an AV brute. Other than his hit points and resistance, he’s
    pretty ordinary as AV’s go -- taking him out is usually a non-issue.
  • Sirocco:
    Sirocco
    can be dangerous to squishie AT’s. He summons multiple tornadoes and
    has other AOE damage. Have the tank hold his attention and he goes down
    very quickly, the fastest of the four. If his aggro gets loose,
    however, he can quickly kill off defenders, controllers or blasters.
    Tanks and/or Scrappers shouldn’t have much problem with him, though.
  • Ghost Widow:
    Ghost
    Widow is unquestionably the most dangerous of the four AV’s. She has a
    MAG 100 hold that WILL hold any tanker thru his shields, and the hold
    does enough damage to one-shot a tank with DOT once his armors drop.
    She also has a melee heal that will heal off of all characters in melee
    range, and it will take her from 10% to full health by hitting 3
    characters.
    With all this, you may wonder how you handle her?
    Actually, if you’ve prepared ahead of time, she’s easy. Here’s the
    secret -- defender mez resist buffs. One kinetic can, if he does
    nothing else, keep 15 Increase Density buffs on the tank; a Stone tank
    running Granite and Rooted needs 6 of them to resist the hold; any
    other primary needs 8 of them. You can substitute Clear Mind from
    empathy or Clarity from sonic for Increase Density, but remember, your
    tanker needs 8 of them at all times.
    Now about her heal? Well,
    if the tank is taunting GW from range, she will never use her heal --
    she’ll be content to stand there and blast away at the tank, freeing up
    the rest of the team to dogpile on her and take her out with impunity.
    A tanker with 8 mez resist buffs can stand at range and taunt her
    safely, possibly assisted by an occasional heal. She will, however,
    occasionally get tired of blasting and decide to come into melee range
    of the tank. DO NOT ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN! Either the tank will need to
    continue falling back or you need to immobilize Ghost Widow.
    Fortunately, she’s easy to immobilize. I’ve seen two blasters manage it
    with their tier one secondary powers, and a controller or two can do it
    even easier. She has the cycling high hold resistance of all AV’s, but
    you only need a MAG 5 immobilize on her.
OK, we’ve taken out all 4 of the AV’s and watched Lord Recluse rant in his cutscene, now what?
Well,
there’s a trick to Lord Recluse . . . his towers buff his accuracy,
damage, regeneration and defense to ridiculous levels, but there’s
currently a loophole in his buffs. As long as nobody EVER gets into
aggro range of one of his towers, you can pull him all the way back to
the boat where his buffs go away, and the Longbow and Turrets can help
take him down. Here’s the method that we use for LR:
Everyone
EXCEPT for the tank and a blaster goes back to the ship and waits. The
tanker is at the head of the corridor, the blaster moves just barely
into snipe range of LR. At this point, someone at the boat starts TP on
the blaster. When the blaster sees the TP prompt, he starts his snipe.
As soon as it fires, he accepts the TP. LR comes running, the tank
taunts him at the head of the corridor and then also runs back to the
ship. Once LR reaches the gangplank of the ship, the tank goes to the
other side of LR to get LR to face away from the ship and the team. The
tank then moves into melee range and taunts. As long as the tank is
taunting in melee range, LR doesn’t summon his elite boss minions. The
tank turns LR away from the ship because LR has a nasty cone attack, so
you need to keep it away from the team. At this point LR has lost his
buffs and becomes relatively easy to take out. Remember, when he hits
roughly 15% health, he WILL summon hordes of minions – stay on LR and
he’ll fall quickly. At this point, the mission ends and you get your
reward screen, where you can choose between a synthetic HO, a rare
recipe or various SO's. If anyone needs the Aracnos Flyer badge, you
can go and kill it off at this point.
That’s the fastest and
easiest method for taking out Lord Recluse. If you insist on taking out
the towers, here’s a method for that, but it will take considerably
longer and lead to more debt. I’m listing it here in the interest of
completeness and in case the loophole of pulling him to the boat gets
closed:
OK, you’re gonna take the towers first, then LR . . .
well, I recommend having the tank and one empath pull LR to a corner
behind the red tower while the team takes down the red tower, followed
by the others. The tank taunts LR in melee range, pointing him away
from the team, while the empath heals the tanker and everyone else
kills the tower. LR’s damage is insane as long as the red tower is up,
so kill it quickly. While taking down each tower, the tower's repairmen
will spawn when the tower drops below 50%. Kill them before they can
heal the tower. The repairmen are only level 40, so they’re easy to
kill, but they can repair the towers VERY fast. Powers like Bonfire,
Hurricane, Ice Slick and Earthquake can help keep the Repairmen away
from the tower. Once all 4 towers are gone, you take out LR as in the
pulling method. The Arachnos Flyer can be a problem as it comes close.
It’s easiest to simply time your attack for just after the Flyer moves
past LR’s platform. You can safely engage the back two towers at any
time without drawing Flyer aggro, but for the front towers, you’ll need
to wait until the Flyer moves away. Taking out the flyer is a
possibility, but it respawns quickly, so this may not help.
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies
After Multiple Failed attempts Bella still hasn't finished this and wants to.

When?
Saturday, starting @ 10am EST?
*smacks fist into palm* Count me in. Mr. Whiskers has some unfinished business with that S.O.B.

Edit:

10am EST?!? Wire, you sadistic sumbitch. *grin* Guess I'm gonna have to stock up on caffiene, heh. I'll still be there, but expect zombie-like
levels of chat response. My trigger finger(s) should still be fine, though.

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
If I weren't working then... Alas.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
If I weren't sitting on a beach then... Alas.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
I'm in! That's a perfect time for me!

(Edit: My ability to be sympathetic to your plight is damn near zero, Bob. ^_^ )
Bad time for me. Pity, I really want to do this again. Good luck. I seriously think we as an SG have the raw firepower and right experience to do this now -
until recently we didn't.
-- Acyl
I've pulled a couple of datapoints from the official boards on this TF that I think will help-

1) Ghost Widow only heals if the _tank_ is in Melee, assuming the Tank has aggro. Taunting from range on an immobed target = strategy.

2) Ghost Widow can be immobed.

3) It's _possible_ that pulling LR to the ship will break his ties to the towers - this is an argued point, worth trying.

4) I'm bringing Mag this time unless we have no other option.

His Lovely Wife

I know I said I'd do three posi tfs in a row before doing this one again but I wants to see the end! Morgan or Min? And I might be able to convince Kyou to
switch her tanker over from Freedom for this. If she's not working.
Either way, I'd say - with the 'taunt from range' strat (if it works), a scrapper is not an automatic liability on this TF..
Alright. Your ideas sounds good to me. Let me point out a few things I have to say, from learnings from the run with Amber and then the Run with Emet.
Hopefully we can make this work and finish this TF.

-----
  • First of all, when I did this one on Amber, I honestly felt like a Bubble-bot on the fights with the Towers and Recluse, so I'd prefer to take this
    with Emet, unless you have a real need for Amber or you have another tank already lined up.

• Second, on the patrons, here are a few things I would like to point out.

• For Mako, we have plenty of yellows in the base that can be put to good use in this matter. Coupled with a Rad Debuffer, we should have enough to eat
      through his Elude. Emet can hold him with little worry, although he might get runny when he hits his elude, I've seen it happen before, but I
      don't remember it happening with Emet.

• For Scirocco, I can hold him most of the time with little worry, but he tends to swarm me with his sand storm/dust devils/tornado thingies, which is
      good since Emet can take it, but they really put a hit on perception, which means I can see him to taunt/attack him. Mud Pots can provide some suport,
      but I'd not trust it all on its own. I would like to have Clear mind or two to boost my perception back into normal ranges so I can resume
      smash.

• For Ghost Widow, with around 7 or 8 Clear Minds on Emet, I can withstand the Soul Storm, and the DoT is not worrysome if I'm not detoggled.
      Taunting at a range can work, and Emet does have a Immob that, I believe, cycles fast enough to stack, but I don't want to be the only one doing so.
      If this trick doesn't work, we'll have to kill her Heal!Fluffy ITF Style. With two blasters and a Rad debuffer, I think we'll have enough
      damage to gnaw away at her, if slowly. So long as we can take her down, time isn't much of my worry, if we start as proposed, in the morning.
      Blasters are nice here, but I don't want to exclude scrappers from the entire TF simply due to this fight.

• Alright then. With the patrons espoused I can move on to my experience with Laughing Boy himself. (i.e. Lord Recluse). The Trick with the pulling to the
    boat is rather ingenious, and I am willing to give it a go. Supposing it doesn't work, or we can't pull off the trick or what ever, we'll have to
    do this the old-fashioned way. Taking out the towers and then giving Chuckles a taste test of his very own home-grown Grandville Dirt.

• First thing to note is Emet CAN NOT kite him. I'll say that again. Emet CAN NOT kite him. With Granite and Rooted, kiting is not the way to go
      for Emet.

• Second to note, is with Heal-spam-support, Emet can survive his onslaught.

• With theses two things in mind, I propose that Emet holds Recluse, and Mag does whatever to keep the Banes he summons (10 or so Level 54
      Executioners, boss level) of the Tower killing teammates.

• When you kill the patrons, a cutscene begins and Recluse gets to deliver his monolouge that he prepared while we were fighting our way up. Anyway, he
      comes out of a door, and then runs to the center of a courtyard area to begin his speech. I think that that little alcove where he comes out of is the
      best place to hold him. So, the way to make this work, Emet will get with back to the doors and into the little corner there. Recluse will be facing with
      his back to the rest of the people, so hs cone attacks are good. Emmy will need to stay behind him, and with in range of healing Emet. If I can make this
      work, Emmy should be safe from getting the floor. Only hinge point is when Recluse summons his goons. I will need either a miricle to hold them all or
      Mag's assistance. The main point to keep in mind here is not to let them kill Emmy, or the tower killers.

• And on that note I will move onto the towers. The order to kill them in (supposing we don't pull off the boat-pull trick, which I hope works) is RED,
    YELLOW, BLUE, GREEN.

• The RED tower gives Recluse phenominal damage boosts and is the first target to go since he can and will drop Emet if I have no heal support.

• The YELLOW tower gives Recluse a immense ToHit buff, and makes his accuracy capped. Taking this down will provide a second layer of comfort for the
      tanks, and will also give other squishy a chance to avoid his oneshots on them.

• The BLUE tower gives Recluse an ungodly powerful Speed Boost. He has Near Mako-level Speed, quick recharge and capped recovery, with this tower.

• The GREEN tower gives Recluse a 4000-somthing heal every few seconds. It is of the least worry, since it does no harm to us, but must be taken down
      if we are to defeat him.

• Once a tower is damaged, and at 50% health, a spwan of Arachnos Repairmen will spwan in the general area of the tower. KILL THEM. KILL THEM! DO NOT
      LET ONE ESCAPE! If left to their own biddings, the can and will heal the tower in a few short moments, or if knocked away, rebuild any of the other
      detroyed towers the happen to come across. There is no way I can overstress the priority of their Execution. They are only level 40 minons, so as long as
      we have an AoE or two in the attack chain, they should be offed rather quickly. If one is running away, kill it as fast as possible.

• And another note, the Arachnos Flier. It follows a slow counterclockwise path around the Recluse Statue in front of the Towers. It passes with in Aggro
    range of the Front two Towers, the Yellow on the left (facing toward the Towers) and the Blue on the right, and spwans in the front center of that area. It
    is somewhat quick to take down, but respwans just as quickly. It drops copious numbers of Bane Spider Minons, and has its own few attacks. It is a
    complication worthty of noting, and can add frustraion when it aggros on the tower team.

---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI
I've read that thread some and it seems like they fixed the towers not affecting Recluse at the boat, now your best chance is to pull recluse by the red
tower and kill the red tower first then the tank's life is much easier without the massive damage buff. after the red tower goes joo all can go knock down
the other towers, and I read that bonfire is good to keep mobs away from the towers like the repairman if i read that right.
Quote:For Ghost Widow, with around 7 or 8 Clear Minds on Emet, I can withstand the Soul Storm, and the DoT is not worrysome if I'm not detoggled. Taunting at a range can work, and Emet does have a Immob that, I believe, cycles fast enough to stack, but I don't want to be the only one doing so. If this trick doesn't work, we'll have to kill her Heal!Fluffy ITF Style. With two blasters and a Rad debuffer, I think we'll have enough damage to gnaw away at her, if slowly. So long as we can take her down, time isn't much of my worry, if we start as proposed, in the morning. Blasters are nice here, but I don't want to exclude scrappers from the entire TF simply due to this fight.

If we can taunt-from-range.. that right there excites me.

_Holding_ LR at the red tower, so as to have support for the tank, was something I had not considered. Is there any information about what causes LR to summon his purple pals?
Bonfire. I would work in theory, yes. The only problem is, if the Repairmen get knocked back, they will inevitably come running back, or worse yet wander off
and rebuild a tower you've already killed. It is a good Idea, I tried the same with Force Bubble on Amber, only to get a resurrected Red Tower and a whole
lotta headache trying to take it down. The best, the only sure way to deal with these Repair men is to kill them with as much power as super-humanly possible.

--Edit to Add:

Wire: Recluses Summons his goons as a matter of course, and summons even -more- when he gets injured. ( I think at 25% You get two spawns worth ) There is no
way, short of holding him. (LOL Good luck...) I suggest the area by the doors simply due to is easy way to hold Recluse with his back to the support, and
mitigate his Cone/AoE affecting teammates.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

(mostly addressed towards Ankh's points)

Emmy can heal-spam and CM-spam all day long. END is not a problem for her. But the problem is -- and this is what kept causing issues last time we tried to
take down Laughing Boy -- the problem is his minions spot her even through her Freebird Stealth proc and each of them is capable of one-shotting her just as
much as he is. I can stack purples, and will, but even so, they are elite freakin' bosses and they are GOING to hit. To say nothing of when/if Chuckles
himself takes an interest in her (as happened once during the last run); she wasn't so much one-shotted as she was utterly annihilated.

So aggro management is an issue. When they didn't notice me, I was keeping Emet alive (and for that matter, I was keeping Wide Reciever alive, even though
he's not as tough as Emet is). But as soon as they notice me, I'm paste. And then I have to hosp, and run/fly/whatever back to the fight... and by
the time i get there we have dead tankage and a team wipe because Chuckles steamrolls the rest of the team trying to drop HIS towers.

So regardless of whether the towers can reach Laughing Boy by the boat or not, I suggest we pull him to the boat ANYWAY, if we can get him to follow. Drop the
flyer first, so we're not running through that gauntlet as well, and while it's down moon the big guy a few times and tell him his mother stank of
elderberries or something.

If I'm following correctly, this will, once he's at the boat, allow Emmy + Tank(s) to hold him (since, if she drops, she's RIGHT THERE to resume
duty), plus it might clear those goons he spawns from around the towers, letting the rest of the team unload on them and take them down fastfastfast. Then
they can join the fight by the boat and we mop up.

If it works that way, of course. Worth a shot?

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
sadly, I have work sat morning. Good luck guys
-Terry
-----
"so listen up boy, or pornography starring your mother will be the second worst thing to happen to you today"
TF2: Spy
Spud: Good Idea, pulling to the boat. We're going to do tanking a little differently this time than last. Previously me and Wide had been playing
Taunt-Tennis with Recluse. Wide would go in, get hem nice and steamed up, and then when he was low on health, Emet would step in and pull him off while Wide
healed. The only problem there being that Wide uses unstoppable in order to hold him, and it is hard to pull aggro from another tank. Also me and Wide were
trying to Kite him, and for Stone, Kiting doesn't work. No attention was paid to the hired goons.

This time we will have one tank with Healer support holding Chuckles (Presumably Emet, since defense tanks get hit very easily until yellow is down), and the
other tank keeping the goons off the healer. It is a very good idea to have them doing this at the boat, since you would be with in spitting distance of the
hospital, the only problem being when the Flier respawns, and decides to drop its own goons onto the team. If we can get the Red tower down before the flier
wipes out the Tower team, then all is well, and Emet's job as a tank will be considerably eased. When I did this with Amber, Wide would hit god mode and
then do ... something (Wasn't paying attention to tanks)... with Recluse while the rest of us scrambled to kill the towers. Once the tower went down, Wide
would inevitably crash, we would die and hosp, BUT! We would be ahead one tower. All that really matters is that we get down the tower -before- the team wipes.
If the tower goes down (And the GODDAMED EVIL REPAIRMEN don't rebuild it) then we have made sufficient progress, and shouldn't worry too much about a
wipe.

Sweno's lack of Rads does pose bit of a problem.... We would really need a good Debuffer to make this work..
---

A possibility for the repair bots: The AI doesn't like caltrops. If you throw down caltrops, bots will step out onto them, take damage, and then run away.
Mudpots may also have this effect. Laying caltrops, if you have them, at the base of a damaged pillar will most likely make them less likely to bumrush the
pillar in an attempt to fix it. Instead, you will get them rushing in, running away, and looping back. Although if the pillars are close enough together, the
loop might take them to one of the other pillars. In any case, if the caltrops are still there when they get back, the whole process repeats itself.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Mud Pots does not make things run away, as far as I can tell. This may be due to the immobilize or not. Regardless, the trick is not to keep the repairmen
away. It is to keep them dead. Unless you are able to all of the towers (alive or not) with caltrops, disaster may happen when the go wandering off. Ice Patch
is the only sort of thing I might think would work to this effect. They will be perpetually knocked down, as opposed to running away. You don't want them
running off. "The only good repairman is a DEAD repairman" when dealing with these things.
---

How feasable of an idea is it to try and use a controller to simply mez the repair men?
plausible, but Rain of Arrows or Bonfire or something is a better option.. they're grey and need to die. I can't find any profiles on the repairmen
that give weaknesses. Everything simply says they Need to Die.

http://cohvault.ign.com/static.php?page=stf_guide

provides an interesting 'AV Ledge' strat that should really help nullify the bane spiders, as well as the Flier.
I vote we try the ledge method first, if we have the necessary powers. That's farkin' brilliant and I'm ashamed I didn't think of it myself [Image: smile.gif]

--sofaspud
Well, Amber does have Force Bubble, but that strat is only for the final fight with Recluse once all towers are dead. So unless we have another tank lined up
and are fairly confident we can get the towers down, I would prefer not doing STF on Amber again on the sole basis of the very last fight.. I will if you all
want me to..
---

Current Reschedule is 1pm EST.. no way I'm gonna be able to make 10am EST, sorry about the miscalculation.
Pages: 1 2