Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Tank short on ITF? Well, don't panic.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So....after our rather...interesting ITF the other night, I was discussing this with Uni and discovered there was, in fact, something I didn't know about
the ITF parameters.

Apparently, the Nictii aggro radius is 80 feet. If you have ranged attacks that're longer than that, you can snipe them with impunity. They won't
react, won't move, won't heal themselves beyond normal health regen, and best of all, neither they nor Rommy will react to your presence. Useful for
taking out the healing or spamming Nictus early on, if patient, one can face Rommy wihtout his Nictus three.

The only downside is you have to weather the shockwave when one dies, known to most as Rommy's rez stun. Still, interesting strategy for when one lacks two
tanks.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."
We've done this before on one of our very early Legendary ITF runs - it takes a while but it does work. If I recall correctly we safely sniped the hell out
of one Nictus at least before beginning the fight proper.

There are other non-tank strategies for the ITF, mind you. An illusion or mind controller (or mind dom, fortunata, etc) can confuse Romulus, for example. I was
on a team that did this (a team from the Shield of Paragon, I hang out with 'em on occasion).

It's also possible to "hold" (I don't mean actual hold hold) Rommy with a couple of control and
debuff characters while the rest whack on the Nictus - separation of him and his friends is still ideal, I think, but you don't need a tank for it...a tank just does it best. A Brute's ghetto single-target gauntlet-alike will suffice; a Kheld Dwarf form
can manage it too.

You just need to, uh, rez the Brute and Kheld every once in a while. Likewise, this was also done by a Shield team. I lost count of the number of times the
Brute and Kheld faceplanted, but it did indeed work. =D
-- Acyl
Well, in theory, anyone with some modest damage output can hold the Healing fluffy alone, if the Tank can manage to hold Rommy and the other two all at the
same time. Trick is, the fluffies like to bundle, and it can be problematic to pull them apart. This was accomplished once after a little headache of who
should do what when I was the only tank Avail. (V had Sachie, and I wassking Cindy's Invuln/Axe tank up from 36)

As for confusing Rommy, you'd probably need either a Hastened/SB'd Mind Controller or a 2 or 3 of then to pull your confuse through the Purple
Triangles of DOOOOOM. It is possible though, given enough time and manpower... Makes me want to go with an all Mind Control team just to confuse everything in
the way. Just 'casue. [Image: happy.gif]

Then of course there is the long and painful method of killing them one by one, each separately. Given a little luck and high (or ranged) DPS, you can take
down them. I do remember when I was working with a group with Acyl, and it turned out we had to take on the healer. But the two Broadswords saved the day.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI