Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Halloween revealed... ZOMBIE INVASION!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Today had testing of a new Halloween invasion on the test server, and while I missed it, it looks very interesting...

On Thursday, July 31st we will be doing a brief test of the 2008 Halloween Event on the Training Room Test Server at 1:30 PM Pacific and running approximately
2 hours. Along with previous year's Trick or Treating we are also including a massive Zombie Apocalypse!

Zombie Apocalypse!

During the above testing time on the Training Room, be wary for the uneasy dead - they may assault any region in the game at any time! For those familiar with
the Rikti Invasions, the Zombie assaults function in much the same manner. After the Halloween event has concluded, there will still be a period of an hour or
more of occasional Zombie activity.

Apocalypse Associated Badges

There are a number of badges associated with fighting off hordes of Zombies. These badges correspond to overcoming each different Zombie type (Minions,
Lieutenants, Bosses and Elite Bosses) in certain numbers for each type.

Trick or Treating

Like the previous years Halloween Events, while the event is running players will be able to investigate various doors throughout zones that are level
appropriate for their characters to either receive a naughty Trick (the spawning of a number of different critters) or a special Treat. The Trick or Treating
aspect has changed slightly from previous years. Treats can be Inspirations, Event Salvage or Temporary Powers / Costumes. For more details (spoilers) about
last year's Halloween Event, visit the excellent player created resource Paragonwiki.

We have made some adjustments to Trick or Treating based on your feedback from previous years. For this test, we would like your feedback about how often
Tricks or Treats are given out, as well as the frequency you can Trick or Treat, and the spawn sizes encountered when you get a Trick while part of a group.
The current parameters are as follows: A person can only click on a door once every 5 minutes. When they click the door, their name is added to a list kept on
the door. If their name is on the list, they can't use that door. That list is cleared every 5 minutes. There is a 10 second timer preventing you from
clicking another door immediately. Spawns will spawn according to the team size of the player opening the door. If the spawns have no one to fight for a period
of time, they move to a door and leave. If they can't get to a door, they will just fade out.
awesome awesome awesome

pics are on CoH LJ community

http://community.livejournal.com/city_of_heroes
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies
I think the world must be going crazy. That or Skye has finally twisted some Dev's arm hard enough to get ideas in. I very well remember him talking first about a Zombie Invasion Zone event for Talos. Then it went to being both a zone event and TF-Spawned thing. Which then was ported to Redside too. It went down hill from there.... Anyway! This is a good idea, nonetheless.
--
Edit to add Skye's description of the Event:
--
06-23-2008 02:48:16 [The Legendary]Arachnos X: Speaking of Zombies?
06-23-2008 02:48:28 [The Legendary]Arachnos X: Best suggestion I've -ever- seen for a zone event.
06-23-2008 02:48:35 [The Legendary]Arachnos X: Talos Island: The Mists of Astoria.
06-23-2008 02:48:38 [The Legendary]Ankhani: Zombie attack?
06-23-2008 02:48:41 [The Legendary]Arachnos X: There's no zone warning for people in Talos Island.
06-23-2008 02:48:53 [The Legendary]Arachnos X: Suddenly, the entire zone is misty, identical to Astoria's misty-ness.
06-23-2008 02:49:11 [The Legendary]Arachnos X: Two seconds later, the warning comes up, at the exact same time as the event starts:
06-23-2008 02:49:26 [The Legendary]Arachnos X: ADAMASTOR AND HIS LEGIONS HAVE BROKEN THE WAR WALL.
06-23-2008 02:49:39 [The Legendary]Arachnos X: Adamastor rises somewhere in the waters, lurching his way towards the shores of Talos.
06-23-2008 02:49:48 [The Legendary]Arachnos X: As he's going, Zombies rise from the ground.
06-23-2008 02:49:59 [The Legendary]Arachnos X: To prepare the way for their dark god.
06-23-2008 02:50:04 [The Legendary]Arachnos X: Imagine it:
06-23-2008 02:50:09 [The Legendary]Arachnos X: Mists all over Talos, people in the AH.
06-23-2008 02:50:12 [The Legendary]Arachnos X: Suddenly, they look up.
06-23-2008 02:50:22 [The Legendary]Arachnos X: Zombies pounding on the ceiling of WW.
06-23-2008 02:50:36 [The Legendary]Arachnos X: For the duration of this event, by the way, Wentworth's and the Hospital's auto-kill zones are removed [as well as debt].
06-23-2008 02:50:46 [The Legendary]Arachnos X: So guess what?
06-23-2008 02:50:54 [The Legendary]Arachnos X: Everyone is LITERALLY a zombie horror movie character. >D
06-23-2008 02:51:00 [The Legendary]Arachnos X: Take shelter inside buildings
06-23-2008 02:51:05 [The Legendary]Arachnos X: Cluster together
06-23-2008 02:51:19 [The Legendary]Arachnos X: Fight off the Zombie Hordes, and when Adamastor hits the shore, take his ass down by fighting your way through the hordes.
06-23-2008 02:51:29 [The Legendary]Arachnos X: Tell me, tell me, TELL ME that wouldn't be THE MOST AWESOME EVENT.
--
And it goes on from there, but that's all the relevant/useful info.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI
If they're gonna do this, they need a Chainsaw skin for the Broadsword or Katana powersets. 'Cause ya know, it's not Zombie Apocalypse without Mr.
Ashley J. Williams, Housewares.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
If they do it at all, it'll probably be a costume option you get by earning a badge.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.