Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Working on a story, need input
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My question is this: has it been established whether or not we have a Legendary base AI?

I don't need details on personality, I just need to know if there is one, as it affects how the character would interact with the computer system. Anyone
know?

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
I don't think it's ever been established one way or the other.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
I think there is a toon who is supposed to be the base AI - I just don't remember the name off the top of my head. You might want to ask Logan, as
Lora'Lai is the base architect and really is the party responsible for decisions concerning base tech.

Shayne
I tried to roll the 'mobile telepresence avatar' of one a while back, called SHAVI. The idea never really went anywhere, but she was modeled sort of
after Cortana in appearance.
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
Logan did say...

Quote:On a related note, I just realized - Mirami should have a new friend in the form of the new base computer AI. (Evil Grin)

... So yeah, ask him. '.'

(Mirami, while an AI, who is sometimes *in* the base, and might even take naps inside the base's computer system, would probably not qualify for what you're asking about...)

-Morgan.
There is - in fact - supposed to be a Base AI now. That new control room? All that nifty cool overhead equipment? That's it.

I haven't defined it too far. Just that I pictured her looking (at least initially in base form) something like Cortana. I think we'd established that
it was a young personality. Newly formed. Has a... juvenile sense of humor. But has a sense of responsibility too. Ever read any Heinlein? Think
"Mike" from The Moon is a Harsh Mistress or Athena from The Cat Who Walks through walls.
So no real characterization yet, but there IS a base AI. Cool beans, works for me. I don't -need- the base AI to be a character, I just need to know how
so-and-so's going to interact.

Basically, the difference between:

I punched in the search parameters and sat back to wait.

vs:

"Hey, here's what I need. Gimme a hand?"

So. Final question: is the name SHAVI, or not?

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
Advanced Legendary Intelligence Coordination Enhancer?

Or ALICE for short? [Image: smile.gif]
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."