Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Tales of the Legendary/Riot 6.1: First Date
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Alice emerged from the bases entrance portal, looking around the lobby of Riot 6.1s headquarters. Even after joining the Legendary, she'd still come here
regularly, often just to talk with her friends in the Supergroup. Using that knowledge, she rapidly guessed just where her target was, and went through the
medbay into the control room.

As expected, she found Inyme sitting at the main computer terminal, browing through the groups database. Alice looked at her for a moment, taking in the sight
of Inyme in the jumpsuit she'd come to use as her 'out of armor' wear (Alice still hadn't managed to get the dimensional wandered to understand
the concept of fashion. It was quite cute actually). "Reading up on potential enemies?" she asked with a smile.

"Pretty much," Inyme replied, adjusting the slight glasses she adopted out of her armor.

"Be sure to read the Legendary's files too... They've got more info then Riots," the catgirl noted

She nodded. "What're you doing around here at the moment?"

"Looking for you actually," Alice said, as Inyme looked up, eyes moving to the Archers shoulder and noting a distinct lack of talking cat.

"Really?" she asked, curious.

Alice smiled, wishing for a moment she hadn't figured out how to dim the magical glow from her eyes, as it would have hidden the rather nervous look on her
face. "I was wondering if you might wanna go catch a movie or something..."

"...I guess so," she replied, a slighlty blank look on her face.

"Friday?" Alice asked. "Around seven?"

"Sounds good."

"Great! See you then," she smiled, heading back out towards the teleporters with a slight spring in her step. She bounced past an amused looking
Ifrit, who turned to watch her leave. "Hmm," she said, sipping her coffee. "What brought her here?"

"She wanted to know if I was free to see a movie on Friday," Inyme said, not looking up from the terminal that had all her attention again.

One of Ifrits long ears twitched in curiousity. "Really?"

"Yes," the darker woman replied. Ifrit looked at her for a moment, then laughed softly in understanding.

"Ah, there's something you still haven't learnt about our world," she grinned, sitting down.

"Hmm?" Inyme said, looking up

"She was asking you out," she said

"...yes?" she said, as if she'd comprehended that perfectly fine and what was the problem again?

"On a date," she chuckled.

Inyme tensed, expression shifting to poorly concealed surprise. "...oh," she managed after a moment.

"Ah, you know that word," the guardian spell joked.

"..yes."

"And you look like you're not sure what to make of it," she said, leaning back in her chair and studying her. Despite the relaxed look on her
face, Inyme could easily sense the focus behind it.

"I....I'm not. I know this is not unusual, but I....I'm unsure of what's expected of me," she admitted.

"Well, that depends on what you want to do about it... She likes you."

"I knew that," she said, clearly missing the concept again.

"In the romantic sense," Ifrit clarified

"...oh," she said softly, drawing a soft smile from Alices psuedo-mother. "...what do I do?" she wondered.

"Well... how do you feel about her?" Ifrit asked.

"She makes me feel different....than any of you do...I haven't felt like this...ever. I don't know what it is," she admitted, honestly. Her
mind drifted back to the night Alice had trusted her with the secret of the Rikti's origins, of the catgirl falling asleep in her lap, that sleepy kiss...

"... Something wrong?" Ifrit asked, noticing the other womans expression shift slightly

"It's nothing," she said, a hand straying to her cheek unconciously. "I...is it okay for me to tell her yes when I don't....know for
sure?"

"I'd consider telling her you're not quite sure," she said. "You two have always been pretty honest with each other, no reason to change
that."

Inyme thought about that, then nodded. "Okay...thank you."

Riot's leader held the smile for a moment. "Either way... be careful with her."

"...careful?" she asked, confused.

She leaned forward, a stern expression forming. "She means a lot to me. If you hurt her..."

"I wouldn't!" she blurted out suddenly, before her eyes widened at the uncharacteristic explosion as if it'd been another person.

The stern look faded to a satisfied smile. "That answers the question for me," she said, standing up.

Inyme blinked at her again, her mouth somewhat open and it seemed to Ifrit that the helmet's protection of her body might not be the only reason
Inyme'd preferred to wear it in front of people for so long. She smiled at the expression, pattting the girl on the shoulder as she headed out. Inyme
frowned as she watched the winged figure depart, not sure if that'd gone as well as it could have, but not really sure why.

Ifrit smiled as she stepped into the workshop, placing her coffee on a shelf and pulling out her phone. She HAD to tell Nene about this.

The doors of the Silky Doll swung open smoothly, and Sylia Stingray stepped out to serve the new customer, only to blink slightly at the sight of Alice in her
full human form, lacking Neko on her shoulder. It seemed the girl wanted to keep this quiet... if only because Priss, Nene and Rhea left her bright red any
time the topic of the Dolls primary merchandise came up (The last one unintentionally).

"Hi Sylia. Um, I need your help," Alice said.

"Oh?" she said, keeping an innocent look on her face. She knew damn well what the girl was here for, as Nene had texted the entire circle of friends
with the news that Alice had finally worked up the courage to pop the question.

"I asked Inyme out to a movie, and well..." She looked nervous for a moment as Sylia let a small smile form. "Well, I was hoping you could help
me look good for it/"

"Ah...well, the question is...do you think Inyme would really recognize fashion concepts like mine?"

"Um, maybe..." Alice said as she let herself be led out the back into the 'hidden' section of the store Sylia used to cater to heroes and
other metahumans. As she shifted to her normal form, revised that statement. "Probably not."

The older woman smiled in gentle amusement at that. "Well...she started wearing other things than her armor, right? What strikes you as her sense of
fashion?"

"Um, pretty simple really," Alice admitted.

"So let's go with that," Sylia said with a smile. "Nothing fancy, like a dress or anything...just something that highlights you..."
Alices smile was brighter then her eyes, it seemed. Before long, they'd worked out a simple ensemble that clung to Alice's legs yet highlighted her
curves above without clinging like spandex, on top of some plain sandals. "I think it looks good on you," Sylia smiled.

Alice posed in front of the mirror, unable to stop smiling. "You think she'll like it?"

"She appreciates simple things, from what I can tell...which means she's more likely to pay attention to what lies underneath than what you cover it
with...so the best bet is to accentuate that as subtly as possible," the expert replied. Alice grinned at her, tail waving. "You'll look
fine," she added.

Alice darted over, hugging her and drawing an even wider smile from the woman. "What do I owe you?"

"Nothing," she smiled. "I'm allowed to spoil family every now and then." That got a delighted giggle from the girl as she went and got
changed back into street clothes. In an impressive display of self control, Sylia managed to wait until Alice had left before pulling out her phone and calling
Nene with an update.

Friday took forever to come, from Alices point of view. Even dealing with Crey operatives in the RWZ wasn't enough to keep her mind off the topic, as she
found herself imagining a thousand and one different dates, some of which she wouldn't even tell Neko about.

Eventually though, the night came, and Alice found herself waiting nervously. Nene was pulling apart a cell phone for parts, with Neko sitting on her shoulder
watching, when the doorbell rang. Ifrit went to answer the door, insistent that she do it (What was with her this week anyway?), leaving Alice trying not to
pace in front of Neko and Nene as Ifrit.

The Lady of the Peace was greeted by an Inyme that'd obviously taken a slight, if inept, attempt to spruce herself up. Her hair was different, and
obviously recently cut at a local barbershop. She looked up. "Is Alice in?

She smiled in response. "Waiting for you," she said, moving aside.

Inyme looked nervous, but schooled her expression tightly as she stepped inside. Nene, who'd not seen Inyme's new look yet, resisted the urge to
whistle. She nudged Alice. "Face it, tiger. You've just hit the jackpot."

Neko smiled, noting that Alice had stopped paying attention to her. "Hi," she managed.

"Hey," Inyme responded. "Ready to go?"

"Yeah... you look nice."

"...thanks," she said, as Nene restrained the urge to giggle at the awkwardness. Taking the initiative, she stood up, motioning Alice forward.
"Go on...you'll miss your movie otherwise," she grinned, scratching Neko's ears.

Alice made a surprised noise as she was pushed up close to Inyme

Inyme seemed to be fine enough with it, turning slightly to let her past towards the door. That, or she was just quicker to recover than Alice.

Alice let a smile form on her face as she stepped outside, staying alongside Inyme as she listened to the emotions and stray thoughts coming from the other
woman. Inyme's surface thoughts weren't half as secure as she looked on the outside, and the fact Alice could detect them at all, compared to her
friend's...her girlfriend's? training showed that Inyme didn't feel the need for shields around her.

That brought a smile to her face as she dropped her own shields. Sure, Inyme could probably pass them without noticing... but she felt it was important to
invite her in. Inyme looked over at her, the dark skinned woman somewhat surprised by the sudden action. Alice merely smiled, radiating simple satisfaction,
and more then a bit of nervousness still.

As they reached the lift, she reached out, taking Inymes hand, her slight nervousness still visible on her face. It was an instinctive reaction really, and
neither of them noticed they'd intertwined their fingers until it had happened.

The telepathic link seemed to intensify, Alice closing her eyes for a moment and letting the delight flow though her. There was no way she could explain how
right this felt, both the physical contact and the greater bond.

I was thinking about the movie, she said, neither of them noticing her mouth wasn't moving, even as the glow in
her eyes dropped to near invisible levels. Images of trailers and ads flickered between them, all remembered from when Alice was watching television.

Oh? Which one?

Well, there's all the hero ones, but we get enough of that during the day... Nene mentioned Wall-E, she said, as
Inyme got a glimpse of an oddly adorable little robot.

...that one sounds good.

It shifted into a comfortable silence, the only thoughts really passing through Alices mind being wonder at the sensation of Inymes thoughts and the physical
contact, a soft purring starting to develop in her chest.

As they walked, an odd conversation began to form, Inyme asking questions of the movie while Alice answered, never noticing she wasn't actually talking. It
was wonderfully calming, leaving the both of them rather relaxed as they arrived at the cinema. To Alices mild surprise, it was rather quiet for a Friday, and
they got right up to the counter without waiting.

Two for Wall-E please, she said, reluctantly letting go of Inymes hand to open her purse and fetch some money. The
person at the entryway blinked in surprise, but nodded, taking their money and handing them the tickets. Alice smiled, even as her hand sought out Inymes
again.

You'd think he'd never seen a catgirl before, she chuckled

Mmm... Inyme nodded.

We're hardly a rare breed in this city, she joked. Inyme could almost taste the comfort that passed through Alice
at that. Where once, her changing body had left her uncertain and nervous, there was now a sense of pride in the body she now saw as herself. It brought a
smile to her face as they got snacks.

Quote:Priss, Nene and Rhea

oh god.. no.. please no..

good stuff!
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies
"The problems of a rikti survivor and a catgirl don't mean a hill of beans in this crazy world..."

"Then why is everyone watching?"

".... good point."

Looks good so far.
(Fair Warning, spoilers for WALL-E in this scene. If you haven't seen it, do so NOW Tongue )

As the movie started, there were tiny moments where Inyme was asking questions, taking advantage of the fact that they didn't need to speak vocally
anymore. Not for the first time, Alice found herself wondering about Inymes homeworld, how different it must be from Earth... but as always, she kept those
thoughts down, not wanting to make it harder for the darker woman.

She saw such a moment again as, on screen, Wall-E looked up at the distant stars, playing a song on his internal tape deck. Next to her, Inymes face softened
slightly as emotions rose up. Lonliness, grief, despair... Even with Alice, and the friends she'd made in the Legendary and Riot 6.1, she was a stranger on
a world alien to her own.

She squeezed Inymes hand gently, her affection and compassion passing between them. Maybe you'll get to take me there
some day.

Inyme blinked, clearly not aware Alice had felt that. There was an odd confusion in her thoughts at the concept. ....maybe...one day, she said, with a wistfulness behind it. She let her presense stay close to Inyme, providing what comfort she
could... meaning that when Wall-E fumbled around, it was overlaid perfectly with the mental of Nene in her morning daze, stumbling around in a robe as Ifrit
steered her with the voice of experience.

Inyme actually cracked a smile at that for a moment, getting the joke in a way she probably wouldn't have otherwise. The catgirl smiled as well, grateful
to see the moment pass. The movie continued on, Alice giggling at Wall-Es exploration of humanities mess. Inyme generally didn't get most of it beyond the
most basic humorous concepts, but she was definately enjoying herself, much of it directed at her date.

Then the sky exploded, the movie gained it's other main character... and Alice was left marveling at the pair communicating so well, with merely a handful
of words, relying more on actions, gestures and emotions. I guess you don't always need words, she mused.

No...not always, Inyme noted, a hint of wry irony present in her aura.

Alice glanced over at her for a moment, then blinked We're not actually talking, are we? she realized, surprise
rippling over.

We haven't been for some time. There was a soft sense of wonder that earned a soft laugh from Inyme. I thought you knew.

I had no idea.

That's why the ticket person reacted like he did.

Alice paused, then blushed slightly, embarrassment rippling through. Oh, that must have looked weird.

Inyme smiled, shifting her main attention back to the movie, with the occasional conversation that showed their different perspectives. While Alice paid
attention to Wall-E finding his world turned upside down, Inymes attention was on Eve and her directive. The catgirl would have been left somewhat confused,
but like always, Inyme was always happy to talk to her, to teach of her homeworld while she learnt about this one. It had helped Alice to understand the woman
so many times in the past.

As the two robots danced through space, Alice noticed her head was resting on Inymes shoulder. She wondered about it for a moment, unsure of when it happened,
but that was classed as unimportant as she found herself imagining dancing in the air with Inyme like that. That daydream left a slightly silly smile on her
face for a portion of the movie

Towards the end of the movie, Alice felt an odd shift in Inymes attention, going from Eve to... the ships autopilot? Disapproval, some understanding, and
concern for some reason. It was an odd one, but she was too comfortable to pursue the concept right now.

Eventually, they were leaving the cinema and walking through the streets again, enjoying a comfortably warm evening. As they walked, they didn't break
physical contact the whole time, fingers remaining laced together as much as possible. Interesting movie, Alice said.

Yes...it really was, Inyme agreed. Alice smiled, leaning against her.Inyme went with the mood, letting her and putting
an arm around her side. The catgirl smiled, enjoying the sensations. I might have to see that again some time... Thanks for
inviting me, she said.

I wouldn't invite anyone else, she replied, other emotions passing through the bond. Very strong emotions.
Affection, compassion, need.... Love? Her right arm slid around Inymes waist as she started purring. So... who was your
favorite?

I....I'm not sure. Either Eve....or maybe the auto-pilot. That got a curious sensation from Alice as she looked
up. I mean....I...used to be...a soldier...I can understand his perspective....he was obeying orders...

Yeah, but... the situation had changed. His... commander was dead and gone, the situation had changed...

I know...but sometimes...it's hard to change.

I guess, when it's all you know... Alice admitted, her attention on the sensations coming from Inyme. They were
mostly the same as when the autopilots actions had been revealed, but stronger now, thanks to the fact she was thinking how it applied to her.

And he didn't have the time Eve did..to learn...adapt...he was forced to make a choice with no prep time, Inyme
said, considering.

Except the moment Eve arrived, he ordered the plant destroyed... He had Gopher take it just before he woke the captain... He
wasn't willing to adapt.

Inyme paused for a long moment, then nodded. It was clear that something about the concept worried her.

What's wrong?

I....I guess I saw a little of myself in him, Inyme said. Alice looked at her, confusion passing between them.
Like I said...I used to be a soldier...I could understand that mindset....I could understand it a little too well for
comfort.

Alice looked at her, then nodded. Well, if you ever have a choice like that ... you don't have to make it alone.
Inyme could feel easily Alices wants and needs, and at the top of that list was a need to help Inyme, no matter what the cost. Inyme looked at her, and
reassurance rippled between them.

Alice purred softly, rubbing against her. Inyme let herself be comforted, trying to put worries out of her mind as she let the catgirl cuddle. Alice didn't
even notice where they were going, until they stopped in front of her apartment building. Inyme blinked, looking up. Oh...we're here.

Oh... Already? she wondered.

Yeah....short walk, huh?

Too short, she sighed, finding the thought of breaking contact with Inyme to be horrible. I had fun, she said, moving around in front of her, lacing her fingers between Inymes again

So did I, she replied. Alice smiled, then leaned forward. Inyme didn't move as Alice kissed her, lips meeting. Her
mind seemed to freeze as feelings flowed through them both, the link letting them experience what the other was feeling, in body and mind. After a long moment,
Alice broke the kiss with a small gasp.

Inyme looked like someone had dumped a bucket of ice down her back, her eyes wide and her expression....just....shocked, if not in a bad way. For a moment, the
only noise Alice was able to make was a soft mew

"I..." Inyme said, too stunned to speak through the link. Alice rubbed her thighs together slightly, still tingling, then leaned up to kiss her
again.

Inyme didn't resist, but Alice had a clear indication that her chosen target of attraction had absolutely no previous experience or idea how to react in
this situation. Alices pleasure rippled through the link as this second kiss lingered, but it was clear she was working it out for the first time as well.

The sound of the wind blowing down the street immediately brought Inyme's attention off the kiss and onto the possibility of someone seeing them. That
managed to snap Alice back to reality and she broke the kiss, looking flushed. I'll see you tomorrow? she asked.

Yeah, she said, her thoughts both grateful and disappointed that Alice hadn't invited her in. It was obvious she
didn't know what to do next any more than Alice did.

Mum might get a little too overprotective, she said, picking up the thought.

Mum?

Alice blinked. Uh, Ifrit, she said, not sure what to make of that. Why would she... Anyway, I should get going, she said reluctantly, wanting to stay.

"...yeah," she said, before leaning in to give her a quick kiss on her cheek and then breaking the embrace. "....I'll see you tomorrow
then.." Alice held onto Inymes hand for as long as possible, watching her head down the street before stepping inside and heading for the lift... oddly
enough, she could still sense her quite easily. Inyme didn't seem to be aware of it yet, her mind still whirling from the date.

Giggling slightly, Alice went up to her floor and walked along the hall, tying to find her keys. She felt Inyme rapidly speed off, teleporting to the Legendary
base and then back home to Galaxy in a matter of minutes.

"I'm home," she said as she came through the door, remembering to actually speak

"Evening, Alice. Have a good time?" Nene asked from the kitchen where she was nursing some hot chocolate in a night robe she'd gotten from Sylia.

"It was great," she said. "Inyme was... it was great," she repeated, drawing a gentle laugh from Ifrit, who was putting her own cup in the
sink.

"Inyme was...?" Nene smirked.

She blushed, drawing a louder laugh from Ifrit. "I'm glad you had a good time," she said, ruffling the girls hair. "Wanna share the
details?"

"Actually... tomorrow morning?" she asked, holding back a yawn.

"Sure," Nene grinned. "Get some sleep. You look like you've gone five rounds without a break." The smirk on her face was perfectly
designed to wonder just what those five rounds were of.

A blush got though Alices facial fur as she rapidly said her good nights. Ifrit giggled as she watched her go. "You're terrible."

"I said nothing off-color in the least," she noted primly.

"Uh-huh," Ifrit smiled. "You've been around your sisters too long," the fey teased.

Nene snickered. "So, decided if you need to buy a shotgun yet?" she responded, getting a giggle from Ifrit for it.

"Oh, I'm still considering it," she admitted. "Now, are you going to be playing with your computers all night?"

"Hey, I sleep!"

"I sleep better when you get a full nights sleep."

"I am not that loud," Nene noted, sticking out her tongue. "Unlike some people."

Ifrit merely raised an eyebrow, before heading off to bed herself

"Don't get TOO lonely," Nene called after her in amusement, before going back to the laptop on the kitchen counter. There was a musical giggle
from the hallway.

Meanwhile, Alice had gotten undressed and headed for bed, stopping to pet Neko, who was well and truly passed out in her basket. Once she was under the
blanket, her mind wandered back to Inyme.

She smiled softly, closing her eyes and imagining her. In moments, she was greeted by an image of a similarly unclothed Inyme dozing fitfully in her own bed
Without thinking about it, she cuddled up against her, wanting to feel that contact again. Inyme stopped rolling around, slipping into the embrace and dropping
into a proper sleep. I love you, Alice thought softly, slipping off to sleep herself.

(Thanks to OpMegs for all his help with this story. The dialogue and actions were all done in AIM, and I edited it to a story format afterwards, so make sure
you give him equal credit folks Tongue)
yeay! More from our favorite rikti and catgirl pair. The parallels drawn between the characters are very aproprate. I'm looking forward to more.
-Terry
-----
"so listen up boy, or pornography starring your mother will be the second worst thing to happen to you today"
TF2: Spy