Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Proof of Concept: 4 Knight Sabres/Call for more
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OpMegs and Matrix,

I told you I would produce a pic with the 4 Sabres together... well here it is:

[Image: movie_00402.jpg]

Direct link

All this was basically inserting the Sabres into an existing demo, so it didn't take long to do... to produce the image I am working on will take a little
longer.

Now the call goes out however to the other Sabres and anyone else that wants to appear in the above pic... if they want to appear in it, I'll need a demo
of them, and their costume.

The command is /demorecord where is some unique name. After a you do what you want/change
outfits/move/complete a mission/want to stop recording use the command /demostop. You will find a text file with a
.cohdemo extension in the /client_demo directory in you games directory. Send me the fiile and I'll put you in the above pic. Send the demos to either my
box here or to microshade at yahoo dot com dot au.

Or you could get someone that knows how to record the demo for you.

That is if its ok with OpMegs and co.

Shader
That is so damn cool
*whistles* A groupshot of all the Sabres currently on the roster could get rather crowded, but it'd be kinda awesome. I'll need to record demos for the
other ones I have now. [Image: laugh.gif]
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."
Oh, too cool. I'll send a demo of Nano Sabre later on today.

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
Hum. Soon as I can get a steady 'net connection I'll do the same for Mirage.
I'll probably find some time to give you the Demo parts of the Costume. I'll Email you them when I can.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI
I'll send a demo of Range Saber later tonight, I don't have the time to do it right now. Maybe I'll even get the rename function to work first, so
her name doesn't break the pattern...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
I -think- that you can tweak the demo file to change the name of what it is recording, if you don't want to spend 10 dollars on a screen shot. Just so you
know.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

Nah, I've been trying to change the name for months now, but the name changing thing just gives me a progress bar and then sits forever. If it's
unnecessary, well, then, cool.
-- Bob
---------
Update: Range Saber demo file saved and winging its way to you right now.
-- Bob
---------
With regards to the name change function - yeah, it does seem to crap out from time to time in the bit where it actually charges your credit card. Or perhaps
before that; I presume there's some issues connecting to the payment server.

Mostly, if it doesn't work...try again later, or during an off-peak period if you can manage it. That's worked for me, the...hn, I dunno, couple times
I've used the new paid services (moved one character a while back, renamed another last week).
-- Acyl
Quote: Acyl wrote:

With regards to the name change function - yeah, it does seem to crap out from time to time in the bit where it actually charges your credit card. Or perhaps
before that; I presume there's some issues connecting to the payment server.

Mostly, if it doesn't work...try again later, or during an off-peak period if you can manage it. That's worked for me, the...hn, I dunno, couple
times I've used the new paid services (moved one character a while back, renamed another last week).
I've had the same problem with the "buy more slots" option. Sometimes it just doesn't want to work, and others it works just
fine.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."
Helps if you try it at off-peak times.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Nano Sabre demo file flushing through the pipes now.

(What? That's the right phrase, innit? [Image: smile.gif])

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
And the file is away. Look for subject 'Swift Sabre CoH Demo'
---

Mirage Sabre demo in the mail.
Wow. Time for the whole army to appear, eh?
-- Bob
---------
I don't need to make a Saber. I have Senoku, and he's sentai enough for an entire season.
Ok... here is an interim shot of it work in progress, yes it is smaller so that it doesn't break the forum as much. Don't worry the final version will
be available in both sizes.

[Image: movie_00330.jpg]

Direct link

There might be a little bit of shuffling to do... we'll have to wait and see. Mirage, Swift and Nano arrived in the email just as I logged on so they will
be added soon. As you can see, there is quite a bit that I can do, like fix Range's name... [Image: smile.gif]

I'm not sure if Sylia, Nene, and Priss will appear in the final verison though... they got included as a bit of a laugh... and off to one side is a
motorcycle. I kid you not - if only it would behave itself and not try to run the Sabres over or park on the stairs. How Priss puts up with them I don't
know.

The final verison will probably be without the names, and the camera might need a little tweaking up.

Anyone else to go in/comments?

Shader.
A motorcycle? Seriously? That'd be cool!

Anyway, for my bit... Nano is one of, if not the, only Sabres with flight capability, and in-character tends to hover instead of stand (mostly because I'm
too lazy to turn flight on and off all the time); if it helps any feel free to make her hover in the back or whatever, to free up standing room.

--sofaspud
Very nice indeed. Can't wait for the final version -- presumably they'll be staggered a bit more so they're a bit more visible.

(And yes, once I looked at the contents of the demo file, I knew it would be trivial to fix Range Saber's name.)
-- Bob
---------
I can't help myself..whenever i see Gauche Saber My mind goes "LOL Bannana Saber" And givin her color scheme.. I'm sure you can't blame
me *grin*
It amuses me that Demo successfully managed to be the tallest Sabre out of the group thus far, given that was the intent the entire time. [Image: laugh.gif]
---
waste."
Yes we have a "Banana Sabre" but no bananas today... [Image: smile.gif] and a motorcycle, granted its not the Highway Star, but its just as hard to control.

Interim Shot #2

[Image: movie_00200.jpg]

Direct Link

As I haven't gotten any more Sabres... I'll assume that's all of them. That spacing was originally used to contain all my toons... yes I had to
squeeze more toons into that pic. So I'll space them out a bit. I was thinking of moving them around according to height, or making the rows 5, 4, 2, but
there is a certain something about having the 4 orginals together that strikes a cord.

Currently the order from left to right in the back to the front is:

Nene, Sylia, Priss

Net, Silicon, Dance, Street

Mirage, Range, Gauche, Blade, Demo

Nano, Swift

Also anything you can do in the came, and some things you -can't- do, you can do in demos... just gotta know how.

Any comments on the particular order, or got a suggested order? Its your shot after all... or you willing to risk my 'artistic licence'

-Shader
Nice touch with the civilian Sabres in the back... Now I need to give Linna a civilian costume... Nah. Can't figure out a way to do the 80s justice yet Tongue
Pages: 1 2