Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: An exercise in boredom
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, having hit the writer's block again for whatever reason, I decided to randomly challenge myself to write something. Using a stopwatch, I took the
concept "how to improve a neglected zone" and gave myself twenty minutes. The following is the result:

Quote:

Perez Park Revamp:

Gang War

The Skulls and the Hellions have been muscling into each other's territory for years, and Perez Park in particular has been the frontlines of the
conflict. Unfortunately, this limbo enforced by heroic measures has been shattered by the intervention of the Circle of Thorns.

Enacting many rituals in Perez, the Circle has long been aware of both gangs, and even poached some of their higher members whose Mu blood would appease
their demonic masters. However, with setbacks elsewhere, the Circle's methods have grown to subtle recruitment. Offering both gangs the means to become
stronger and crush their "mutual enemy", the Circle intended to thin out both gangs and recruit those with the highest potential power into the
Circle itself, as powerful hosts for new Oranbangan spirits.

They miscalculated.

Already experienced with demonic contracts, all the Circle was able to offer the Hellions was greater control. Able to secure greater power, the Hellions now
were able to summon true demons to serve their bidding, and greater flame powers than any Damned had dreamed of. In the southwest of the park, a massive
summoning ritual created a volcanic fortress for the Hellions, surrounded by a flaming wasteland. The Hellmouth serves as the gang's central base of
operations and is patrolled by various demons that the upper echelons of the gang have summoned to do their will.

For the Skulls, they were unaware that the original founders of the gang, the Petrovic brothers, already knew much about necromantic death power through
their own experimentation. The dark tomes the Circle offered found their way to them, and the Petrovices decided it was time to make a bold move. The
northeast corner of Perez is now a blighted wasteland full of dead trees that're shriveled and dry, as the dust the soil has become is blown by a chill
wind. The Dead Zone is the new domain of the Skulls, and the dead members of the gang now serve as mindless sentinels, their reanimated corpses called from
beyond the grave to destroy the enemies of the gang.

Where before the two gangs were a minor nuisance, now the Skulls and Hellions' new power threatens to overrun Perez entirely. Heroes are needed to put
these once lowly gangs back in their place.

- Two new neighborhoods, the Dead Zone and the Hellmouth, spawn higher level Skulls and Hellions mobs, with new enemy types(zombified Skulls and Hellion
demonic minions).

- New contacts the Wanderer and Tanya Richardson introduce new story arcs, leading heroes to confront the founders of the Skulls gang Marrow Snap and Marrow
Drinker, and the new hotshot running the local Hellions, Legion...and his infernal backers.
I never thought my general idea of "the Hellions burn down Perez" could spawn something that complicated. [Image: laugh.gif]
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."
My Ghod, MEgs. Post it to the official suggestions forums!

Or at the very least, use the upcoming player-created content tools to make it happen!
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Quote: Foxboy wrote:

My Ghod, MEgs. Post it to the official suggestions forums!

Or at the very least, use the upcoming player-created content tools to make it happen!

I would....but I have no idea where I'm supposed to put it. [Image: laugh.gif]
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."