Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Halos!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
link is to the official board thread with pics of the purchasable auras from this year's Winter Event.

http://boards.cityofheroe...ge=0&fpart=1&vc=1
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies
Oo! That'd look nice on Lincoln [Image: smile.gif]

--Sam

"SPOON!"
Space Mage is getting one.

Just 'cause.
-- Acyl
Okay, as soon as I get my hands on these, I have to build a catgirl. Because, hey, Halo Kitty.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Bob Schroeck Wrote:Halo Kitty.

*dies*

Reading the thread...

Quote:I'll settle for a tilted halo "your halo is slipping"

That'd be fun. I wonder if maybe they'll eventually do other odd variants, like a flourescent lightbulb... A halo holder would probably be too much to expect though.

Kind of sucks that you apparently have to be level 30 to use them though. >.> Hope they'll change that to be like back items, where you can still use wings you've unlocked even when you can't access capes.

-Morgan. Lovriel needs one of these...
Quote:Halo Kitty
Although I posted that simply for the quick joke, I've been thinking more seriously about it all morning. I wonder if I can build a female-sculpted SPARTAN armor with cat ears in the character designer... And of course, Technology Blaster, Rifle/Devices.

(Devices because I've just recently fallen in love with trip mines and cloaking devices. The combination is pure win in solo play; team play not so much because no one has the patience to let you lay out the implacable field of death that you set off with a single rifle shot to a baddie... But I've managed to lay mines in combat before getting off my first shot and thus at full cloak.)

ETA: Because I had to. I give you... Halo Kitty:

[Image: halokitty.jpg]
-- Bob
---------
If I remember correctly, the Hats head option still allows you to use the animal ears.

So use an Enforcer Hat (ie the 'helmet') and Enforcer Detail 1 (the visor/faceplate). You may want to do something else for the jaw, though.

If you use the larger Wildcat ears, they should still be visible despite the helmet.

That should look suffiently like the Master Chief's helmet.
-- Acyl
Thanks! It'll probably have to wait until I get her high enough to reach an Icon, sadly. She's only just reached 6th.
-- Bob
---------
As I post this, I realise...this uses the Tech Sleek pieces for the body, arms, and legs, and you might or might not have access to 'em. They're the 27-month Veteran reward. The Techbot (like you used) is probably a close enough match, though. Tech Crey might also work.
[Image: masterkitty.jpg]
Head is from 'Hats' section. Hat: Enforcer, Detail 1: Enforcer, Detail 2: Iron Jaw, Face: Robotic.
I had to adjust the head sliders to get it looking more like a SPARTAN helmet - flatten the head widen it, pull the cranium back a bit, so on.  The green shade is from the extreme right of the palette, one of those nice flat darker pastels.
-- Acyl
Bob, if you're good enough at threat avoidance, you can dash to the Icon in IP from King's Row.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Well, the jump pack helps nicely at that. I just want to get her a level or two higher.

Hell, come to that, I should probably look in the base Salvage bins to see if there's still enough goodies to get an extra costume slot; I should do this
as an alternate "helmet on" appearance and leave the original as "helmet off".
-- Bob
---------
I still have some extra salvage on Space Mage. I'll drop it into the bins if I remember. Mind, it'll be Halloween in less than two months...we can
replenish stocks.
-- Acyl
Good idea, as the set I used today was, according to the deliveryperson (Thanks, Wiregeek!), the very last complete set in the bins.
-- Bob
---------
I've actually got a character that I'm planning on deleting that has some... Next time I'm playing I should get on with her and give it all to
someone. '.'

-Morgan.
There should now be 4-5 complete sets in there...I think we're running lowest on Back Alley Brawler gloves, though, so if you're able to top that up in
particular, it'll be good.

The Halloween salvage is in the rack nearest the invention table and vault.

(I just put a bunch in...and Stormgear and I immediately took two sets out, but there should still be 4-5 sets left. =P)
-- Acyl
I just had Halo Kitty in a CC this evening, and while I didn't even get into the final round, I got many many praises, which I owe totally to Acyl. In fact, one of the judges for the contest said that she was the best Master Chief he'd ever seen in COH, even with the ears and tail.
-- Bob
---------