Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Task Force Tuesday? (Hess TF; Giant Robots!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Purrfect Scrapper spent a goodly portion of yesterday beating on baddies in Striga. She's looking to assemble a team of crack heroes (or cracked-out
heroes, as the case may be) to assist her in stopping the MAD ARCHON BURKHOLDER, whose giant robotic foot is poised to crush Atlas Park!

Are you willing to help her?

Festivities scheduled to begin at 7pm Pacific (subject to attendance) on Tuesday. Scraps will be providing morale-boosting cuteness and razor-sharp claws. BYO
Insps, dress light -- it's warm in the volcano.

(Perfectly willing to reschedule if not enough people are able to make it, just speak up.)

Edit to add: Contact claims (and PWiki
confirms) it's a 25 - 30 TF, with 6 required to start, and if memory serves about a 2 hour run time.

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
I love this TF, I have multiple characters that fit the level range, and due to being unemployed, I now have no reason to worry about work calling me in
mid-TF. Bright side of life, no?

However, given the level range, I'll most likely bring Inyme. A TF boost will put her within spitting distance of the Rikti War Zone
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."
do want do want do want do want do want omg want want want!

((one of the few TFs and Trials I haven't done on Mags - tanking is covered.
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies
Just remember, it's hell on catgirls in the volcano, your secondary costume may be needed [Image: smile.gif]

The Hunterminator

I'd love to join in, but I'll be working friday and 7 pm Pacific is a bit too late for me after a week of work. I'll try to make it but I can't
guarantee anything.
Um. Tuesday, not Friday, unless too many schedules conflict. [Image: smile.gif] That's tomorrow.

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
I should be fine for this, supposing we get started not to much after 7pm PST. Hm. I think I might bring Swift. Anya's would be fun to go with Inyme, but
she's only at 14.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

The Hunterminator

Today? Mmm... I'll try to make it.

-edit-

I won't be able to make it.
If you guys can wait like 15 minutes on the start I can TRY to bring a Kheld/Scrapper/Defender
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Hunt: bummer. If circumstances change again, you're still welcome. *grin*

Fox: I don't think anyone will mind waiting 15 minutes so you can come (if they do, SPEAK UP! [Image: smile.gif]). 16 minutes is Right Out, though.

--sofaspud
Apologies folks, I got slammed with insane busy night at work. Je suis desole....
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Things we have learned from this TF:

- Inyme possesses a sense of humor.

- Cleaning yourself with your tongue after soaking in saltwater isn't advisable.

- "This way to glorious egress!"

- Jen-chan can cause Mag's blood pressure to rise by sheer proximity, with an increase by a factor of .5 per second for every second she continues talking.

- The MegaMech is a Load Bearing Boss
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."
Just for the record, Vigdis was quoting T'Skaia when she said, as the timer to self destruct started down - "What ho, warriors! This way to the
fabulous egress!" ^_^

The Hunterminator

Quote: OpMegs wrote:

- The MegaMech is a Load Bearing Boss

Why do you think Yukiyo has a macro just for saying "What does this do?" for whenever I actually manage to do this TF. I'm really sorry I
couldn't make it, it sounds like it was a lot of fun.
Quote: Logan Darklighter wrote:

Just for the record, Vigdis was quoting T'Skaia when she said, as the timer to self destruct started down - "What ho, warriors! This way to the
fabulous egress!" ^_^

And the flashy lizard was quoting Mr. Phineas T. Barnum, who put "This Way To The Fabulous Egress" over the exit to his exhibits.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Quote: OpMegs wrote:

- Jen-chan can cause Mag's blood pressure to rise by sheer proximity, with an increase by a factor of .5 per second for every second she continues
talking.

But Jen-chan only wanted to make friends! ;_; It's not her fault her home life is crazy!

(technically, it's her mom's fault!)