Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Eva Test Render - updated with Classic Magic Girl look (for Eva at any rate...)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is Eva in a test outfit (Cheerleader - it is appropos.)

It is likely that I will not be able to handle her current COH outfits. Which is okay, because the Halloween issue will have her dressing up another
way.

Bob, would you mind if I tried my hand at doing a non-canon outfit, inspired by her COH outfits and keeping with the Magical Girl genre?

(The cold weather contures are part of the cheerleader outfit, sorry I could not remove them short of dropping the image into PSP - and it is only a
sketch.)

Image updated see notes below

[Image: 07116b12960b8e5538b32b4fc2ddd47d743918e6.jpg]

Shayne
Well, I can't really say for sure, but I remember Eva having a bit longer hair, not quite as straight. I suppose you can claim 'Magical Girl
Transformation' and leave it at that though..
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI
If you turn the model around, the hair reaches to just above her butt. There is also a tattoo of Popeye eating a can of spinach... just kidding.
Definitely a good start, but as noted already she has far more hair -- not just down to her butt, but enough around her head that the wings on her headdress just go into it without any visible support. It's almost shaggy. However, it is straight. (Sorry, Ankhani.) It is also, I seem to recall, center-parted. Is the pic for her at the Virtue wiki good enough to use as a model? I'd go confirm except it's on the ban list here at work. If it isn't, let me know and I'll send you closeup screen shots.

Looking at the whole figure, I'd say she'd be a touch more slender, with a somewhat smaller bust size. I'm having a hard time judging relative height in the pic -- she should be scaled to about 5'2".

Can't wait to see the finished product!
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Image updated above: Magic Girl and sidekick at dusk.

Okay, so I cut down on the breastage and slimmed her down even further. I also went to town on the hair morphs; adding a lot more volume;

(Paragon...not Orem... Paragon not Orem...)

One thing to keep in mind; this is how you want her to look - don't feel you have to cleave exactly to the COH costume builder. If you want elements
that are not there, feel free to mention it; or take the look in a direction the costume creator does not let you go in
Every time I look at Allistair, I smile.
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies
I think you're right on the money with the body, Shayne. I'll okay the hair, too -- it's not quite the same, but I'm going to reserve judgment
until I can see her from behind.

As for the nonstandard costume, sure, go ahead.

And Alistair -- you hit it out of the park on the first swing.
-- Bob
---------
....clearly, they're in a cold environment for Alistair's benefit.

...just sayin'.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."
As Rev said... the chill is part and parcel of the outfit package he's using. A lot of the folks making parts for Poser are using them for bad hentai
anyway.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Fox you are right. Poser models are odd, but do skew towards the overt rather than the subtle. It is sometime difficult to find simple props, but if your
want a three speed _____, a leather and latex _____ or a ____ _____ ____ with a ____ ____ you can find it.

While I don't follow the magical girl genre (yes, shake your fingers and tsk..tsk.. I need to play more video games too); I tried to replicate the
combination of innocent and sensual that seems to drive the cross-pollination of the genre. Since Eva is more martial than the average Magical girl (more
martial than much of the SAS) I went with some very practical looking armour, combined with the utterly impractical as defined by the magical girl code of
uncomfortable boots and questionable skirts.

[Image: 9753625717c194ee0f648f965cd43443eacd0cdb.jpg]
Given the resources you have to work with, I won't quibble at all, except to suggest that she'd stay with her blue and gold -- or just blue, which is
how she started out. Otherwise, fine work. Definitely has the right feel, even if you can't reproduce the exact look.

Hmm. If you can find a way to do it, the Organic shoulders and the winged headdress really are her trademarks. But like I said, I understand what you have to
work with.
-- Bob
---------