Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Because Spud wanted me to....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This was essentially a work in progress/concept thingamajig, that I wrote up to get the imagery out of my head. Spud thought it was rather good, and told me to
post it, so I shall.

Music recommended for listening here.

Since we're feeling so unused to time

In our comfort zone

[Sylvie looks out over the Skyway streets from an apartment balcony, Linna watching her from inside with a slight smile on her face at Sylvie's content
expression]

Reminds me of the second time

That I followed you home

[Sylvie's memories flash back to dropping exhausted, barely out of her armor, onto Linna's couch after one of their early encounters, Linna pulling a
blanket over Sylvie before going to bed herself]

We're running out of alibis

On the second of May

[Nene cocks her head slightly, saying something with an impish expression, getting a radiant blush from Linna and a slightly better hidden result from Sylvie,
to her obvious amusement]

Reminds me of the summer time

On this winter day

[Sylvie leaning out on the balcony thinks back, images of Priss and Anri both floating through her mind, as she looks back in at where Linna's taken to
reading a book.]

See you at the bitter end

[Armor up sequence for both as a buzzer near the armor storage goes off]

Every step we take that's synchronized

[Nanite tentacles hold a Jumpbot in place as Swift effortlessly turns from her first target and swings around to bisect the machine at the waist, tossing a
thumbs up at Nano]

Every broken bone

[Both are sent flying by a Troll's foot stomp, hitting nearby walls almost in unison]

Reminds me of the second time

That I followed you home

[Memories again, of the two meeting for the first time in armor, Swift a nervous figure remarkably holding her blade steady despite it, leading Nano out of the
facility the darker colored Sabre'd found her in.]

You shower me with lullabies

As you're walking away

[Sylvie smiles privately at the feeling as Linna slips into bed behind her, intertwining her hand with Linna's.]

Reminds me that it's killing time

[The two are in armor, heading towards a group of Sabres.]

On....this....fate...ful...

day.

[Street Sabre stands up and slowly turns as they approach, giving Nano a clear look at a helm and armor that she suddenly remembers. Time draws slower as
Swift looks at her partner askance.]

[Inside Nano's helmet, Sylvie's eyes are visibly wide, as small HUD logos flicker across them]

[Images flash through her mind. An escape from combat boomers. Stealing the disc. The DD Battlemover facing an unknown ADP suit]

[The DD's cockpit slowly opens, as a Motoslave jumps into the air, supporting another Saber's attack. It explodes in missile fire, before a
Saber...not just a Saber...but Priss...fires a railgun round, spearing Sylvie through the chest.]

[Sylvie's eyes tighten, as her fists clench and then Nano launches herself at Priss.]
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."